MMOloda SHutting down PSO2 section after 9 years

" Important Notice: SEGA Co., Ltd. has contacted us to delete all of the PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 character images.

Therefore, this uploader will be closed. All images will be deleted today tomorrow. We apologize for the sudden inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding.

It has been active as a fan site of PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 for 9 years from 2012, and during that time, it has been used by many users. We would like to express our sincere gratitude for your patronage to this day. Thank you very much."

Kinda sad to see when of the japanese image uploaders get shut down.

Warning some images may be lewd given its japanese culture. http://mmoloda.com/pso2/

Sega's really trying to eliminate all the trust they made from PSO2 JP.

This is so sad, Alexa play Komm süsser Tod.

Making enemies on both servers is a very stupid idea. I'm not sure what they're hoping to accomplish here.

Just SEGA being SEGA, I mentioned before I got double youtube channel strike for uploading Shining Blade gameplay before.

Don't know why they would send mmoloda cease and desist, it's just a screenshot depository - you get tons of screenshots on Twitter and that's fine? It's not like they are trying to make money off of them.

Not to mention why after 9 years and after NGS hits. Fan sites better beware from now on.

SEGA baka.

Is there any reason why Sega shut this down? It's a JP site, so it's clearly a move from the Japan side of Sega. Is Sega trying to change the public image of the game by cracking down on lewd content, since the site had a bunch of it.

@Alexmo said in MMOloda SHutting down PSO2 section after 9 years:

Is there any reason why Sega shut this down? It's a JP site, so it's clearly a move from the Japan side of Sega. Is Sega trying to change the public image of the game by cracking down on lewd content, since the site had a bunch of it.

It could be the game's logo and legal money swinging, but it could also be the facelift.

Not sure why SEGA of JP would want to do a facelift after nearly a decade of this sort of UGC being fine.

(Inb4 "Muh agenda conspiracies" pop up, it really could just be the website's background or setup.)

[Side note:]

Both JP and Global ask you to keep SEGA's logo on the images, so that could be it as well.

Just another thing coming out from left field from SEGA. there is (c) Sega on multiple places of the site, and nearly every picure was taken using the in-game SS which puts all the (c) sega info in the corner watermark, and any that happen to not are covered by the "Game image © SEGA All rights Reserved." at the bottom of the page. Copyright really wouldn't be the reason for forcing deletion of everything. Someone is seriously trippin @ Sega.

Japanese companies have always been more strict about copyright. There is a lot of reasons this take down notice could have been sent out. This really isn't all that unusual of an occurrence. SEGA and Atlus are both occasionally taking things down for copyright reasons. I think it's a bit of a reach to say this is being done by SEGA to kill the existing PSO2 community.

@DoomSlayer said in MMOloda SHutting down PSO2 section after 9 years:

Sega probably got sold to Microsoft, or another Californian politics company, it is the only way these terribly bad and stupid decisions make sense.

SEGA is SEGA Sammy's biggest money maker right now. SEGA isn't being sold off. Microsoft would have to buy SEGA Sammy as a whole which is very unlikely to happen. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it's just very very very unlikely. A lot of people don't realize this, but SEGA Sammy is massive.

Would be much more beneficial to MS to just make a GamePass deal with SEGA.

It is unusual in this case. If the issue is about copyright, they would have done it within the span of 9 years before NGS even exist. 9, freakin, years. So why now?

@Photon_Cat more strict, but not do a thing for 9 years? Does not correlate.

After the recent gaming announcements I'm more inclined Microsoft made a bigger deal with Sega than we initially thought.

Would be wild of they bought Sega off lol.

A Sega buyout would certainly be cool as Sega has franchises that the console is lacking "exclusively" but i don't see that happening and if it were to happen I doubt any of these franchises would be used.

Then again the same could've been said by rareware but to be fair, they got butchered by a out of touch CEO.