suggestion for the summoner class

This post is deleted!

But none of that actually change how you play the class. As longs as they're convinced that you need to stay back and swing you stick to make the creature do its thing, you'll be standing back and swinging your stick, and getting closer to the enemies doesn't change the fact you're just swinging your stick from the sidelines.

I agree that summoner is as boring as it can get. I just don't see how taking damage from attacks directed at your pet, who is most likely in a place where you can't even see properly, would help. If they want it to be less monotonous, they basically need to rework it entirely. I just don't know how they could do that without changing the entire nature of the class.

I suppose you could say it would be less easy, but that wouldn't make playing the class any more enticing. It's still a snore fest.

This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!

here to drop that i like summoner in pso2 because i know nobody else will 😎

One solution could probably be enemies to ignore pets entirely which means if you're soloing you'd be constantly moving.

This post is deleted!

@lunartear said in suggestion for the summoner class:

here to drop that i like summoner in pso2 because i know nobody else will 😎

I like summoner too.

I wish summoner just felt more like you're fighting alongside your pet than making your pet do everything. I feel like a good way to make it work is that you share damage as was suggested in this thread, but also have like a system with attacks that if times right let's you dodge attacks.

The system would basically have there be photon arts that attack with your pet first, then attack with the player character, while giving bonus damage when you do it that way, encouraging doing it often to do more damage and increasing the risk you time the switch at the wrong time to give reward for risk.

This post is deleted!

@soyon said in suggestion for the summoner class:

@Riesz sounds like a good idea and i like that it encourages the player to engage the enemy. however i do like commanding the pet and having it do all of the work. that just appeals to me more

Ok but like that gameplay doesn't really make much sense in a game like this. Especially since SEGA never actually label it an mmorpg, but one thing they do call it an action rpg. Not much of an action rpg if you can just stand in one spot with no risk to yourself and not even really move.

This post is deleted!