JP streamer that I watch hasnt been doing much NGS streaming lately.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDHJz4VecQ-q1hZiKY-ij4A

Playing Tales of Arise, Just like I am! PS02-NGS videos for about 4 years now straight, then none. Fitting, since both of us are in it for the combat, and tales of Arise combat is killer. Not Multiplayer, but doesn't even matter. Probably still plays NGS, but theres no point doing content for it right now.

Should say a bit about how NGS is going in the Japanese communities eyes. You'll have people that play it unwittingly just like with Global, and you'll have people that will go do other things, and with most people theres a good chance they wont even look back.

If I recall, the Japanese players have a boycott of theirs going on (them not logging in) as a result of both recent events and Sega's lack of responses towards what the players are saying. If anything were to really happen for New Genesis as a whole it would definitely fall on them as they are Sega's primary audience. I would hope we get something similar to Episode 5 (Sega throwing surveys and trying to improve the game to course-correct even at the cost of content) without the PR disasters that ensued and resulted in what we had for Episode 6 and as a result New Genesis.

@VanillaLucia we really need this level of solidarity

@TechyAzeem

Yup, agreed. Unfortunately a lot of upset people are still addicted to the login/daily rewards and predatory FOMO nonsense that SEGA has infected this game with.

Just boycotting the AC shop/premium is not enough; many don't seem to understand that an active f2p player base is content in and of itself, which is very beneficial to SEGA.

@VanillaLucia said in JP streamer that I watch hasnt been doing much NGS streaming lately.:

If I recall, the Japanese players have a boycott of theirs going on (them not logging in) as a result of both recent events and Sega's lack of responses towards what the players are saying. If anything were to really happen for New Genesis as a whole it would definitely fall on them as they are Sega's primary audience. I would hope we get something similar to Episode 5 (Sega throwing surveys and trying to improve the game to course-correct even at the cost of content) without the PR disasters that ensued and resulted in what we had for Episode 6 and as a result New Genesis.

Really because I haven’t seen nor witnessed anything of the sorts! Where is this notice you claiming is happening?

@VanillaLucia said in JP streamer that I watch hasnt been doing much NGS streaming lately.:

As long as it's not the tone deaf survey they did a while back, asking why we weren't spending more money. Especially when the obvious answer was that they weren't listening to their customers in the first place. Money would roll in more, if there were more players, and said players were happy with the state of the game, enough to spend more. Instead we had a peak, and lost a good chunk of those players after the first month. So many of those players wouldn't have left if SEGA was smarter about how they have been handling NGS, and customer relations. When as a Japanese based company, even your core Japanese user base has had enough, that should be a sign you are making one too many mistakes.

Personally I'm still logging in, but only to collect daily rewards, and to do weekly based challenges. But that's going to stop by December/January, if things haven't changed and improved by then.

@Anarchy-Marine The surveys at the time were geared towards seeing what players wanted which resulted in the balance patches for Episode 5 (the Level 85 level cap and class skills, Sega dropping the Hero in the dust at Level 80 while every class could potentially start matching them, the small tweaks/major tweaks to classes, simplifying skill trees for some classes, adjusting Just Attack timings for classes, and more). In the midst of this one of the producers was on a broadcast talking about the progression of Phantasy Star Online 2 and the difficulties regarding Episode 5 before dropping a joke where saying "it fell flat" wouldn't describe the disastrous uproar that ensued. The joke was along the lines of "we can't make content because we have too many complaints" which resulted in two key members no longer showing themselves publicly, the discontinuation of future broadcasts unless it was their own, and a lot more "quietness" from Sega's end when it came to discussing the nature of the game. Instead of those live shows we got PSO2 Station which I would relate to Warframe's Developer Streams (a controlled environment where players can ask questions and get input from staff) and that ultimately got boiled down to what we now know as NGS Headline where we have a single face that people are incorrectly blaming. You can try to translate this blog entry if you wanted to see the apology that came up after Episode 5's PR disaster. I know PSO-World has a thread or two on this that echos a lot of what is currently being said now or will be echoed from future problems for New Genesis.

Episode 6 was definitely an attempt to save-face during this time but I really cannot shake away the thought that Episode 6 for what it was ended up being a distraction from "continuing" Episode 5's direction.

Since NGS release, there has been no surveys on JP side. The why aren't you buying stuff was purely global side only.

@n_n said in JP streamer that I watch hasnt been doing much NGS streaming lately.:

Yup, agreed. Unfortunately a lot of upset people are still addicted to the login/daily rewards and predatory FOMO nonsense that SEGA has infected this game with.

Can't buy cosmetics without meseta. Where do you think those cosmetics enter the player shop from?

@n_n said in JP streamer that I watch hasnt been doing much NGS streaming lately.:

Just boycotting the AC shop/premium is not enough; many don't seem to understand that an active f2p player base is content in and of itself, which is very beneficial to SEGA.

Free to play players are worth less than nothing unless someone buys their AC. "Boycotting" their sales is more than enough, since player numbers without profit does not keep a game as a service game afloat.

But i am curious how you think they are beneficial to sega if sega can't sell anything to anyone.

@Yggranya

A lively game entices people to invest money. The free player may never spend a dime, but their existence greatly contributes to the social and partying aspects of PSO2, which will convince willing customers to spend.

Do you think many people would still whale out on this game if it become a near ghost town?

As I said many times on this forum already, the best way to put fear into SEGA and make them reconsider their priorities is to boycott the game all together and stop logging in. The JP get it. Global don't and still give what SEGA wants. (because they can't break free from what I talked about in the top quote)

@Yggranya

A lively game entices people to invest money. The free player may never spend a dime, but their existence greatly contributes to the social and partying aspects of PSO2, which will convince willing customers to spend.

Do you think many people would still whale out on this game if it become a near ghost town?

I do......yes

Yes Rain, we know YOU will... but the majority would not. I guarantee you that.

@n_n Yeah, so, if people boycott the game by NOT buying things from it, the free to play players playing it mean fuck all. Even if they'd somehow get 10 times more player out of nowhere overnight, it doesn't mean shit if nobody spends money on their game.

The best and only way to put the fear into a company is to cut into their bottom line, and that is the only thing that'll make them remember that the playerbase isn't just there so they can milk money out of it without any effort.

@Yggranya said in JP streamer that I watch hasnt been doing much NGS streaming lately.:

@n_n Yeah, so, if people boycott the game by NOT buying things from it, the free to play players playing it mean [snip] all.

I'd be quite interested in hearing about what phenomenon you think could cause the game's concurrent players to multiply tenfold and the game's income to zeroise.

I think n_n is talking about a practical/realistic cause-end-effect. It's been long observed that with a bustling population (including non-paying players) to engage with, sell to and show off in front of, whales spend more and more whales play. Heck if it wasn't the case the entire F2P model would have never got off the ground, let alone endured as long as it has.

@Miraglyth

Yeah, exactly what I mean.