Best rod for force tech?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to that, I looks like Cadaseus is better than Psycho Wand also when using light techs, and then psycho for everything else.

@AndrlCh Also, did this take in to account Revolsio's charged tech bonus?

@SpadesWolf3405 You are correct. My point was Psycho Wand is the best for general use, as in if you can only get one, that is your best use of resources. And yes, this is all assuming that it is a charged Tech. In the simulator the only difference between the numbers is the Weapon's TEC, Elemental %, and Potential modifier; all other factors are the same including Skills, Character TEC and DEX, and enemy weakness modifier. Ultimately, Revolsio's 8% modifier just isn't enough to match the others if their conditions are met, and since Clarita and Psycho are unconditional, it just drops it to the bottom of the list.

@AndrlCh thanks for the help!

Thank you for sharing this math. It makes much sense. The problem iwth PsychoWand (besides that it is a classic Pso item) is that it doesn't look good at all in my opinion! Maybe it is worth using a camo on it? Lol any suggestions on this? Or is it just me that doesn't like it?

Hey @AndrlCh, I'm trying to use the simulator to compare Talis vs Rod. Does this look right to you? I've set everything up the same for each, except with the Talis weapons I turned on Talis Tech Bonus. Am using Psycho Wand as a baseline for rods. Have included both matched and different elements for elemental conversion. My numbers are way lower than yours, I think I missed the "hypothetical 1000 power single-hit Tech" setting?

http://4rt.info/psod/?1xr2g

If you have any tips for using the sim I'd appreciate it.

@Cheltaran13 I don't remember if I had any other modifiers like Weapon Boost on, but everything looks fine. To set the hypothetical Tech, under "Skills and PA", set PA to 1000 instead of 100 without touching Rate or Accuracy. (Honestly, I picked 1000 as an arbitrary number to best show the disparity that the potentials create)

@AndrlCh said in Best rod for force tech?:

@Cheltaran13 I don't remember if I had any other modifiers like Weapon Boost on, but everything looks fine. To set the hypothetical Tech, under "Skills and PA", set PA to 1000 instead of 100 without touching Rate or Accuracy. (Honestly, I picked 1000 as an arbitrary number to best show the disparity that the potentials create)

Ah, thank for that. I left the tech power at the default 100, so I guess my numbers are just 90% lower but on the same scale. The "bare hand ATP" is probably different too, I just picked 730 as that's the required T_ATK to equip all 3 weapons. I really prefer Talis to Rod (I know I'll need both eventually, but that's for another discussion), so was curious how they stack up. It looks like Talis Tech Bonus brings the Talis close enough to the Rod damage to still be a good option.

@Cheltaran13 Honestly, if it weren't for how ridiculously overpowered they made the NA Psycho Wand, Talis would be the strongest of the two Weapon types when looking at comparable Weapons in the current state of the game. I'm stuck using my phone right now so I can't pull up my resources, but I'm confident if you were to just compare Revolsios, the Talis would outperform the Rod due to Talis Tech Bonus.

@AndrlCh The other benefit of the Revolsio Talis is that if I can manage to grind one to +35 it'll be done ready to unlock lvl 76-80 on both Force and Techer. Win/win IMO.

@Cheltaran13 You don't need to worry about that, they got rid of that requirement.

@AndrlCh Oh, really? Thank ^&%^!

I'm levelling 3 characters and wasn't looking forward to grinding out so many weapons.

I'm grinding out a Card Revolsio anyway, since it seems like the best option for Talis on the NA server at the moment, but at least it won't be a requirement for the level unlocks.

@Cheltaran13 Yeah, on the JPN servers, they made it so that the second Level-Cap CO just automatically unlocks levels 41 to 95, and the NA server doesn't even have any of the Level-Cap COs to begin with, so I don't imagine they will add them when the cap goes up.

@Briza-RoninSoul said in Best rod for force tech?:

much sense. The problem iwth PsychoWand (besides that it is a classic Pso item) is that it doesn't look good at all in my opinion! Maybe it is worth using a camo on it? Lol an

To be honest I see what you mean, it is a little less spectacular than I would expect, it's really just a subjective thing. However, I still love it because that's the wand Rune uses to break down Zio's magic barriers in PSIV.

@Stretcharach exactly. Its looking is not great, but it is not bad either, so can't really complain. And it does have history, so it is fine.