Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol

@TheLamp5 said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

@NoSpax let me guess the warframe community reee'd so hard again.

Yes, even as going so far as demanding this specific Developer not to get in touch with the community ever again.

@NoSpax said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

@NoSpax let me guess the warframe community reee'd so hard again.

Yes, even as going so far as demanding this specific Developer not to get in touch with the community ever again.

It's not surprising that these are the same people who tried to put rahetalius on blast cuz they've been criticized by him and the warframe community and they also the reason why you can't put nezha and trap in the same sentence without getting banned on region chat.

Never tried that one

@NoSpax it's just crazy with how when you have nezha and trap in the same sentence can get you banned from region chat, tho to be clear it's because the 4 words nezha, is , a, and trap all in the same sentence that certain mods on region chat decided that add in the list for kickbot to banned you for, cuz sjwish with how they thought that trap was used as the slur word meaning instead of how the word actually describing nezha's feminine appearance in a jokingly matter for some reason.

alt text

Jesus. What happened while I was asleep?

@Cathy madness madness has happened.

@BannedCheeseCake said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

You should notice that one of the mods in Fleet is also a mod in NGS discord, and funny enough you probs seen their Discord status as playing XIV more than NGS.

Hey you probably mean me! Hi! I try to help as much as I can everywhere I'm involved, but most of that ends up being in the back side of things due to my day job schedule being pretty brutal, I mostly talk to people one on one in DMs, send word to people who they need to be sent to, discuss things with staff, even play devil's advocate at times in favor of users in some cases, and skim channels for anything particularly notable that need attention when I can, sometimes even while I'm at work on my phone. I'm really just a regular player who has been around for years in the game community and volunteer to help whenever I can, but I don't get paid or am employed by anyone, just do what I can when I can. Ultimately I do play many other games and my interests kind of expand to more than NGS, as much as I love the game and the series as a whole for nearly two decades now. If you wanted a lore run down I'm always down to share my love of the franchise history and lore with anyone given I'm not too tired from work or busy.

@Lanre said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

@BannedCheeseCake @NIC
Yeah, I don't want to stoop down to their levels and start calling out names in public. I didn't even want to mention "Aida" in the first place, which is why I kept saying "server owner".

Also, if you ever bring up personal reports on the mods/conversations with the mods publicly, it's grounds for a ban. Like I've mentioned prior, the problematic mods don't contribute to anything that we use regularly from Fleet Discord e.g. UQ announcer, class resources, phasion screenshots. They only poke their heads in to push their private opinions around sporadically so you'd have to go through their post history to see for yourself. Not worth the trouble unless you have a lot of spare time and are actually very curious.

I have a bunch of screenshots that I'd rather not share because I'm pretty certain they'd just use that as a method to doxx and ban your account for "breaking Discord rules" with respect to not sharing private mod interaction or even sharing public mod actions in Fleet with people outside of Fleet. The way things are, so long as Aida stays in power there is no safe space for anyone except her cronies in Fleet discord. And with the game declining as rapidly as it is, I'd expect NGS itself to die out way before Fleet moderation ever improves.

First and foremost, I'd like to say thank you to you (and the others in the thread) for discussing this stuff in a -rational- and adult manner. No namecalling, actual discussion, honest feedback, it's refreshing to see it. Thank you.

I responded to your comment on reddit (I think it was you? It was similar to this), but I'll respond here too. As with most discords, discussion on moderation in the public channels does nothing to solve the actual problem and only causes issues because an issue that occured between two people now involves many more. As I've stated previously (and is in the server rules), if you have an issue/question about moderation, feel free to DM any mod or myself. We also don't ban, except in extreme cases like hard slurs - We mute people so that they can still DM the staff and appeal their mute if they feel it was unwarranted.

Also, we don't "doxx" at all, nor do we "ban accounts" for this kind of stuff. For example, I'm pretty sure you're the same Lanre who is currently in our server and you're not banned! :P. As I said in the reddit thread (again assuming that was you) - If you have any examples of the stuff you've claimed, please send me them via DM/PM on either Discord or here (preferably discord) so we can look into it and take care of it. Thank you!

To address some other issues I've seen mentioned, while I'm here:

No, gwiz was not banned from our server. She left of her own accord. Someone made a badly-worded comment after someone informed them that gwiz was female and they were muted a full hour before she left. That person is still muted because, honestly, this is the first time the whole "proper pronoun" issue has come up and we're still discussing what happened and how to handle it in the future. From what I've seen, I think what they meant was that they don't care what gender a person is because it's all the same to them - Not in a "I refuse to call them the proper pronouns" way but a "I don't judge people by their genders, but their actions.", just... badly worded. I'll be reaching out to them later to talk about it.

I don't think Gwiz knew the person was muted, hence her comments when she left. Since discord was acting up and she couldn't rejoin, she asked me to delete her messages. I did, as I would for anyone who asks.

"People have been reporting mod behaviors to Aida and getting insulted for this"

This is absolutely untrue and kind of irritating. Sometimes I playfully poke fun at people who are rude in DMs, but I definitely don't insult people. I'm a firm believer that everyone can get along, and I try to understand everyone. Typically, I accept that people are mad that they were restricted from chat (understandable) and don't judge them by their initial blowups in my DMs. I'll try to talk to them, but sometimes I'll have to wait until they cool off before we can have a good conversation and get them back into the chat. For the record, I absolutely loathe the discord mods/admins who think they're better than others or can do no wrong or think being admin of a discord server gives you some sort of super power. The kind of people who go "don't ping me I'm the admin", ugh. Your time is no more or less valuable than anyone else's. It's a discord server bro, chill. I'm no better than anyone else and we're all just humans. I deliberately go out of my way -not- to act like the typical discord admin (check the bottom of our rules section!) and get along with everyone. I see a lot of comments when I chat like "omg the admin actually talks here" and "shhhh don't disagree with the admin they'll ban you" and those honestly, 100%, make me sad because I feel like there's a story there about some shitty powertripping admin who thinks they're the internet's gift from god.

I even still speak to and help people who are banned from my server. Sometimes people just aren't a good fit, they get stressed out way too easily, they can't handle talking to many people at once, or their type of humor/jokes doesn't match the kind we strive for, and that's OK! That doesn't make them bad people, they just may not be a good fit for Fleet. In most cases I try to have conversations with these people and work on it so that they can fit in, or we come up with alternative solutions ("it's okay to block people you can't stand" is something I find myself repeating a lot!), but sometimes it doesn't work out in the end. It sucks.

"The majority of mods are slacking and refusing to moderate the EN section due to the chaotic environment"

This is absolutely correct, to a degree! We were a PSO2JP only server for 4 years, and suddenly global appeared without warning. Suddenly I have a gigantic metric ton of users to keep an eye on, and a much smaller mod team than we need. The Global community is a bit more... wild than the JP one (It's not a bad thing, just different!) and some of the mods didn't want to moderate those parts of the servers. Being a moderator is a decision and not a job, and I would not (and cannot!) -force- them to watch the Global channels. Some of them volunteered, but it was clear we would need more mods.

However, it was difficult to find people who were looking forward to moderating a chaotic server in the middle of a gigantic join frenzy, especially since a lot of the global players were brand new players who I did not know. Eventually, some people showed up on my radar (I was in the channels as often as I could be at the time) as possible mods and I approached them about it - Many said they didn't have the time or the interest, which is understandable. A few joined (I'm sure you know who they are) and are the main ones you see in the Global channels. A few of our mods had some IRL issues/responsibilities that forced them to cut down on the time they could spend in the channels, and automated tools (uwu censor!) were developed in an attempt to pick up the slack until such time as more mods could be found.

Accordingly, the amount of people who could handle being a mod for a 100k server, who I trust not to act like a powerhungry child, and fufill some other criteria is low. Most people are too trolly/irresponsable/weren't fit for it, and bringing in a lot of bad mods is, in my opinion, much worse than having a few good ones. Was that a bad decision? I don't think so, but it's also not ideal. People have strong opinions on the game (understandably) and they need to put their personal feelings aside when moderating, which is something few people can do. Because of this specific reason, we started a "trial mod" system a bit back, and a few seem promising.

Please keep in mind we had -years- to find mods for the discord server for the JP side, and for global we had about... 3 seconds before chaos hit after E3.

"Mod of the fleet mods are just Aida's cronies"

This isn't true. I actively try to make sure the people I surround myself with aren't the kind of kissasses who would just agree with anything I say. I speak 100% truthfully to them and call them out when they mess up or go to far or make mistakes, and I fully expect them to do the same to me. There are lots of discussions, lots of arguments, and sometimes we get heated and have to walk away. I'm sure there's a much more profound way to word it, but a room full of people all agreeing all the time is stagnant and extremely unhelpful. We're all human, we all make mistakes, and being surrounded by feelgood people who will just agree with me no matter what helps absolutely no one, especially me and the server. I hate it when people put me on some "holier than thou" pedastool and I actively try to discourage this behavior when I see it. I'm just a person.

"Mods are too busy playing FFXIV"

Okay yeah, becuase all of you are only playing NGS 24/7 all day every day, right? But for real, we're just ordinary people - We play more games than just PSO2, but that doesn't affect what we do (or at least it doesn't for me!). A good example is that I typically hear "Aida just plays FFXIV now, she doesn't care about PSO2 anymore". I've been playing FFXIV since -before Global was even announced-. That didn't stop me from adding support for global to the Tweaker days after release, re-arranging the server over months, moderating, working on projects for both global and JP, or anything else. No one plays -just- PSO2 all day every day... well, there's probably that one person who does, but you know what I mean. We're just like you guys - We love NGS, but damn is there nothing to do. Also, I believe the person in question just leaves FFIXV on all day, regardless of if they're actually playing it or not, which is why their status is typically always that.

Sorry that this kind of turned into a wall, but I'd rather say too much than too little, and communication is hard. The pacing of some text may be messed up as well because I went through it a few times to make sure I got everything as I wanted. I don't check these forums often, but I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if I can clear up anything else for a bit. If you'd like to provide feedback after a few days (or directly to me or want to have a conversation), feel free to DM me on Discord (Aida Enna#0001).

God I hope these forums don't have a character limit.

@NoSpax it's just crazy with how when you have nezha and trap in the same sentence can get you banned from region chat, tho to be clear it's because the 4 words nezha, is , a, and trap all in the same sentence that certain mods on region chat decided that add in the list for kickbot to banned you for, cuz sjwish with how they thought that trap was used as the slur word meaning instead of how the word actually describing nezha's feminine appearance in a jokingly matter for some reason.

They could have revised and changed his appearance after that instead of outright banning people for mocking their creation.

@Aida-Enna said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

I don't think Gwiz knew the person was muted, hence her comments when she left. Since discord was acting up and she couldn't rejoin, she asked me to delete her messages. I did, as I would for anyone who asks.

I see, so that's why it looks like her messages got deleted as part of a ban. Thanks for clearing that up!

@Cathy said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

@Aida-Enna said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

I see, so that's why it looks like her messages got deleted as part of a ban. Thanks for clearing that up!

Oh... it didn't even occur to me that it would look that way. I had considered putting something in the chat and pinning it, but making a post about drama while asking people not to talk about it seemed... counterproductive. Had I realized how it looked, I probably would have. No wonder people thought we banned her.

@Aida-Enna Ah, hello. Perhaps doxxing was not the best word for it, but I'm referring to the behavior you're showing in trying to find out who I am on reddit/Discord based off my PSO2 forum username. Lanre is a name I picked up from a series called the Kingkiller Chronicle, and no, I no longer reside in your Discord. But that's not because of bans or mutes. Like I've mentioned prior, I've never been a target of you or your mods so far, thankfully. Mostly because I only lurk in Fleet for data sheets and don't talk to anyone there, when I was even there at all. Eyes open, mouth shut. This investigative behavior is a little disconcerting, though. Exactly the kind of thing discouraging me from communicating with you more directly.

And yes, public discussion is often difficult, but sometimes necessary. That's not a rule unique to Fleet, but I only brought that up in relation to the specific mistrust some of us have for you and your server mods. If the mods are in question, and there is no public space to discuss the mods, how would we ever resolve the topic? Surely not by contacting the suspicious mods? That's exactly why I chose to express my opinions here, on the official SEGA "moderated" forums.....which will unfortunately be shut down soon. I assumed that in this case, the official forums would fall outside your jurisdiction for bans related to "public discussion of moderation in Fleet Discord" should I ever find the need to return for more data sheets regarding upcoming game updates. You'll have to forgive me for not wanting to disclose any more personal information about who I am on any other platform, though. I believe I've already mentioned why I'd make that decision. It's a relief to hear that you don't ban people for talking about moderation actions in Fleet publicly, at least. The wording on that rule wasn't very explicit.

I don't think I can give you any more information without directly referencing names of mods from your server publicly here, which is again not a good way to go about things. Maybe I'll take you up on thet offer of forum PMs now that you're more than likely predisposed towards acting professionally even in private conversations given all the discussion we've already had here. One benefit out of all this public discussion, perhaps?

@Aida-Enna Ah, hello. Perhaps doxxing was not the best word for it, but I'm referring to the behavior you're showing in trying to find out who I am on reddit/Discord based off my PSO2 forum username. Lanre is a name I picked up from a series called the Kingkiller Chronicle, and no, I no longer reside in your Discord. But that's not because of bans or mutes. Like I've mentioned prior, I've never been a target of you or your mods so far, thankfully. Mostly because I only lurk in Fleet for data sheets and don't talk to anyone there, when I was even there at all. Eyes open, mouth shut. This investigative behavior is a little disconcerting, though. Exactly the kind of thing discouraging me from communicating with you more directly.

And yes, public discussion is often difficult, but sometimes necessary. That's not a rule unique to Fleet, but I only brought that up in relation to the specific mistrust some of us have for you and your server mods. If the mods are in question, and there is no public space to discuss the mods, how would we ever resolve the topic? Surely not by contacting the suspicious mods? That's exactly why I chose to express my opinions here, on the official SEGA "moderated" forums.....which will unfortunately be shut down soon. I assumed that in this case, the official forums would fall outside your jurisdiction for bans related to "public discussion of moderation in Fleet Discord" should I ever find the need to return for more data sheets regarding upcoming game updates. You'll have to forgive me for not wanting to disclose any more personal information about who I am on any other platform, though. I believe I've already mentioned why I'd make that decision. It's a relief to hear that you don't ban people for talking about moderation actions in Fleet publicly, at least. The wording on that rule wasn't very explicit.

I don't think I can give you any more information without directly referencing names of mods from your server publicly here, which is again not a good way to go about things. Maybe I'll take you up on thet offer of forum PMs now that you're more than likely predisposed towards acting professionally even in private conversations given all the discussion we've already had here. One benefit out of all this public discussion, perhaps?

I wouldn't say I'm "trying to find out who you are on other places based on your PSO2 forum username" as much as someone simply pointed out to me that there is a Lanre in our server. That's all. I'm not sure I would call that investigative. 😛

If I see something in a community from a moderator or admin that I don't think is cool, I would message them directly and say so. Otherwise, nothing will change if they are not made aware of it. However, I understand some people don't want to do that or don't feel safe doing that, which is unfortunate but understandable.

Sure - Feel free to drop me a Forum PM (those are still a thing here, right?) and I'll respond as I always do - with kindness and professionalism 👍

@Aida-Enna Ah, sure. A friend of your whose findings just happened to be the first thing you mention in relevance to me, then. I mean, put yourself in my shoes. Surely you'd feel a little suspicious, given all the comments about you here in this thread alone. But well, glad to hear that's not the case!

I'd say my particular problem with your moderation team isn't with one person, it's the general culture of low standards and neglect. Things one moderator do that aren't professional nor polite which are mostly ignored by other moderators, including yourself. Again, I'd need to mention names to go into details.

I'll probably just do that in a forum PM sometime. It would be great, yes, if all the comments here are wrong and you're every bit as kind and professional as you profess to be out in the open as you are in private even when you haven't been just recently called out for it. That'll be one less problem for us to worry about with regards to Fleet Discord.

I mean, that first entry comment of yours in this thread was pretty nice and neat. If all interaction with you played out like that (mostly, could always leave out the part I found investigative) I'm sure you'd get a lot less complaints.

@Aida-Enna Ah, sure. A friend of your whose findings just happened to be the first thing you mention in relevance to me, then. I mean, put yourself in my shoes. Surely you'd feel a little suspicious, given all the comments about you here in this thread alone. But well, glad to hear that's not the case!

I'd say my particular problem with your moderation team isn't with one person, it's the general culture of low standards and neglect. Things one moderator do that aren't professional nor polite which are mostly ignored by other moderators, including yourself. Again, I'd need to mention names to go into details.

I'll probably just do that in a forum PM sometime. It would be great, yes, if all the comments here are wrong and you're every bit as kind and professional as you profess to be out in the open as you are in private even when you haven't been just recently called out for it. That'll be one less problem for us to worry about with regards to Fleet Discord.

I mean, that first entry comment of yours in this thread was pretty nice and neat. If all interaction with you played out like that (mostly, could always leave out the part I found investigative) I'm sure you'd get a lot less complaints.

You're really blowing this "some random mentioned there's a person in Fleet named Lanre after trying to mention them" out of proportion, lol.

As for your second paragraph, that's very much not the case at all - But I thought we agreed that this was going to continue in a PM?

And awesome, I look forward to proving you right about me being kind and professional. I'll be checking my inbox, email notifications are on. 👍