Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol

Ok, so we talked about the Fleet discord, what do you all think of the actual official discord?

@TheLamp5 said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

Calm it down you two this isn't a internet blood sports stream.

TBH, he was already lighting his torch before I got here.

@n_n said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

@NIC

Keep projecting, pal.

You could always tag them if you wanted a second opinion, I know you like to do that kind of thing 🙂

@TheLamp5 said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

@NIC @Anarchy-Marine e21129c9-d835-4901-9d5c-d92416ef00f2-image.png Calm it down you two this isn't a internet blood sports stream.

I already blocked them, so I don't know why you are saying you two. If they are still freaking out, well thats their obsessive issue.

Also the 180 seconds things is doing wonders on me replying, by does not seem to be hindering the bots that keep hitting the forums at this time of the night.

@BannedCheeseCake said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

@Velveteer said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

Ok, so we talked about the Fleet discord, what do you all think of the actual official discord?

Not to diss but...

Looks like they weren't even trying

It's honestly just a weaker fleet discord. It has a bunch of the same faces, and way less people.

@Anarchy-Marine @NIC It's becuase you guys are going at it like rabid dogs, doesn't help with that CheeseCake was the one to light Marine's torch.

@Lanre said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

And yes, that's another problem with Discord mods. It's not an actual job? They're just normal people like us. No extra training, no actual job requirements. Most Discord mod teams are just friend cliques and echo chambers. I'd say there's 1 to maybe 3 in the current Fleet Discord staff that's actually super good and carrying everyone else. The others, though....big yikes.

This. Fleet is fan-made, so the way users are treated is rougher and unprofessional by default. if the offical Discord was like this, you get the picture.

While joining a fanmade discord might have been in good intent to bridge communities and doing extended CM work beyond the limit of twitter, it is never a good idea doing this. IF the people don't know you are actually authentic, you have to expect people believing you are just an impostor/troll/wannabe. You have to stay off fan-made platforms in the role of a CM, but as a private person no problem. This is where the cat bites its tail, if you get mistreated by one specific person, you can't suddenly pull the "I am an official and will ban you"-Card. On the other end, don't write stuff you wouldn't as in the role of a CM either, as it can be easily traced back to you - and the company you work for.

For comparisation: Try to post game updates for game XYZ as a official CM of company ABC on 4chan and wait for the responses...

You have nothing on me, NIC, except for a single instance where I @'d one guy in a silly spam post. Here you have continually stalked and harassed this dude (Anarchy) in threads and derailed them with long winded arguments because you're butthurt that he doesn't hold the same non-PSO2 opinion as you. Get a grip and take your meds LMFAO

@NIC said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

Not to diss but...

Looks like they weren't even trying

It's honestly just a weaker fleet discord. It has a bunch of the same faces, and way less people.

Yeah I agree, I don't like the general vibe of it all.

@BannedCheeseCake precisely, please and thank you. Most of the Fleet mods are just Aida's cronies. A select few are carrying everything on their backs. So long as people get this message, I'm happy to leave the topic be seeing as Fleet DOES provice useful information that are in no way contributed by the problematic Fleet mods, they're player-made resources that just happens to be posted in Fleet (just like Rappy Burst is posted on Twitter).

@NoSpax Well-moderated fan-made discords do exist. There is no excuse for Aida's behavior, it's outright tyranny and cronyism. But yes, they've never had the training or been checked for qualifications. It's not unexpected that they don't know how to do their jobs or don't want to do it properly.

And yeah, official NGS discord is kind of just useless. I don't know how bad the moderation there is because I've never found a reason to stay IN the official NGS discord. There's nothing of use in there.

@n_n said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

You have nothing on me, NIC, except for a single instance where I @'d one guy in a silly spam post. Here you have continually stalked and harassed this dude (Anarchy) in threads and derailed them because you're butthurt that he doesn't hold the same non-PSO2 opinion as you. Get a grip and take your meds LMFAO

Ahh yes, I'm a stalker for checks notes posting on the forums.

@Lanre said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

@BannedCheeseCake precisely, please and thank you. Most of the Fleet mods are just Aida's cronies. A select few are carrying everything on their backs. So long as people get this message, I'm happy to leave the topic be seeing as Fleet DOES provice useful information that are in no way contributed by the problematic Fleet mods, they're player-made resources that just happens to be posted in Fleet (just like Rappy Burst is posted on Twitter).

Which mods are the issue?

I'm not in there now, but I haven't run into any issues with the mods there.

Moderation can be a bit overzealous at times, in stark contrast to Fleet Discord, (which can feel almost non existent) which can be both a bad thing and a good thing, depending upon circumstances. Those circumstances are also ironically based on each circumstance, where certain context based arguments hit a point where a person skirts the line of going beyond debate, and going into a full blown argument. That said, debate is almost impossible on any Discord, which I believe results in most users frustrations, which can also lead to arguments.

It's otherwise pretty quiet. People still talk about their game related displeasures with ease, unless you say something that catches the ire of GM's there, which typically results in a mute, and all of the posts in Discord, that sparked the mute, being erased. Something I have mixed feelings on.

On the one hand, trolls that have the intent of sparking arguments get silenced, on the other hand, people with the intent to bring up real issues, can also be silenced just as fast. And given that the GM's know that anyone could screenshot the latter, they tend not to do so, and have to walk the fine line between moderation, and total control over ones speech. It's not as totalitarian as most would claim, but the forums are admittedly a lot more open with what you can post, or say.

That's usually due to this being an official server, and Discord having its own set of ToS based rules. For instance, character posts, featuring a bikini work fine on here, and whereas on the Discord, sharing your character in clothing found in the game, can trip up the bots there. That's just character based posts though, that doesn't cover topics of debate/conversation, or things like that. Fleet doesn't have an issue with the aforementioned character posts, so long as you mark it as a spoiler. Again, kind of odd, considering the games content, and content rating, but what can you do.

That said, the overall mood of the official one can feel a bit too sterile at times.

@NIC said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

Which mods are the issue?

I'm not in there now, but I haven't run into any issues with the mods there.

You won't get into problems with them personally unless you're bringing up your personal issues with them to public channel (if you ever have one against them). And I'd say "most of them" for various reasons that I could not name everything. Instead of remembering that, I'd rather remember the ones that's actually being super helpful to others and doing their job properly.

from the sounds of it, those most of mods on that server are Completely Useless unless they get enraged , but....at least they're not like the mods that DE has?

Someone of DE once banned someone with the words "Grow up" for 30 years. Guess what happened next.

@NoSpax let me guess the warframe community reee'd so hard again.

@BannedCheeseCake @NIC
Yeah, I don't want to stoop down to their levels and start calling out names in public. I didn't even want to mention "Aida" in the first place, which is why I kept saying "server owner".

Also, if you ever bring up personal reports on the mods/conversations with the mods publicly, it's grounds for a ban. Like I've mentioned prior, the problematic mods don't contribute to anything that we use regularly from Fleet Discord e.g. UQ announcer, class resources, phasion screenshots. They only poke their heads in to push their private opinions around sporadically so you'd have to go through their post history to see for yourself. Not worth the trouble unless you have a lot of spare time and are actually very curious.

I have a bunch of screenshots that I'd rather not share because I'm pretty certain they'd just use that as a method to doxx and ban your account for "breaking Discord rules" with respect to not sharing private mod interaction or even sharing public mod actions in Fleet with people outside of Fleet. The way things are, so long as Aida stays in power there is no safe space for anyone except her cronies in Fleet discord. And with the game declining as rapidly as it is, I'd expect NGS itself to die out way before Fleet moderation ever improves.