Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol

Rest in peace Rappy Burst. Even they don't want to support this game anymore. lol

8c1d9e09-c664-4a82-a06e-523fc585dbef-image.png

it is indeed a sad day. and with the forum also going away, i guess i'm bound to use Discord, to post something that will get flooded by a million other comments or reddit, which is not even official. this is not the way.

They offered a way more professional approach to Social Media posts, and I personally am very sad to see them go, it really is upsetting but completely understandable with the state of New Genesis as a product.

There's hope in the future that they'll return when New Genesis becomes a game worthwhile posting updates for.

Until then we can hope and continue supporting the game and providing feedback to SEGA's teams.

Unfortunately the Rappy has Bursted. Not a good sign when a fan site decides they dont want to have part of what they are seeing anymore.

I liked their no nonsense twitter posts.

My alpha reactors... My daily 49k meseta.... Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Now f2p will have a harder time. Unless someone else takes up the mantle.

No more easy Alpha Reactors? I can hear the sounds of F2P players uninstalling from here.

Wow. I collected Alpha Reactors every day. It was one of the main reasons I even logged on anymore. I bet for many others it was too. This will alter the numbers of people who login even further.

I wonder what else should happen so Sega finally realize that they doing something (everything, as WE ARE know in fact) wrong?

Seems like at the rate major parts of the PSO2/NGS community is falling, there won't be much left to find the information we could use in-game.

Rappy Burst was a good way to preview scratch items that Sega forgot to list, and it had links to other useful sites.

Lets hope the people running the interactive maps don't drop off, since those are an extremely valuable resource.

@FollowTheFaceless that probably won't happen since the community manager has been hating on Rappy Burst and is now trying to defame them with baseless accusations. So this Major part of community, loved by both GL and JP players, won't reach anyone in charge unless devs themselves hear about it on their own accord.

@Cathy said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

@FollowTheFaceless that probably won't happen since the community manager has been hating on Rappy Burst and is now trying to defame them with baseless accusations. So this Major part of community, loved by both GL and JP players, won't reach anyone in charge unless devs themselves hear about it on their own accord.

Do you have more context on this? Genuinely curious.

I personally preferred all the posts by Rappy Burst as they offered a much more professional, and appropriate way of handling PSO2 news updates, whereas the official Twitter was and still is just rather childish, focuses entirely on memes, makes a point of expressing their own opinion instead of staying neutral, constantly posts on their main account to further show folks they're the one in charge of it and I am not interested in seeing them advertise their character every other post, it feels like shameless narcissism.

This is an opinion, hope I don't get banned for an opinion, a friend of mine recently had to wait a month to get unblocked from the Twitter for voicing their opinion, it's disgraceful.

@JoycieC ill send you the copy pasta over DM because i know it'll get deleted if i post it here.

@JoycieC Yeah there are definitely much better ways to interact with people than how they do. Like making big announcements in a professional way, and trying to make the experience as positive as possible with their community, instead of ignoring every complaint, no matter how polite it is, just because the person running the Twitter can't personally fix those issues.

SEGA also could have set up more things people could do with the NGS team in-game for rewards. And more things like when in the Beta for NGS the Bujin were controlled by GMs. Things like that would at least change up the gameplay and give people things to do.

They could also have a few GM controlled characters that go in town and offer people rewards if they do certain tasks like kill X amount of these enemies within a few minutes along with a group of people in this map (not just on the field like give the GMs tools to spawn some platforms and enemies to do mini events in a cocoon map that only has an entrance and exit platform normally that are too far apart to reach without more being spawned).

@Cathy said in Even Rappy Burst is abandoning PSO2 NGS. lol:

@JoycieC ill send you the copy pasta over DM because i know it'll get deleted if i post it here.

I want some popcorn cookies too, share some this way