A veteran MMO players Wishlist

Before you read this and return but this is PSO2, or that is not how it is done, understand I have been gaming since 1977. I have played major mmo's from tons of different developers. Space, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Roleplaying, big names and sma.

1.Either a warning about how ships are completely seperate worlds and effect your account and character creation or the ability to move your character to a favorite ship should you discover that your friends all created theirs on a different ship. I would even be willing to pay a premium to have the ability to switch ships with my character/characters. Or to have all items that are supposedly account bound be actually account bound and that account storage be shared between all characters no matter the ship.

2.A warning before creation of any character of the limit to creation count before cost kicks in, and then in that cost discussion a clarification that EVERY character after 3 is a 5 dollar fee, also on the flip side of that that if you wish to delete a character that you can have that character spot back once the 24hr limit is up.

1. When it comes to alliance controls, the ability to see last log on for all members, with the 99 person limit it would be nice to be able to cull some of the inactive or dead accounts form an alliance roster. With that the ability to see contribution points to alliance goals. Many other mmo's have this info available to all or at least to the officers.

4.When it comes to chat and to symbol art, the ability to report offensive content not just block said user or symbol art. as a simple walk around allows said symbol art to propagate simply by being saved in a new slot, and doesn't eliminate all instances of that art on everyones account so you are still forced to see offensive content over and over again.After all this happens in several places, marketplace, player profiles, area blast during concerts and emergency quests set-up. And even then it is not easy to block it and your only really block the one image

5.a better explaination of several of the tutorials, like pets being only able to be summoned by a summoner, how what you feed your mag truely matters toward your build and their abilities

1. Lastly a market correction to have a base price dependant on star value. that way the minimum price of rarer items could not be artificially leveled at the lazy price of 1000 meseta, with that techniques and photon arts should have rarity levels reflection both average drop rate and their level 1 to 10.

Many of these features are in several other MMO's some even years to decades older than this one.

To add on to point 1, players who selected "Get Started" were automatically placed on a ship. Before the CBT crashed, it was Ship 1, after it crashed it was Ship 2.

I was hoping they would allow a free transfer (since it was no fault of the player) but it wouldn't be worth it at this stage (for me at least).

I have a level 50 on ship one, and though I am now higher than that on ship 2, I would still like access to that character and their accumulated goods and equipment. Mats, upgrade items, salon passes, mission passes etc etc.

For the Symbol Art thing, from what the Online Manual suggests, blocking it also reports it and the player who used it, but who knows how many people they actually currently have dealing with reports with the current state of things.

Well the outsourceing of the social, forum, and na matenience means these will not likely make it to those that might help.

number 5 related to pets will likely eventually be null and void since there is a harmonizer on the JP side called Rose Skewer that is an all class harmonizer.

I've skimmed this (will read it more later) but I can certainly agree with a warning before choosing ships. Too many times do I notice a person wants to play or join a new alliance but can't join because they are on a different ship then myself.

FFXIV has an extra dialogue message when you first attempt to create a character stating "You will be placed in X world. Continue?" Or similar, if you press cancel, the game will allow you to select a server/world manually as per normal (before the preferred world system was added.) It would be nice if a second confirmation dialogue would appear like that when pressing "Get Started" and that if you press No, the game will autoatically move to the dialogue that lets you choose a ship for the character.

That said, PSO2JP doesn't do this, it requires you to pick a ship FIRST before creating a character. Even if you don't have any characters at all.

@TheEnigmaShew said in A veteran MMO players Wishlist:

Either a warning about how ships are completely seperate worlds and effect your account and character creation

That's how it is for a lot of mmos though. It's just the server list. It would be nice however.

the ability to move your character to a favorite ship.

It's just not in NA yet.

A warning before creation of any character of the limit to creation count before cost kicks in, and then in that cost discussion a clarification that EVERY character after 3 is a 5 dollar fee,

But they do say that? in JP it does

also on the flip side of that that if you wish to delete a character that you can have that character spot back once the 24hr limit is up.

Also something that practically every mmo does. You also don't keep the character "slot" if you have more than 3 characters.

the ability to see contribution points to alliance goals. Many other mmo's have this info available to all or at least to the officers.

Would be nice I suppose... if this game had any reason to be hardcore.

1. Lastly a market correction to have a base price dependant on star value. that way the minimum price of rarer items could not be artificially leveled at the lazy price of 1000 meseta, with that techniques and photon arts should have rarity levels reflection both average drop rate and their level 1 to 10.

No. I prefer the free market.

Many of these features are in several other MMO's some even years to decades older than this one.

What mmos do you play?

You want them in chronological order or alphabetical? 😉 how about i just do the last 5 years World of Warcraft Classic, Tera, Trove, Defiance 2050, Skyforge, Elder Scrolls Online, Neverwinter Online, DC Universe Online, Eve online, Star Trek online , Path of Exile, Black Desert, Onigiri, Warframe, Dust, Guild wars 2, Rift... Does Destiny count? not sure it as a looter shooter really counts.

Either or. Doesn't matter. I would count Destiny.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, MapleStory allows you to buy actual character slots and slots can be earned via ingame events, usually as rewards for continually logging in or defeating 200 monsters a day or something on a per-server basis,

I also want to add though that the default number of characters is larger (I think around ten?) and on a per-server basis. Also there is a maximum per server but I don't know what it is, I managed to get 20 slots on Scania so far.