Why Not Create Our own Forum ?

It's a wild idea, - But why not?

And they'll be as active as PSO-World

So basically Arks Fleet.

@BannedCheeseCake Nobody wants to be forced to Discord, we want forums.

I copied this from another thread in what is left of these forums: https://kotaku.com/please-stop-closing-forums-and-moving-people-to-discord-1847684851

If someone creates one, I'd love to be a moderator. I need to get back into practice staying impartial during different scenarios/conversations, and keeping my personal bias out of the equation. Also, Im good at nuking bot accounts from orbit, lol.

This article you quoted is just perfect for me, it's very much what I think about this matter. I'm not against creating a new forum, but who's going to moderate it and take responsibility for all other issues? Not easy...

honestly it'd be easier to just revive PSO-World at this point but that website is in dire need of an update. They have no decent Mobile version for their forum client and everything feels old.

I think reviving PSO-World should be the move if so. I like that place. I'll probably not be playing NGS but if I do again, I'll just post there.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Why Not Create Our own Forum ?:

If someone creates one, I'd love to be a moderator. I need to get back into practice staying impartial during different scenarios/conversations, and keeping my personal bias out of the equation. Also, Im good at nuking bot accounts from orbit, lol.

Moderation was my dream job at one point, but not for a few years.

It's difficult to be impartial when I've learned from mods on other sites who are real sticklers for the rules.

Oh, and before anyone gets any ideas... OP wasn't banned for this thread. OP and I have discussed the issue many times.

OP sent in a ticket, but I'm not seeing any plans to come back.

Someone, I don't remember who on the official Discord said that not everyone fits every forum.

Sometimes not having a filter isn't the greatest thing in my experience.

My filter was more or less forced to become "normal" in society.

I hate to ask but is it really worth it at this point?

@XenoBladeX37645 That's a good question.

Discord and Reddit have so many filter options for the mods compared to here.

My own thread had to be nuked because it was a troll honeypot.

As my Alliance member said, it's like you can't discuss things anymore.

@MasterDarkwingz I saw that thread for only a short time since the trolls basically destroyed it, I even saw your mention about having a form of Autism, I wonder what part since I myself also have a form of it (Asperger's Syndrome).

Now getting back to the main topic, I still think forums have a place in gaming communities that Discord and Reddit can't replace even though its old technology.

Discord is good for smaller groups and real time conversations, but not good for archiving things, and like I mentioned before Reddit is a clunky mess that is a pain to use that is not organized well.

Forums tend to be better organized, you can more readily look up past information, and you can check them every so often and not get left out of a conversation.

@LazerRay The thing for me regarding forums is that I feel that unlike Reddit and Discord you tend to have a better sense of pacing and organization in a discussion. Discord works like a "real" conversation where if you're too late with your messages or don't correctly read the room you might be interrupting something (such as people already having a discussion in the questions channel if you wanted to ask and didn't want to intrude). When you get huge servers that are just so busy I tend to feel anxious about participating and lurk but I would simply rather not be there because I feel it's very difficult to actually hold a conversation or to not feel like you're just "another" user on that server.

When it comes to places like Reddit, I feel that there is enough social media-related engineering that the engagement really likes to push towards "join us and learn to follow what the room thinks" because deviating or doing something abnormal (such as my tendency to write a lot) gets frowned upon. I really don't like the karma system pushing the sort of "I like/I dislike" mentality where you can really see who gets shunned or who gets praised.

I don't mean this to be such a big bias towards forums, but I legitimately do believe that the sorts of discussions you can have on a forum are more well-thought out (or at least easier to be interpreted without too many "read the room cues") and it is easier in general to keep track of where and how a conversation started and is flowing. I can't imagine, however, a forum doing this well with the number of users you would expect on Discord or Reddit but I do feel the sense of community in a forum is something irreplaceable.

Discussions do not tend to be lost as easily as they do in Discord. You can find each individual message here easier, anyways. Moderation isn't a problem in the slightest, unless you just never had an interest in keeping the forums up to begin with.