And this is exactly why they need a PC stress test...

f7e70071458179d0dbbfa0811a16ab93.png 9a09309ac59029e27e894c287c098b0e.png

Breaking News: An Internet website was down for 15 seconds. More on this unprecedented situation at 11.

@Mattwo7 Also did that at the beginning of February for a couple seconds.

Likely due to the social media platforms linking to the website and the fact that everyone is just staring at social media all day.

@John-Paul-RAGE How would something on entirely different servers be affecting the site's servers?

At this point the only thing a stress test would do is lower the overall stress of the population

@ThisTuesday Well, I can't argue that it wouldn't do that lol!

@John-Paul-RAGE said in And this is exactly why they need a PC stress test...:

@Mattwo7

linking to the website

Cause.... that's what links do... link things together.

Forum being down for mere minutes = servers game is being hosted on need stress testing? Ok zoomer.

@Mattwo7

linking to the website

Cause.... that's what links do... link things together.

source.png

https://pso2.com/news/server-info/maintenance0331

click that link for me and tell me where it redirects you.

After you have done that, I will need a 1200 word essay (in APA) about what happens "under the surface" after clicking on a link.

@John-Paul-RAGE There's no redirect in that url, it takes me exactly to the page linked.... Either your grammar needs work or you're showing you don't know what you're talking about frankly. Possibly both.

@Mattwo7 if you clicked on that link in a social media post, that was either a banner or bitly version of the link, (depending on your settings) you would be redirected from the social media website or a secondary tab would open taking you to the "linked" website.

Meaning if that was posted across 3 different social media platforms and people all clicked them as soon as the post appeared, that the traffic on those platforms would be redirected to that page located on this server, thus causing a sudden influx of traffic

If that doesn't explain how a completely different website can impact this server's performance, well.. everyone has a job for them.

You know, I been noticing sites going down alot, even just temporarily...even Steam a game launcher has been too.

Hmm.....

@John-Paul-RAGE Ah, so it's a grammar issue then.

@Mattwo7 yes, clearly stating that social media platforms linking to the website is an atrocious grammar issue on my behalf.

Has nothing to do with your inclination to think everyone is inferior to yourself.

@Alexandrious947 yeah, I have noticed a lot more temporary service outages everywhere, even with my cellular internet. Service providers are being challenged big time during all this.