Creating a true economy of trade, and services, in place of what we have now.

So I will get straight to the point. With the way the economy is now, there is none. It's just straight up Meseta being created, and funneled into the hands of the wealthiest 1%, where the poor just keep printing more currency. This system isn't sustainable as it stands. Shop passes were removed from FUN scratch rewards, well before the launch of NGS, leaving most that aren't interested in premium as it is now, with zero ways to trade. But even if they could trade, most players don't have anything of value that someone would want.

So my idea is for at some point, a crafting system, (starting with weapons and armor) comparable to other games, (that could still require enemy drops, such as components) and better than what we had in Base game, would benefit the community, by giving players professions, that would allow them to market skills, and trades, to sell to the wealthiest of players, thus creating a continuous flow of money, to pull down market inflation. The trade off would be, that shortly after such a system was implemented, the amount of money flowing in from weekly challenges, would need to be reduced by either a quarter, or by half.

(Edit: components could also come from current mineral material resourse nodes as well, but rare components could only come from enemies, and can't be traded between players. Only the finished product can)

Furthermore, this idea of such a system, could be expanded upon to create and facilitate a very intricate system of trade, that deals in goods and services,(say furniture crafting for possible future personal quarters, as a hypothetical) so that there is a Meseta sink, that doesn't take currency out of the economy, but shifts it around over time, the way real world economic systems work.

As of right now, all we have is a system where players scratch for cosmetics, put them up for sale, where scalpers feel the only way they could make a profit, is by buying and reselling said items, at prices that nobody can ever afford. By giving players a true system of trade, most scalpers ( not all) would cease doing so, as they'd have a more guaranteed system to obtain wealth, in a more honest fashion, resulting in lower prices in market over time, and an easier method for all players to obtain the items they want, which in turn would give players more of a reason to scratch, because they have a higher chance of selling the items they got from the scratches that they don't want, and an easier time with getting the items they do want. (Minus the scratch rewards bonus as they currently are, as this current setup just won't work for the longevity of this game in general) For this idea to work though, shop passes need to be earnable through some means in game.

This post is open to constructive critiques, and posts that are created to be inflammatory, and not offer clear and concise sharing of opinions, will result in me requesting a thread lock. So if you have ideas that could enhance the core idea, please share.

If this was a thing all those items could never be tradable or it would inflate the market even further the stuff to make the items I mean

@Drakaina said in Creating a true economy of trade, and services, in place of what we have now.:

If this was a thing all those items could never be tradable or it would inflate the market even further the stuff to make the items I mean

Well, that was the idea. You'd have only the options to farm material nodes, and enemies, there would be no trading of components, only the finished product. I'll edit that in tomorrow when I'm more awake.

@Anarchy-Marine

@Anarchy-Marine said in Creating a true economy of trade, and services, in place of what we have now.:

So I will get straight to the point. With the way the economy is now, there is none. It's just straight up Meseta being created, and funneled into the hands of the wealthiest 1%, where the poor just keep printing more currency. This system isn't sustainable as it stands. Shop passes were removed from FUN scratch rewards, well before the launch of NGS, leaving most that aren't interested in premium as it is now, with zero ways to trade. But even if they could trade, most players don't have anything of value that someone would want.

So my idea is for at some point, a crafting system, (starting with weapons and armor) comparable to other games, (that could still require enemy drops, such as components) and better than what we had in Base game, would benefit the community, by giving players professions, that would allow them to market skills, and trades, to sell to the wealthiest of players, thus creating a continuous flow of money, to pull down market inflation. The trade off would be, that shortly after such a system was implemented, the amount of money flowing in from weekly challenges, would need to be reduced by either a quarter, or by half.

Furthermore, this idea of such a system, could be expanded upon to create and facilitate a very intricate system of trade, that deals in goods and services,(say furniture crafting for possible future personal quarters, as a hypothetical) so that there is a Meseta sink, that doesn't take currency out of the economy, but shifts it around over time, the way real world economic systems work.

As of right now, all we have is a system where players scratch for cosmetics, put them up for sale, where scalpers feel the only way they could make a profit, is by buying and reselling said items, at prices that nobody can ever afford. By giving players a true system of trade, most scalpers ( not all) would cease doing so, as they'd have a more guaranteed system to obtain wealth, in a more honest fashion, resulting in lower prices in market over time, and an easier method for all players to obtain the items they want, which in turn would give players more of a reason to scratch, because they have a higher chance of selling the items they got from the scratches that they don't want, and an easier time with getting the items they do want. (Minus the scratch rewards bonus as they currently are, as this current setup just won't work for the longevity of this game in general) For this idea to work though, shop passes need to be earnable through some means in game.

This post is open to constructive critiques, and posts that are created to be inflammatory, and not offer clear and concise sharing of opinions, will result in me requesting a thread lock. So if you have ideas that could enhance the core idea, please share.

I am not 100% sure this would work .

As of now the in game economy allows free to play players to earn about 750 k from weeklies every week , not counting reactors which would provide an additional 300 k per week ( but spotting them all every single day is such a pain I wouldn't even consider this method to be viable so let's stop at those 750 k for now ) ; paying players as well as scalpers' limit seems instead to be their credit card's capacity , with hairstyles being listed for 2-4 m each , emotes and idle poses / animations of any kind also going for 2-4 m each , setwear going for 1-2 m each , accessories going for some hundreds of k / 4+ m each depending on how popular they are . Now though , not only can paying players earn so much more than free to play ones to completely eclipse months worth of farming weeklies within a single credit card swipe but this issue has been going on weekly scratch after weekly scratch for about 4-5 months by now , which creates an abyss between the capital accumulated by paying customers and the one possessed by f2p customers . This discrepancy in capital can not be solved simply by implementing a crafting system and by opening the market to everyone . Scalpers would keep on scalping , except they can now also craft for money which raises their possibilities of earning....paying players would also start crafting....and so would f2p ones . As a result the market would soon be filled with crafted items , which would start getting sold for cheaper and cheaper prices until they aren't worth anything anymore ( same as for affixes / weapons ) , inflation in the meanwhile would rise , thus re-creating the same issue as before within a short amount of time .

Now then , if opening the market to everyone won't solve the issue , if implementing a new way to get money would only serve to make inflation rise , if introducing crafting or a new farmable item would only risk to work as a bandaid soultion for a short while until the new items prices plummet due to excess of supply compared to demand....how would you go about flattening the differences between the rich and the poor players to make the economy feel more balanced ? They'd either need to make people craft something which would not be easy to make and for which there'd always be demand in spite of supply...or they should put a relatively low cap on the max price of whatever cosmetic item gets put in the shop cause otherwise the economy will never grow out of it .

One thing is certain , as of now it feels impossible for a f2p player to earn any substantial amount of money they can use to manage their gear's upgrades while also being able to get some cosmetics . They simply can't . It's either or and the choice is often an illusion cause everything costs way too much anyway , they can't farm for money at all cause weeklies are the hard limit and they can't list items on the private shop without paying real cash...and even if they could every affix / weapon's price has now plummeted so much after so many months without content that they simply wouldn't manage to earn much anyway .

@Elyann Most scalpers I've spoken to, only do so, so they can afford the items they want. Again, I say most, not all. It won't end the issue entirely, but if players had more methods to move currency around between each other, that free players could take advantage of you'd see less of what's happening right now, which is a consolidation of wealth in 1% of the games population. Yes, those 1% could potentially partake in creation and sales of product, but there would be competition for market prices. Items crafted would be need to locked into a one time sale only, so that they couldn't be resold by anyone still scalping. That doesn't solve all the issues you brought up however.

If you see a problem or flaw in an idea don't only present the problems or the flaw, provide a workable solution to said problems. I embrace solutions for problems, when combined with the flaws, more than I do someone only telling me why it won't simply work, or is a band-aid to the overall issue. The issue if left unchecked will be worse either direction, so a proverbial band-aid solution is better than no solution at all. That's why I said constructive critiques are welcome, to improve the overall idea. And if your only here to put the general idea down, instead of working to fix the flaws you see, and help make it better, I'd rather you not post at all, so that someone else, that sees the same flaws, and has an idea on how to fix them, can present said solution.