So are NGS forums just not happening anymore?

@Zeke That doesn't mean that getting rid of them is right. Discord is garbage for discussions and the official one is a shitshow. Reddit has also a plethora of issues and the more popular one, to my knowledge, isn't even moderated by the official community team. Again, WoW, FFXIV even Destiny still have forums despite Reddit being more popular. You can have both if you care.

@Cathy said in So are NGS forums just not happening anymore?:

@Zeke That doesn't mean that getting rid of them is right. Discord is garbage for discussions and the official one is a shitshow. Reddit has also a plethora of issues and the more popular one, to my knowledge, isn't even moderated by the official community team. Again, WoW, FFXIV even Destiny still have forums despite Reddit being more popular. You can have both if you care.

They don't care. That's the problem.

@Miraglyth said in So are NGS forums just not happening anymore?:

[...] or if the intention is to keep it visible for 6-12 months and then delete it.

Probably that, although I doubt they got a timeline for that yet. But it's kinda inevitable, once it's no longer in active use it'll eventually be seen as dead wood to be cut away.

Personally, I'll see it as a good opportunity to stop procrastinating reading this forum and instead do something more productive. I like Discord for its voice chat quality, but I only intend to engage in that with people I already know well and only on special occasions (like raids). I never got much use out of it otherwise, it usually devolves into idle chatter and memery, which is fine for something like a private guild discord meant for socializing, but I can't see it as a replacement for a discussion board.

Similarly, I like reddit for sharing short video clips, screenshots, fanart and witty one-liners, but especially when a discussion goes back and forth, it just quickly vanishes in the comments as it shifts ever further to the right and leaves long trails of empty space behind. Moreover, I regularly experience issues with copy&paste.

So... yeah.

Wait. I didn't read the announcement.

Why?!

Then which purpose does it even offer having a website? Because they could just do their patch release announcements in Discord with other games.

https://kotaku.com/please-stop-closing-forums-and-moving-people-to-discord-1847684851

Just this. Incredibly disappointed by this choice.

While we wait for NGS forums, there is this thread created for NGS stuff, I don't think everyone knows it exists, so please check it out as well:

aff1e4bd-501e-41cf-8e87-ae99be48e5e2-image.png

@Aumires exactly. Going to a official website for news is such a outdated system. Most people just read of it on social media or tl;dr versions on discord and fanpages so by their logic own whats the point?

@LazerRay said in So are NGS forums just not happening anymore?:

Like I said the Steam discussions are only for those on the Steam version of PSO2/NGS, cutting off the XBox, Microsoft, and Epic Games versions.

Nothing is stopping you discussing those versions of the game on Steam forums.

They are all the same anyway, so what differences would there be that could be discussed?

@HermitST said in So are NGS forums just not happening anymore?:

Like I said the Steam discussions are only for those on the Steam version of PSO2/NGS, cutting off the XBox, Microsoft, and Epic Games versions.

They are all the same anyway, so what differences would there be that could be discussed?

Steam forums are full of trolls and its been a haven for such for years now. You won't get a decent discussion going there.

@Zeke said in So are NGS forums just not happening anymore?:

@HermitST said in So are NGS forums just not happening anymore?:

Steam forums are full of trolls and its been a haven for such for years now. You won't get a decent discussion going there.

I'm looking for the difference between here and there.

Insert The Office picture meme here.

I don't believe any communication medium stops any toxicity that exists among its participants. It's not the fault of the medium that such toxicity exists.

@HermitST I believe any talk of censorship on the Steam forums is quickly closed while the censorship thread in the suggestion forums is still kicking around. Also, I the steam forums aren't really an avenue for feedback.

I guess we wont see any in depth discussion outside of reddit then.

No idea. I could have put together forums on par with these ones in less than a week myself. No clue WTF they are doing. lol

if the intention is to keep it visible for 6-12 months and then delete it.

That just gave me an idea. We should probably screen shot certain threads we consider important in case of that happening.

@Ranmaru said in So are NGS forums just not happening anymore?:

if the intention is to keep it visible for 6-12 months and then delete it.

That just gave me an idea. We should probably screen shot certain threads we consider important in case of that happening.

Wondering if I should post those 4 memes I made about the 4chan banwave, then. (Re-posting 3)

It's not stuff that will be remembered in a year from now anyways.