Hi, my name is Mi, I've played PSO2 since 2013, this game got a huge place in my heart and nothing can replace it but the current state of NGS make me feel blurry about the future of this game. Combat gameplay is top notch, I can't deny that but the exploration and story part is a huge problem. The game world is a huge empty space, everything you can do in the field is just killing some enemy and collecting some material, it's not how and open worl- open field game should be. Now, here's my suggestion to fix that:
- The costume design is awesome, the character who wear them in the trailer has a fairly good design too. Every single one of them gave me the feel that they has a story behind them. So, why not putting them in the field and gave them some side quest like fighting along with them in ther field or collect something for them, make them explain who are they and the reason for them to fight? The support NPC system is still there, the quest system is still there, the quest system is still there so... why not?
- Those NPC can wear the newest costume from the scratch or even using the newest Lobby Action and Motion from the same scratch. They're so good, why would you hide it behind the paywall?
With this suggestion, we can somehow fix 3 main issue with the game right now:
- 1- Fill in the empty world with some NPC that can fight and create some motivation for player to explore the field.
- 2- Add some depth into the world building and lore around the main story.
- 3- A great marketing tool to introduce to player the new scratch and how it look like in action!
I gotta admit, I got this idea from watching how Genshin Impact marketing their new product. Look how good they are in introducing their new character and make player want to buy them. Just look at the character called Xinyan in Genshin, you don't know who she is? Yes, because she has no story about her, she's just a 4* character how are in the same banner with Zhongli and that's all. Look at how forgetful she is and I think that's the current state of NGS. I hope my words can reach someone in SEGA HQ or atleast the Developer of NGS. I want my beloved game alive and growing strong, not like this, not a fancy looking zombie with an empty soul. Please, SEGA, please.