It's not a revelation that ERP is banned. It is on FFXIV and other MMORPGs as well.

@NIC said in It's not a revelation that ERP is banned. It is on FFXIV and other MMORPGs as well.:

@Yggranya said in It's not a revelation that ERP is banned. It is on FFXIV and other MMORPGs as well.:

@BannedCheeseCake said in It's not a revelation that ERP is banned. It is on FFXIV and other MMORPGs as well.:

@Yggranya said in It's not a revelation that ERP is banned. It is on FFXIV and other MMORPGs as well.:

@BannedCheeseCake All it should tell you is that people don't like being banned, and that is all it could possibly tell you since there's no proof of anything else. whistleblowing only works if you have something to back it up.

Nobody likes getting banned without reason*

People have been comparing how NGS handles bans to XIV and the latter seems to be able to justify the ban properly while the former takes months to reply and refuse to tell the reason.

Nobody likes being banned, especially if they got caught doing something illicit*

Now, give us an example of FFXIV moderators/GMs giving an explicit reason for banning someone. You people talk a lot but never provide anything anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together would believe. It's all just "listen, trust, don't think, follow blindly, parrot my words like a good parrot". I'd imagine that this isn't your idea, you're just one of the parrots.

Just going to point out that you do know that FFXIV puts you in a jail cell so you can talk to a GM about your ban before you actually get banned, right?

Not only do you get to talk about your punishment, but you can also simply talk to them, and they will treat you like a person.

Screenshot_5.png

Where's the reason for the ban in that picture anyway, or is that something you're not allowed to disclose? Seems the conversation started just after that was provided. I'd be interested if that's how it works for all bans (which is unlikely).

Where's the reason for the ban in that picture anyway, or is that something you're not allowed to disclose? Seems the conversation started just after that was provided. I'd be interested if that's how it works for all bans (unlikely).

GMs will give you reasons for the ban, but will not going into specifics. For example, you can be banned for bad language, and they will tell you that, but they will not tell you what you said to get banned, who reported you, etc.

You will get a reason, however.

An example of something they might do would be that awhile back a Streamer got banned for being toxic during one of his streams. GMs told him to delete the clip where he was being toxic, but they would not tell him which stream it was in to protect the person who reported him.

That is a more extreme example. Either way, the GMs are people, and they will at least give you a reason, even if they won't tell you specifics of when/why. It's a lot more then Sega gives with the automated shit system they have in place.

Screenshot_6.png

@NIC Ok, and as far as we know, all those people banned in PSO2 got informed on why and simply pretended that it was out of the blue. This doesn't really change that they just assume all will believe them just because they tell them to.

Still, it's nice to be proven wrong on something with evidence to back it up. I'd tip my hat to you if i had one.

@BannedCheeseCake Pfft, yeah, thanks for nothing.

@BannedCheeseCake I'm not refusing anything. As @NIC stated, they never give any explicit info about why in FFXIV either. You're just grasping at straws. Whatever excuses someone has filled you head with to parrot here is inconsequential. Let me guess: you believe these people out of hand because your gut tells you they're right?

Both GW 2 and BDO also will even go further to the reason you got suspended and or banned, yet its not as personalized as FFXIV's but In BDO I got suspended for 3 days for saying something not only political but along the lines of wishing a certain political group "jumped off bridges" to put it much nicer here.

They told me that sort of wishing self harm or death of someone is not allowed here. GW 1 and 2 also let me know what it was for as well. Usually being suspended for saying some pretty nasty things in PVP matches. "Unsportsmanship and very salacious behavior."

@Nephthys_D definitely sounds like you're confusing ERP and harassment. Are you really a veteran roleplayer? What kind of pedophiles have you been spending time with that you think roleplayers will message explicit things to a minor? Or rather, what kind of roleplayer goes into any sort of explicit description without first asking the age of the other person? I have never come across anything like what you've implied in my years of spending time with RP-ers. I have only seen behaviour like these from the people we swiftly ban out of any server/community. Are you really a veteran roleplayer? Heck, do you even roleplay? Or just sext minors?

The internet is never a safe space. You can google "dicks" or anything worse. Let's not overcomplicate the matter. ERP has never been a bannable issue in FFXIV or GW2 because ERP is private interaction between consenting adults. ERP has nothing to do with minors, that's illegal sexual harassment. Minors can't consent, and as such minors can't ERP (because ERP requires consent). If you behave explicitly in public areas, that's public indecency and/or sexual harassment. That gets you banned pretty quickly.

Now apply all of that to any MMORPG you wish to consider, including pso2 ngs. Big yikes that I even have to describe this thought process step by step. smfh

1- This isn't the golden age of GM island where GMs are obligated to interact with players.

There are technical advances and various company NDAs which remove the interaction with players.

2- Not all companies are dutybound to maintain the roleplay atmosphere. (Such as FFXIV)

As such, some company GMs (Such as Nexon) only get to mess around with the players through various meet and greet events.

3- PSO2/PSO2NGS Global was originally supposed to be strictly North America before a Global team was added to the roster in order to increase revenue and reach.

4- Even in D&D, the DMs have full control of the bedroom encounter rules even if the people around the table are mature teens or adults.

If you act like a Karen Rappy because you can't accept the "fade to black" rules, then it's your own fault if you get banned for not understanding how messy a combination of USA and UK laws are on company policy for ToS.

5- Teens lie about their age on a weekly if not daily basis, thus making the "All RPers ask age first" null and void.

(As far as getting yourself sued in court for a hearing or SEGA getting subpoenaed for your personal information.

Whether or not a judge decides to toss the case is beside the point here. Your personal information will no longer be under NDA.)

6- There are "Safe Mode" options on web search engines now. So that argument is also moot.

It's only natural for SEGA to side with Microsoft's Family Friendly motto when Microsoft is Suggar Daddy #1.

Screenshot_26.jpg Screenshot_29.jpg

7- Parents stopped parenting. The FTC demanded platforms and companies to do the work for parents by complying to standards.

Loot Boxes were the wake-up-call heard across the video game industry and it undoubtedly won't be the last.

7- Parents stopped parenting. The FTC demanded platforms and companies to do the work for parents by complying to standards.

Loot Boxes were the wake-up-call heard across the video game industry and it undoubtedly won't be the last.

This I can agree with. If only parents could talk and discuss things with their children instead of talking at and telling them something and creating a barrier of fear. Then again some people should not be parents...

@Nephthys_D said in It's not a revelation that ERP is banned. It is on FFXIV and other MMORPGs as well.:

Any veteran role players reading this forum?

Let me weigh in on what ROLEplaying has devolved into over the years. Back when I started in 1998 on Neverwinter Nights 2 multiplayer servers, it was all about Roleplay and ERP did not exist, although people did it, it wasn't brought up even casually because you were considered a wierdo and out of the norm. It was like this until around 2012 and that's when I noticed a change. I believe it's partly due to the nude mods brought on in game franchises like the Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect and the like. I am sure it was in MMOs but not so profound, until FFXIV came on the scene and the first nude mods were brought out in October 2016. That changed/ruined what little roleplay was in that game. Brothels sprung up with the GUilty Pleasures free company spear heading them on Balmung server.

So, if people use MMOs to fulfill their sexual fantasies, desires, perversions and kinks and this is supposed to be acceptable? Well to be honest, if the idiots who like to spam hentai screen arts and sit in the lobby on PSO2 and central city NGS talking about how they love to ERP, with their disgusting looking toons, maybe it wouldn't have come to this yah think? Getting solicited for this *#&$( in private messages is even worse! There I am just meandering in central city and I get a private message asking me if I want to get down with some futa, or join a couple in their toon box of an apartment...seriously!

I'm glad SEGA took a stance against this trash, as a woman it offends me to see it, it's disgusting, and in a game that has 15 year olds playing it, it has no business being here. In my opinion the perverts who promote that stuff have twisted views about women and our bodies in the first place...its just disgusting.

I still roleplay with my friends, and while I've/we've never done this erotic role play, it's not something I would ever discuss with a player I do not know, because they could be a minor you damn idiots (Sorry about this SEGA!). Okay I think I said my peace, any other veteran role players plz post in here, and let's set the record straight.

Bad hot take, there are plenty of grown women that like ERP, love the outfits that show skin, as plenty of the ones I've spoken to believe in individual player choice, and aren't so prudish. Even the ones I've spoken to that aren't into ERP, or lewd outfits, ( If this is what you mean by disgusting looking toons) are fine with people doing it via private chat. I play primarily female characters in game, one of which in a revealing outfit, and there was only two times I have ever been bothered by another player in game,once was because another kept following me around, not saying a word, and inviting me to a party, until I shared an SA that said "I'm a boy", during the summer events last year. The second time was this year's event, in stark contrast, when I got told to cover my character up, by an over opinionated douche, that had zero rights to tell me how to dress my character. Not once have I been bothered by the ERP crowd, and not once have they solicited me for "getting down with some futa, or join a couple in their toon box of an apartment".

Using the fact you are a woman as a point of argument shows you lack the capacity to argue meaningful standpoints, without using your gender as a shield, especially when you talk as if you speak for all women, when you only ever speak on your own behalf. (Not trying to be rude, but it annoys the hell out of me when I see people say as a "insert whatever here" this offends me, as it adds no value to an argument, or standpoint/viewpoint.) Nobody under seventeen is even supposed to be playing this game in the first place, as that's not at all the PSO2's original core audience, and SEGA should never have tried shifting to that, if that was ever their goal. From a business standpoint, I understand why they (SEGA) are against ERP in game, because of irresponsible parents that allow their underage teens to play this, but at the same time, I hate that society is filled with people, that believes a company, or it's user base, should be responsible for the activities of someone else's children. It's why us adults can't ever have nice things. And the fact that as an adult, such things are so taboo for you, makes me question your overall maturity, given that your core argument is that you are disgusted by what other people do in private, or otherwise.

Those supposedly harassing you (you must be on ship 2) notwithstanding . Your experiences with a select few disrespectful players, should not dictate your view of all those that actively partake in ERP, for the same reason you should never look upon the outward of someone's appearance, when they break the law in real life. Individuals are nuanced, and make different choices, based on the way they are raised, and some have the decency to check to see if someone is into something, getting to know them on a personal level, before asking to ERP for instance, and others don't. You can't place people into boxes, and those that do live in a cult of personality. You showed your true intent behind this post, when you began judging everyone under one banner, placing them into boxes. If you are going to argue the point, don't do so with personal bias, because it will do what it did here, and erode your entire argument. The only valid point you made was not doing ERP with people you don't fully know. Yes, only an idiot would do that, and it's the idiots that should be getting account suspensions, and later bans if they keep repeating that stupid mistake. That however is apparently not 100% of the ERP related ban/suspension cases.

@NIC said in It's not a revelation that ERP is banned. It is on FFXIV and other MMORPGs as well.:

Where's the reason for the ban in that picture anyway, or is that something you're not allowed to disclose? Seems the conversation started just after that was provided. I'd be interested if that's how it works for all bans (unlikely).

GMs will give you reasons for the ban, but will not going into specifics. For example, you can be banned for bad language, and they will tell you that, but they will not tell you what you said to get banned, who reported you, etc.

An example of something they might do would be that awhile back a Streamer got banned for being toxic during one of his streams. GMs told him to delete the clip where he was being toxic, but they would not tell him which stream it was in to protect the person who reported him.

That is a more extreme example. Either way, the GMs are people, and they will at least give you a reason, even if they won't tell you specifics of when/why. It's a lot more then Sega gives with the automated shit system they have in place.

Screenshot_6.png

As cool as this would be, to be able to do this effectively, they'd need more GM's to moderate the game, to take the pressure off those moderating the websites forums,Discord, and possibly Reddit. There are a total of four ships, and several hundred people playing them at any given time. Unless I'm underestimating the number of GM's we do have, there just simply aren't enough active to do something this fair, and even handed.

@Anarchy-Marine said in It's not a revelation that ERP is banned. It is on FFXIV and other MMORPGs as well.:

Screenshot_6.png

As cool as this would be, to be able to do this effectively, they'd need more GM's to moderate the game, to take the pressure off those moderating the websites forums,Discord, and possibly Reddit. There are a total of four ships, and several hundred people playing them at any given time. Unless I'm underestimating the number of GM's we do have, there just simply aren't enough active to do something this fair, and even handed.

And yet FFXIV can do this with 68 servers

Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_3.png

@NIC Right, but how many active GM's do they have? What's their annual revenue, and can they afford the staff? These are the questions you aren't asking yourself.

@Anarchy-Marine said in It's not a revelation that ERP is banned. It is on FFXIV and other MMORPGs as well.:

@NIC Right, but how many active GM's do they have? What's their annual revenue, and can they afford the staff? These are the questions you aren't asking yourself.

Is PSO2 a from a company worth billions of dollars, or am I mistaken?

Sega could do this, if they wished. They haven't invested the money, so that's really on them.

@NIC You only invest money if you believe you have guaranteed returns. Given the state of NGS, unless SEGA pulls a 180, and hires more GM's, and does what Final Fantasy does with its setup, I don't think they have faith in their own game, which is eroding the faith the user base had in it at launch, which has caused that aforementioned guaranteed monetary return, to not be as prominate as expected. They are essentially creating their own causality loop.

@NIC You only invest money if you believe you have guaranteed returns. Given the state of NGS, unless SEGA pulls a 180, and hires more GM's, and does what Final Fantasy does with its setup, I don't think they have faith in their own game, which is eroding the faith the user base had in it at launch, which has caused that aforementioned guaranteed monetary return, to not be as prominate as expected. They are essentially creating their own causality loop.

They haven't invested in the game since global launched going as far as to use the JP team when the games were down for maintenance on both sides.

Of course they aren't going to invest money into the game. Of course they don't have faith.

NGS is the part 2 of a cash grab.