Recent Bans.

@Sakesubaki said in Recent Bans.:

@XenoBladeX37645 Ah, mmkay, I was just going to point out, that pre-amble would be a very lengthy document, that is IF they decide to cover every single aspect of it.

JP has it and is not that bad https://pso2.jp/players/support/rules/manners/playmanners/

Specially these points over here:

7fe0ddb7-30ea-4ade-ab32-95a85196fd7d-image.png

f6adf039-da67-4a84-874a-6be315765719-image.png

troll thread. let it die already.

@Atneics if this really was a troll thread...you still came here to comment something. Just saying

@Atneics said in Recent Bans.:

troll thread. let it die already.

Just because people are venting doesn't mean it's a troll thread. If you don't want to participate that's fine no one will ever force you to do something you think is wrong or dislike in these forums. If you want to vent then please by all means. It does seem there is alot of negativity towards Sega's policies. People are ranging from "We should all be nice and if you can't you don't deserve to play the game" to "People shouldn't be permabanned for having a bad day". Many on here have this attitude that if you have something critical to say then you shouldn't be allowed to say it and that's just wrong. Critique is the mother of improvement. Without it we would still be riding around in steam driven vehicles and playing games with chalk and rocks. So let them say what they want to say. Words shouldn't hurt you and if they do then don't read that person's post.

@Adreankael tho the person here which is Atneics is a troll who baited you to replaying to them.

Anyways I'm sorry that your thread going chaotic, I hope for the best for you with how you're spending your money elsewhere then on PSO2ngs with how thing been going as of lately.

People won't keep paying for a game where bans are mysterious or based on chat. I know people who've left over the bans, swore off cash shopping (refunded another game for $200 recently myself) or left with some or all of their alliance.

Getting woke means going broke. #FreeDiggah

@dalamar I dont think that those people that you are referring to , Includes me, Does it? Though there is some sort of re-structuring going on internally, I'm still going to strive to enjoy this game to it's fullest.

Banning a large portion of a tiny playerbase seems like a bad financial decision. I wasn't going to spend any money because the game felt like it was in a really fragile position, but now it is even worse ontop of the game not having any content.

@IzzyData said in Recent Bans.:

Banning a large portion of a tiny playerbase seems like a bad financial decision. I wasn't going to spend any money because the game felt like it was in a really fragile position, but now it is even worse ontop of the game not having any content.

Just because people keep quoting the concurrent playernumbers from Steamcharts doesn't mean the game only has 3000-ish players. People may log in for like 20 minutes a day, or a week, before moving on to other games for the rest of the day.

And besides, even if that were the case, punishing (not necessarily banning) 1600 accounts for toxic behavior is still the right move as a toxic community is much more likely to scare off new players than a small community, or a game with little content.

@Vinuna And how many were ACTUALLY being toxic? And how many were only punished due to a kneejerk reaction? Its clear toxicity isnt whats keeping most people away from this game, its the lack of content (and Sega's greed), yet again Sega has more focus on the apparent toxicity. Their priorities are wrong

@Vinuna said in Recent Bans.:

@IzzyData said in Recent Bans.:

Just because people keep quoting the concurrent playernumbers from Steamcharts doesn't mean the game only has 3000-ish players. People may log in for like 20 minutes a day, or a week, before moving on to other games for the rest of the day.

Even when used correctly, a game like PSO2 NGS having such a small concurrent playerbase so early in it's life is bad. Monster Hunter World is now 2 generations behind the current Monster Hunter titles, and it has 5 times the playerbase of NGS. NGS might be making money due to scratches, but it's playerbase isn't in a healthy spot, or growing.

And besides, even if that were the case, punishing (not necessarily banning) 1600 accounts for toxic behavior is still the right move as a toxic community is much more likely to scare off new players than a small community, or a game with little content.

No, perma-banning without appeal because the appeal system is just bots.

The absolute problem is that "toxicity" isn't being defined and might as well be "anything sega doesn't agree with," which is really bad.

Anti-toxicity is more toxic than vanilla toxicity. Hmm, feels like this could be said about a certain something else too, but I'll keep that one to myself.

All ARKS! How do you think about undesirable ARKS:makapo in PSO2(JP)? He confessed that he exploited children sexualy and made insulting remarks to women both in PSO2 and Twitter. But his Twitter account(@makapo_SS) is still alive and what is worse, his blog and PSO2 account is alive too!m1e.png m2e.png m3e.jpg mac&bloge2.jpg

@ZundaKitsune said in Recent Bans.:

snipped content

as we have went over, he broke no japanese law, and in fact the age of consent through most of the world is 16. hyperbole much, mate?

@dalamar Japan has laws to protect people under the age of 18 from sexual exploitation. And insulting someone, no matter who they are, is illegal in every country, right? makapo is guilty of at least these two crimes.