The forums are pretty much useless now that there is a Discord Suggestion: get rid of it

Feels like this place is hardly if ever productive, most people don't use it they use the official discord and it's just extra work for the staff. I recommend shutting this place down I doubt anyone would truly miss it.

You are free to not use it and leave for the discord. Not everyone wants to install discord, while pretty sure everyone got a browser of some sort to open the forums.

@taetett Bad take, but your entitled to your opinion. Im pretty sure there are people that use both the Discord and the forums.

in the day Discord decides to make changes to allow to make fully customized posts than sure having Discord will be better than having both, but until that happens if it ever happens.

the Forums aren't only for suggestions but also other kinds of feedbacks and even a place to make more detailed kinds of post and discussions that aren't tailed to Discord and while Discord does allow to make huge posts they cannot be fully customizable so is pretty much impossible to not end with a wall of text hard to read

Agreed, these forums should be deleted.

This post is deleted!

@taetett i don't, because it's just a chatroom, it's hard to have a discussion. I like having the option between a forum which functions differently than a fast flowing constant chatoom.

When I read those in Discord yesterday, to me, the context, when placed in context with those saying the GM's were targeting those that ERP, on a 4chan board I found, (talking about in game moderation, with some very not so well chosen words about Gwiz, and several of the GM's here) sounded less like they were mocking ERP players, and more like they were mocking those on said boards.

I can provide you with a link on Discord if you like, so you can see the type of behaviour that was prominent there. It was beyond what I thought was going on. And if these people were talking like what I saw on those boards in game, it goes beyond ERP. Judging by the way they were talking, and if they were publicly or even privately treating other players like this, I can see why some of these people were banned, as several were talking the exact same way several trolls on these forums had. You know the annoying trolls with multi alt accounts, that consistently cause arguments on purpose.

Now, this isn't to say that some private ERP people weren't getting caught in the cross fire by association, and that's not to say it's not impossible otherwise innocent players were banned, in a full sweep of the player base. Because I believe the GM's got tired of certain behavioural patterns, and went full scorched earth on the playerbase, and have been going through more accounts then were actually reported, because some of the people posting, weren't the average board user, were calling out the assholes in there for getting them banned, temporary or otherwise, and were disappointed that their private, consensual conversations lead to GM's feeling that they should be banned.

This all said, if GM's were mocking ERP players, for what they did in private spaces, (public is a different story, because passers by may not want to be pulled into some otherwise odd conversations, or uncomfortable ones) this in my opinion is unprofessional, and needs to cease. You can hold your opinions about these players in private, but your opinions should never dictate how you moderate, and should never be publicly displayed within the rest of the community. Moderation of players, needs to stay professional, and only ever mention ToS, and the topic shouldn't joked about in that context, considering what the players whom did partake in ERP, were otherwise decent people, at least from what I can see.

Mocking assholes that constantly troll, or cause other players distress is one thing, but ERP players, that kept things private, and otherwise weren't bothering other players, should never be treated in such a fashion, regardless of personal bias, or terms regarding sexual content. It's a bad look, and people on the outside of the community looking in may steer clear of the game when they see that. It's not the behaviour I want to see from GM's or anyone in seats of authority in general. And I still say, that unless someone is being harassed, or wronged in some way, private conversations, should not be subject to enforcement in any way, especially immediate bans, temporary or otherwise, and should be allowed to remain private.

Moderation in any setting is supposed to maintain the peace, not go beyond that and try to make all conversation sterile to the point private conversation between friends is out of the question. And if it was ever found that was happening, the legitimacy of any mod would be brought into question. I know because I've had to curtail myself several times as a moderator in similar settings. I had to remove myself from the equation, and focus on people taking peace out of the equation, and sowing chaos, or causing problems in general. I worked on a three strike rule of thumb, two warnings and a permanent ban. But I never silenced constructive criticism, and I never mocked a person publicly where the average user would see, and tried to maintain a displine. I was friendly sure, but I had a job to do, and could never allow myself to get so close to someone, not in moderation, to have inside jokes. Doing otherwise would have removed any respect from most average users, and even the possibility of respect from my detractors, and results in situations such as these where the average user is picking apart every action, or inaction mod teams take.

@Anarchy-Marine The fact I ended up teaking a look on 4chan also brings up to the fact there was infighting happening in ship2 and with the stream incident the person said a certain racist word was in fact impersonating someone and the said person actually gotten banned when it happened, which it doesn't help that they're both also from 4chan as well.

Hi, a few months lurker here. Honestly, I find more useful discussions end up in Discord way more than here in the forum, but mostly I think it's because, in my opinion, web forum in general just feels so old and slow compare to something like Discord.

However, maybe rather than its removal, I'd vote for a revamp. I'd say why not just put this forum under construction to easily cool things down for whatever happened lately and temporarily redirects to the Discord during the time, then finally show up with a brand new NGS forum that has been always forwarded to this PSO2 base forum before. Winter update seems to be a good timing to release it, so people can start with productive discussions from that update for a few weeks. As for after that, I assume the mods should be ready enough more than today, as well as the users who have been used to have the forum being less restrictive than they usually had.

In short, I really think this is actually the best time they finally make the new NGS forum.

@mychii That's kind of the point of a forum, compared to a chat room. It's much easier to follow the entirety of a conversation on a forum, while in a chat room when you say something it'll likely get lost in the sea of other simultaneous messages.

@The-Merfox said in The forums are pretty much useless now that there is a Discord Suggestion: get rid of it:

@mychii That's kind of the point of a forum, compared to a chat room. It's much easier to follow the entirety of a conversation on a forum, while in a chat room when you say something it'll likely get lost in the sea of other simultaneous messages.

He wants to censor GM detractors. Thus his false narrative he's trying to sell, and thus the idea to shut down the forums. These forums are more level headed, and balanced to be fair for most parties that debate, and argue points. The Discord on the other hand can just pile on other unrelated comments, or shut you down with multiple users trying to silence you by twisting your words, far easier then they can here.

@TheLamp5 said in The forums are pretty much useless now that there is a Discord Suggestion: get rid of it:

@Anarchy-Marine The fact I ended up teaking a look on 4chan also brings up to the fact there was infighting happening in ship2 and with the stream incident the person said a certain racist word was in fact impersonating someone and the said person actually gotten banned when it happened, which it doesn't help that they're both also from 4chan as well.

Most of those boards got nuked thankfully, but a few still stand. Few that were posting there seemed like decent people caught up in this mess. The rest, I can see why they got banned. They have petty, childish, and shit attitudes, and don't respect the moderators, much less fellow players. It was only a matter of time before they had let their mouth overload their ass, and got banned. The slurrs thrown around in there alone, I would never want to befriend someone like that, and I'm not sure anyone without the same mentality of behaviour would either.

Still I think some of the bans were heavy handed, the rest were using the right amount of force. The GM's need to refine the way they handle these problems, to more accurately handle out warnings or bans according to the individual infraction of ToS. They did good getting rid of that subset of players that cause the most hardship for the player base and game, but they could stand to do better when it comes to everyone else. ERP players included.

Edit: I'm probably painting a 4chan target on my back saying all this, but I don't care. They need to grow up. If they want to be treated like adults, they need to act like adults.

@Anarchy-Marine said in The forums are pretty much useless now that there is a Discord Suggestion: get rid of it:

@TheLamp5 said in The forums are pretty much useless now that there is a Discord Suggestion: get rid of it:

Most of those boards got nuked thankfully, but a few still stand. Few that were posting there seemed like decent people caught up in this mess. The rest, I can see why they got banned. They have petty, childish, and shit attitudes, and don't respect the moderators, much less fellow players. It was only a matter of time before they had let their mouth overload their ass, and got banned. The slurrs thrown around in there alone, I would never want to befriend someone like that, and I'm not sure anyone without the same mentality of behaviour would either.

Still I think some of the bans were heavy handed, the rest were using the right amount of force. The GM's need to refine the way they handle these problems, to more accurately handle out warnings or bans according to the individual infraction of ToS. They did good getting rid of that subset of players that cause the most hardship for the player base and game, but they could stand to do better when it comes to everyone else. ERP players included.

Edit: I'm probably painting a 4chan target on my back saying all this, but I don't care. They need to grow up. If they want to be treated like adults, they need to act like adults.

Well I just hope the mods do get better in what they're doing as time goes on, tho with 4chan it's not surprising that /pso2g/ is fighting both /v/ and /vg/ once that the stream incident happened.

@TheLamp5 I don't frequent Chan boards like that because they are cesspools, but someone, whom I'll leave anonymous, pointed out to me said boards, and those on them, had been causing issues for PSO2 since the game launched last year, and that I should be less critical of the mod team.Which lead me to investigate them. That said, I don't know all of the boards out there.

I still believe that any mod team worth their weight in salt, can take any constructive criticism, and use it to better refine their ways of handling situations however. Thus why I'm still saying this situation wasn't handled as well as it could have been.