Topics as a whole

Should the creator of a topic have the ability to

• delete comments
  • kick people
  • lock the topic
  • delete the topic

Because the last post I made was locked by GM Deynger which I'm quite thankful for because it got derailed and went really off-topic

No, you don't get to decide only your echo chamber gets to participate in your discussion on a public forum.

You can edit/delete your opening post and ask GM to lock the thread if you want.

Yeah I know you can't do any of that I just thought it may be a nice feature

@Drakaina said in Topics as a whole:

Yeah I know you can't do any of that I just thought it may be a nice feature

No, because it would be a way for people on either side of an argument or view to silence detractors, effectively removing any and all debates from the equation on these forums. Nothing constructive ever comes from that.

And I've dealt with plenty of trolls saying horrendous things to me on here, and accusing me of things I never did. So that should tell you that I'm not lacking in understanding here, I just know the harm of such a change, would outweigh any potential good.

Should the creator of a topic have the ability to

• delete comments
  • kick people
  • lock the topic
  • delete the topic

Because the last post I made was locked by GM Deynger which I'm quite thankful for because it got derailed and went really off-topic

maybe you want it for good reason, but it'll be abused.

I agree with the others, this'll bring more harm than good.

Just for instance a if someone now was to come into this topic and started to derail you could delete the comments because they are irrelevant

You could kick them out of the topic so they couldn't text in this topic anymore if they continue to be a nuisance and or unpleasant

If you feel like you have acquired your answer you could lock the thread but still keep it up in case other people want the information

When old information becomes irrelevant and is no longer needed you can just delete it for example leave bingo cards and where do you find certain things

Just for instance a if someone now was to come into this topic and started to derail you could delete the comments because they are irrelevant

You could kick them out of the topic so they couldn't text in this topic anymore if they continue to be a nuisance and or unpleasant

If you feel like you have acquired your answer you could lock the thread but still keep it up in case other people want the information

When old information becomes irrelevant and is no longer needed you can just delete it for example leave bingo cards and where do you find certain things

you may have good intentions, other may not

always assume the worst in humanity, as you can obviously see from the ongoing fiasco

@GlassyRhombus93 what would you suggest by default that the poster the topic should have anything I had suggested anything I haven't or none of the above

@GlassyRhombus93 what would you suggest by default that the poster the topic should have anything I had suggested anything I haven't or none of the above

ping a Mod and request intervention

I mean, the sad truth is that you are in a forums with like 20 users posting in it at best, atm. Most are frustrated with the state of the game. Imagine giving people power in threads, lol.