How to Save the Economy - Eliminate Scalpers and Trading Barons

Edit: Due to some duly noted confusion, here's an edit. AC items should still be 1st use CHARACTER AVAILABLE 2nd use ACCOUNT-WIDE AVAILABLE. They just should be UNTRADEABLE TO OTHER PLAYERS after their first, initial chaseform the personal shop.

Please make all AC items UNTRADEALE TO OTHER PLAYERS once bought from the Personal Shop. Scalpers and trading barons are a leech on the economy and should never exist. Only the people buying AC scratch should be able to sell AC scratch items. Lock all AC scratch items to account-bound status once bought from the Personal Shop. Retroactively.

This will not affect supply (of new AC scratches). All people buying AC items will be able to sell them. This will eliminate buying and reselling at 10x prices, since they will now be account bound when bought. People wanting to convert AC items/real currency into Meseta will still do so by buying AC items.

This will not change any behavior of the AC items. As they exist right now, the first use binds it on your character, the second gives it to your account. People who bought and used an AC item they do not like will not be impacted, since it's already used on their character. Buying and re-selling of extra AC items not for personal use does not have any role in the original design of AC items.

This benefits both players and SEGA. Only way to turn actual currency into in-game currency will be through AC Scratches, so SEGA gets paid. Players will no longer have to deal with a small minority fucking up everyone for personal profit.

There are literally no downsides to this solution, and it will breathe much needed life back into the economy the moment it's implemented, as soon as next week's AC scratch drops. Run it as a trial solution if you wish, but don't let the economy get any worst or there will be NO recovery. Just like what happened when you guys released cradle.

Extra stuff: Yes, retroactive implementation fucks supply of old items. But get this. The scratches are over. There's meant to be no more way of procuring them anyway. And if you BOUGHT those AC items in the first place, FROM SEGA, you'd have no problem selling them now. But if you are a filthy scalper who bought them out cheap for reselling now, you deserve to be fucked. Unless I'm completely missing something, this is a necessary solution that should have been put in place since the start of the game. Just like how red-boxes should have never contained meseta in the first place.

The only issue I see with this solution is that those who are selling their AC items after they've scratched them would immediately set the price high due to how restrictive the new changes are. "Oh, so people are limited in purchasing this? Might as well set the price high because it binds to them anyways.

It seems like a good idea, but I don't think it'll work the way you hope.

@Lanre I said the same thing last year, and was told by several people I was wrong. Perhaps now that inflation is so bad, maybe now they will listen.

@Nevyara said in How to Save the Economy - Eliminate Scalpers and Trading Barons:

The only issue I see with this solution is that those who are selling their AC items after they've scratched them would immediately set the price high due to how restrictive the new changes are. "Oh, so people are limited in purchasing this? Might as well set the price high because it binds to them anyways.

It seems like a good idea, but I don't think it'll work the way you hope.

Just keep the account settings as they are, so you still have to buy multiples, at least until SEGA can introduce something that draws in the wealthiest players to buy into a meseta sink, possibly some shop that sells something players want, and kill off inflation.

@Anarchy-Marine said in How to Save the Economy - Eliminate Scalpers and Trading Barons:

Just keep the account settings as they are, so you still have to buy multiples, at least until SEGA can introduce something that draws in the wealthiest players to buy into a meseta sink, possibly some shop that sells something players want, and kill off inflation.

That could work, but it would require SEGA to put something really attractive up for players to want to spend their money, like cosmetics and well, they seem to want to capitalize off that themselves.

@Nevyara said in How to Save the Economy - Eliminate Scalpers and Trading Barons:

@Anarchy-Marine said in How to Save the Economy - Eliminate Scalpers and Trading Barons:

That could work, but it would require SEGA to put something really attractive up for players to want to spend their money, like cosmetics and well, they seem to want to capitalize off that themselves.

Accessories from Base that were fresh finds, that you can't get anymore.

I mean, they are going to sunset base PSO2 eventually, they should also fold in the treasure shop items.

Nah, just make them bind on account when bought off the scratch, then you wont have to worry about inflation at all because they can't be traded on the market at all, ><. That way they stay at the low, low price of "insert X amount of AC here," and Sega wins far, far more in this scenario as ALL cosmetics have to be bought individually by every player who wants them, for cash only. 10/10 way for Sega to make more money off this game.

If they wanna double down on it, make the AC scratch only accessible to players who have premium(fixes the problem of all the people who were whining that premium didn't have any tangible benefits when NGS first launched).

Grabs pop corn and patiently awaits the flood of comments that wont realize the above text is sarcasm

In reality, the only way Sega can hard check inflation is to set price caps on items that dictate the value goods can be traded at(similar to what is done in Black Desert), but even this while probably being viewed as a boon by FTP players, would probably cause less AC items to be purchased by whales overall(they'd make less meseta thus less incentive for them to buy things to sell to FTP players in the first place). Doing this would have adverse consequences in the game(loss of sales/players spending money) that's been talked to death in numerous other threads about this very topic, but it's realistically the only avenue that Sega could pursue that would achieve what people keep asking for.

@Nevyara Actually, that's the point. There are no new restrictions introduced to the current system. Only AC buyers can get AC items from scratches. That is the case now and will be the case after this change. It's just that the same amount of items (from the scratches) will no longer be priced 10x after being bought up and resold by scalpers (who do NOT add even a single AC item to the market, they just buy and resell for 10x price).

@Anarchy-Marine I don't see how the current account settings encourage anyone to buy MORE AC. Please elaborate and help me understand?

From what I know, people buy AC, scratch for the items they want and sell the rest/sell them all for meseta. This meseta then goes into their gear or whatever the hell it is people do with their meseta. This entire part of the process is unaffected by my suggestion. AFTER my suggestion, AC buyers can still sell their AC items as per normal. Scalpers just can't scalp. Can you give me more information, please and thanks?

@Lanre But how would that help f2p pay for a new scratch when people post a new hairstyle for 4 million n-meseta instead of 2 million? The scratches are limited, and even though they include the information that the items bay reappear in other scratches in the future, so far, the only place we have seen that has been in SG scratches, and those items cannot be sold. So of course, people are going to horde all the can to resell what they can

I don't see it being very helpful for the f2p community when the prices go even higher while they still do not have access to the player market. The absolute best way imho to combat the crazy inflation is to reintroduce the old scratches regularly to keep the prices low. Scalpers will still scalp of course, but they won't be able to keep selling things for 3x, 4x, 10x the price if there is a regular schedule containing old AC items.

@Ravness01 aight, I like sarcasm as much as anyone else, but that's 30 seconds of my time you've just wasted with nothing to gain for it. In fact, if you limit AC items to the point that they don't have that first "re-sell", you're just making SEGA earn less money. My suggestion keeps SEGA's earnings as they are. There is no downside to my suggestion that I can think of, so far.

I agree that price caps can have an impact, but they come with a whole new package of their own problems. You get meseta bundled into multiples of these caps, so it doesn't actually solve inflation, just quantifies it into your "caps" by setting "official prices" for items, not to mention they'd be a lot of work for SEGA . I don't really see how they'd solve inflation as much as lessen it, and as you mentioned they will indeed be detrimental to SEGA's earnings. I don't like to do comparisons, but in this case, I think my suggestion isn't any less mandatory after considering the points in your post. Scalpers need to be gone. Whales should still be allowed to sell their AC items to other players. SEGA earns, players get fashion at fair prices, scalpers removed.

Please elaborate further if I misunderstood you.

@Nevyara Let me go through this one step at a time so we don't end up confusing each other. AC Scratches are limited, yes. As things currently stand, BEFORE my suggestion gets implemented, AC items can only be bought by people who pay $$$ for AC, yes. These people who paid real $$$ for AC items can now sell these AC items to other players including the FTP players.

Now, AFTER my suggestion is implemented, it's exactly the same. People paying real $$$ get to sell their AC items. The only change is that SCALPERS who did NOT buy ANY AC, did not introduce ANY new AC items into circulation, no longer exist.

To reiterate, you're worried about overpriced AC items being in the market because of reduced supply, correct? My suggestion does not reduce supply. Did I make a mistake somewhere?

@Lanre You said account bound, and to both of us it sounded like you meant scratch items, that normally need two copies to account bound, would no longer be required. Just one of the item would be enough. You would mean it would be character bound otherwise.

That has been a request in the past, so I personally figured that's what it meant, as I can't speak for @Nevyara

@Nevyara So you have seen those requests too?