“ All the content “

1BB1440E-AB45-489B-9996-3AE9910775CB.png )

So I was scrolling through youtube NGS channel and was able to see the old epic pso2 announcement trailer : https://youtu.be/EDSwsBxvuAA

There was a part that said “ all the content “ I guess this pertains to global getting all the content JP had. Which was clearly not the case since base global is still missing a lot of content in a form of badge exchange shops, rainbow keys in FQs, weapon camos ( see the camo request in forum suggestion section) and collaboration stuff like Ff14 collab.

SEGA global, what is keeping you from releasing these stuff for us global players ? I know it is an “8 year old game” and you want to focus on NGS, but people still enjoy playing base pso2 . We all play the game for different reasons, I , myself play the game to collect camos and would love to use those camos in NGS too.

I’m sure there are many more stuff global base is missing! Please SEGA, keep your promise in the trailer and give us “All the content”

That All the content was only for content up to the release of that trailer in Japan and it was not referring to cosmetics and collaborations, which involves licensing in many cases. All it was really referring to was the game's content including story and gameplay. Anything after the release of that trailer was also never going to be guaranteed.

@Ísaac Yeah, copyrighted content isn't something they have full control over. They have to buy licensing rights for such a collaboration, and get permission to use said rights to add in content from said copywritten material. Final Fantasy isn't owned by SEGA, and thus they can't just add in such a collaboration as they see fit. That takes time and money, and right now this game globally is hanging on by a thread. Or more accurately balancing precariously on a ledge, and a breeze could knock it either direction into being a success or a failure.

Cosmetics you buy with AC aren't seen as content by most.

I'm still sad to this day that they left out so much scratch and campaign cosmetics & LAs , etc (non-collab stuff) because of the rush to NGS. /wrists

There was also in JP an Evangelion collaboration with actual space AIS battle that there was a bit of a tease in the PSO2 Twitter but it seems Global couldn't get the license in the end, sadly.

And also something Monster Hunter related, but we actually got the weapon lines from that event added.

License terms and costs are a real drag... 😧

@Aumires said in “ All the content “:

There was also in JP an Evangelion collaboration with actual space AIS battle that there was a bit of a tease in the PSO2 Twitter but it seems Global couldn't get the license in the end, sadly.

And also something Monster Hunter related, but we actually got the weapon lines from that event added.

License terms and costs are a real drag... 😧

I actually wanted the Evangelion collab way back when I first heard that it was a thing from a forum user. It's sad we never got it, but I knew licensing doesnt come cheap, and understood that SEGA likely didn't want to release too many collabs right before NGS came out.

I wanted Neptune's Hair.

I'm surprised they couldn't work out an agreement. They're a small budget company that's always massively discounting and republishing/recycling their games. And there were times they worked with NIS, Gust and the Senran Kagura people.

I'm guessing because Sega was only going to support PSO2 until NGS released, they couldn't find the time. Though the NGS "extended beta" should've been pushed back imo