A curious difference in the current get your tweet on campaign

https://ngs.pso2.com/news/events/sonictweet0901 vs/+ https://pso2.jp/players/news/28317/

Personally I think they set it up with hopes the goal wont be reached xD Make sure you retweet for the other side...

Global

• 1 - 2350
  • 2 - 547
  • 3 - 2502
  • 4 - 665
  • 5 - 1540.
  • 6 - 176
  • 7 - 264
  • 8 - 777

Japan

• 1 - 2814
  • 2 - 2856
  • 3 - 869

IKR

they want 300k retweets with only 100k followers (who knows how many of those account are really still active) and less than 3k active players.

Global can't math that is why they think it's fine.

@Prancing_Cat This should also be giving Sega a huge clue of where they stand between when they did the retweet campaign for the matoi - Come on stamp and now... EASILY reached 50k retweets, but now struggling to reach 20k when we need 30k.

Well, currently with 8 global and 3 jp different tweets, if people retweet them all you only need about 2700 twitter users to hit 30k. I ain't doing all that spam. I barely use twitter and I retweeted the first JP one, that's all they getting from me.

@HarmlessSyan That would take the JP players Retweeting the Global tweets, but are they? When you look at each respective page, they don't include links to 'the others'' tweets to be retweeted. Judging by how many didnt even retweet the 2nd target tweet in for global which was available the same time as the 1st, likely not. They don't seem to have the same visibility even to the locals.

I think a lot of the wind got taking out of their sails when the whole thing with the sponsored stream happened. Three different streamers, all with relatively different audiences, getting whispered derogatory messages and inappropriate symbol art. Anyone watching that, that may had been interested in the game and saw that, assumed (rightfully so) that the community is toxic af, and wrote the game off, completely.

Them taking 4 months to implement the incoming chat changes probably isn't helping either. They more than likely didn't want to push out advertisements to the game until they modified the chat system to avoid having the situation repeat itself, should they pay for streamers to more or less advertise their game once again. I don't know how it is on JP side, but I really haven't seen an advertisement push for the game here, at all.

The fact that steam charts is showing that the player count is crashing to the amount of players before ngs was released, just 4 months after NGS came out, is real concerning. They can twist their words to the investors all the want by claiming in their reports that they have many "active users" throughout the day, I guess logging in, standing around in Central City waiting for the UQ's and Gigantix to appear, while playing another game, or watching shows, doing chores around the house, is a healthy active player base they should really be proud to talk to their investors about, eh?

SEGA, please. Stop putting your heads in the sand and saying everything is okay when it is not. We want the game to be successful, I literally want to throw money at you, but there is no reason for me to, because there is nothing to do in game except sit around, wait, play dress up and maybe chat in Central City (which I rarely do, since my husband and all my friends are gone.) I'm trying to find enjoyment in the game practically alone, and there is none to be had.

@Nevyara said in A curious difference in the current get your tweet on campaign:

SEGA, please. Stop putting your heads in the sand and saying everything is okay when it is not. We want the game to be successful, I literally want to throw money at you, but there is no reason for me to, because there is nothing to do in game except sit around, wait, play dress up and maybe chat in Central City.

Quoted for truth? Quoted for truth.

@AngryRhombus563 said in A curious difference in the current get your tweet on campaign:

https://ngs.pso2.com/news/events/sonictweet0901 vs/+ https://pso2.jp/players/news/28317/

Personally I think they set it up with hopes the goal wont be reached xD Make sure you retweet for the other side...

I disagree. They want you to reach the goal, because the goal of this Twitter campaign is about expanding their social media presence. Likes and retweets improve visability, that is what they are going for here.

@HermitST Thats Sega marketing goal, not player goal. player goal is tails mag.

@Nevyara said in A curious difference in the current get your tweet on campaign:

I think a lot of the wind got taking out of their sails when the whole thing with the sponsored stream happened. Three different streamers, all with relatively different audiences, getting whispered derogatory messages and inappropriate symbol art. Anyone watching that, that may had been interested in the game and saw that, assumed (rightfully so) that the community is toxic af, and wrote the game off, completely.

Them taking 4 months to implement the incoming chat changes probably isn't helping either. They more than likely didn't want to push out advertisements to the game until they modified the chat system to avoid having the situation repeat itself, should they pay for streamers to more or less advertise their game once again. I don't know how it is on JP side, but I really haven't seen an advertisement push for the game here, at all.

The fact that steam charts is showing that the player count is crashing to the amount of players before ngs was released, just 4 months after NGS came out, is real concerning. They can twist their words to the investors all the want by claiming in their reports that they have many "active users" throughout the day, I guess logging in, standing around in Central City waiting for the UQ's and Gigantix to appear, while playing another game, or watching shows, doing chores around the house, is a healthy active player base they should really be proud to talk to their investors about, eh?

SEGA, please. Stop putting your heads in the sand and saying everything is okay when it is not. We want the game to be successful, I literally want to throw money at you, but there is no reason for me to, because there is nothing to do in game except sit around, wait, play dress up and maybe chat in Central City (which I rarely do, since my husband and all my friends are gone.) I'm trying to find enjoyment in the game practically alone, and there is none to be had.

This whole issue could have been avoided, had they listened to the part of the user base for the last year asking for a user end filtration system. For chat, SA, and even player avatars. (Because some people are overly sensitive about lewd outfits) Several times user's had really good ideas, and several times those users got ignored. And only now one of those ideas is even being partially implemented after a few sponsored streams didn't end too well. It shouldn't have gone that far for someone to notice the idea, and say "Hey you know, these people are actually giving us some good feedback, maybe we should use it to evolve the games ability to make it more user/streamer friendly."

@Anarchy-Marine said in A curious difference in the current get your tweet on campaign:

This whole issue could have been avoided, had they listened to the part of the user base for the last year asking for a user end filtration system. For chat, SA, and even player avatars. (Because some people are overly sensitive about lewd outfits) Several times user's had really good ideas, and several times those users got ignored. And only now one of those ideas is even being partially implemented after a few sponsored streams didn't end too well. It shouldn't have gone that far for someone to notice the idea, and say "Hey you know, these people are actually giving us some good feedback, maybe we should use it to evolve the games ability to make it more user/streamer friendly."

I'm sure you know as well as the rest of us why it did go this far. It's not a problem until it smacks a company square on the jaw. As long as it's a problem only for the players, who cares. As soon as it might bite into the good ol' bottom line (Although even then it's not certain anything will be done, but usually something happens), it's time to scramble a response. Then it's just hit or miss.

@Yggranya said in A curious difference in the current get your tweet on campaign:

@Anarchy-Marine said in A curious difference in the current get your tweet on campaign:

I'm sure you know as well as the rest of us why it did go this far. It's not a problem until it smacks a company square on the jaw.

And now they are in damage control silencing people sharing whats going on right now, as if that's not just going to make things worse for them. They are trying to control the narrative that everything's fine, and we should just stop talking about it, locking threads in the process. Guess I'm on the bad list now if I wasn't already. (Even though I'm always teaching new players that ask for help in game, in Discord, or in the forums, doing my part to help make the community look warm and welcoming.) I've openly said their current solution to a problem they allowed, is flawed, and that's why I'm saying I'm likely on the "find a way to get rid of them" list. You can only silence so many people before you as a company begin to look bad.

@Yggranya said in A curious difference in the current get your tweet on campaign:

I'm sure you know as well as the rest of us why it did go this far. It's not a problem until it smacks a company square on the jaw. As long as it's a problem only for the players, who cares. As soon as it might bite into the good ol' bottom line (Although even then it's not certain anything will be done, but usually something happens), it's time to scramble a response. Then it's just hit or miss.

Pretty much. Everyone has been trying to warn SEGA about this very scenario occuring since PSO2 came to Global, and they paid no attention. Then, it finally happens, SEGA gets all mad at the global community, and takes away SA's while trying to fix the problem the very same community had been spending the better part of a year and a half warning them about.

Guess I'm on the bad list now if I wasn't already.

You and me both. I've always done my best to be relatively respectful to everyone here, but I am bullheaded and I stand my ground on what I think is right. That has always gotten me in trouble in some way in my life, but I don't mind causing good trouble.

@Nevyara I'm the same way. Un-moving, and not afraid of consequences. I see rights in society, or privileges as they should be called in this game, being revoked, and I stand my ground on defending those that have no voice on the matter.