Improving the community

Avid player here of PSO2/NGS

And I would like to start a discussion thread on how we should as a community should and or will help to improve the community so the developers staff and moderators don't need to take such actions

I would like to hear from the community their ideas suggestions feedbacks and whatever else on what actions we should take so they can be more trusting in us and the community and don't see us as children that need to be monitored and watched 24/7 with certain privileges revoked like being able to send symbol area in area for example

And see us as grown adult and are trusting in our decisions as the community because we as the community should make our community a better place for all

@Drakaina did you see the thread in general, about their plans to create a user end filter system, and plan on re-enabling SA's in area when they roll that put?

@Anarchy-Marine no I did not no about it could you provide a link

I'm not trying to start anything against the developers admin moderators or such if my wording is wrong or could be better adjusted please tell me I just want to help this community the best I can

As the community we hold all the power ( metaphorically speaking ) it should never be the developers staff moderator admins or whatever other title job to enforce such actions and take away of rights ( metaphorically speaking ) we as a community should take actions are self ( although we can't really do much in game ) something similar to a neighbourhood watch just trying to keep the peace

As this is a virtual game stuff like this is hard to enforce

Maybe adding a bulletin board in game where people can post requests as for help

May be asking people not to argue if they want to do it privately ( like asking them not to in real life and could you maybe take it elsewhere or tone it down a little)

like actively doing charity work cleaning up the streets ect just so the game is a happier place to be

We should be a respectful community listen and actually listen to people help them understand them listen to both sides trying to find a common ground and try to make the community a better place for all so the law enforcement ( referring to developers and such ) have a more healthier relationship with their citizens

@Drakaina Bloop, here's the Announcement.

The drama situation we've got going on here is one simmering beast that the mods have known for quite a while.

It's not a situation that will cool down on their end.

Livestreamers had streams sniped by users who bypassed the filter; SA of lewd lolis (Adult Only rating) was spammed... it was a mess.

Everything over a span of time from base PSO2's launch was never really reaching the forums on such a level.

I haven't seen such levels of offsite vulgar behavior since Gaia Online was trendy.

And it's not just them insulting/harassing the streamers, but the CM. (Who you should ABSOLUTELY NEVER INSULT.)

These users who got banned and cry wolf may be the bane of not only this community, but Microsoft itself.

(Who pays SEGA for profit returns.)

@Drakaina https://forum.pso2.com/topic/14769/more-communication-function-changes-coming-sa-and-chat/2

OP shared a link to the NGS official page that gives an idea of what the plan is going forward.

@MasterDarkwingz Ah, you beat me to the punch. I was locked in that 180 second post Hell, lol.

Also, this response will also be late, because my god this 180 seconds thing is annoying. I could see new accounts being flagged, but accounts that are well established should be placed on some type of cleared list.

@Anarchy-Marine This got mentioned to dreamweaver and he said he would look into it because he agreed that whatever the system is, it should not exist.

@Nevyara said in Improving the community:

@Anarchy-Marine This got mentioned to dreamweaver and he said he would look into it because he agreed that whatever the system is, it should not exist.

Well, if it worked on the bots posting in the forums, and they were slowed, imagine how bad it would be if it didn't exist. I think if they can figure out the cause, they should reverse engineer it to slow, or stop the spam from new user accounts, like through a verification system. Without it, I fear those spam posts will be doubled or tripled before a mod can get to it. And legitimate new users could be cleared by GM's this way.

@Anarchy-Marine They are also working on a separate system to deal with those spammers as well, I suspect that is probably why we haven't seen the removal of the whole, your account is new, please wait, even though people have legit been on the forums since base launch.

@Nevyara said in Improving the community:

@Anarchy-Marine They are also working on a separate system to deal with those spammers as well, I suspect that is probably why why haven't seen the removal of the whole, your account is new, please wait, even though people have legit been on the forums since base launch.

We also have had the drama rousers who need that same new user treatment.

@MasterDarkwingz You mean people like Rain? And yeah, but not right out of the gate. Just a warning when the new system is implemented, give everyone a fair shake.

The problem is that a lot of the suggestions made early on, especially in regards to global more or less pleading with SEGA for customizable chat options in game, was that they did not listen. The adults were literally trying to warn SEGA about the children that were going to abuse it, said abuse finally occurred, SEGA was shocked and took said toys away, and are fuming that global couldn't behave themselves.

We tried, we were ignored until it hurt their bottom line, and now are they are not happy with us. sigh

But in terms of suggestions to improve the community/raise moral:

• With the changes occurring, please also include a streamer mode for streamers that disables all chat/bubbles/whispers/SA's and stamps so that we don't have a repeat of the last instance.

• Have the UQ bosses drop a random weapon/unit with a fixa and or introduce a way for players to exchange a certain amount of units/weapons to a vendor to obtain a specific weapon/unit with the particular fixa they desire, with the requirements scaling based off the level of the fixa. Honestly, fixa's do NOT affect BP in any way currently, therefore having all the best gear available right now is not going to mean anything when the new region releases due to the BP more than likely rising as we advance further in the story and us having to replace the gear anyways.

• Customizable chat filter on the user side, similar to the one BDO has. Spammers are not a problem at all there, no matter how many accounts they create, because you put their website in the filter and it is done; you never see the message again.

• Others have discussed it, but a timer for auto chat. They are fun to use, but if you have one for getting healed by another player and someone decides to spam their aoe healing ability, your character in turn spams area chat with their auto chat. Give us the ability to set an auto chat timer so that instead of the auto chat going off all the time instantly, we can set it to have an auto chat go off every 1, 2, or 3 minutes.

• Provide base PSO2 with the weapon badge shop discussed here.

• Bring back a schedule for the UQ's. The random appearance of these UQ's is causing more harm than good. The game is already suffering from player retention due to their being a lack of things to do and the only meaningful content to engage in appears randomly. You are asking the players to more or less log in and stand around waiting for an UQ or gigantix to appear, since most players are pretty tired of grinding the same mobs in the same regions for an extremely low chance at a drop that would benefit their class. Plus, it just is not good game design at all to have a game where you have the player base just sit and wait for things to do. From what I can tell, the players themselves are either watching their shows/playing another game while chatting with their friends in Central City waiting for UQ's and Gigantix, making the game more or less a glorified chatting simulator in its current state. While these players logging in may be good to present in your investor reports as "active daily players", the actual truth is your players are just sitting around in Central City engaging in other activities, or other video games entirely, until an UQ or giga appears. This is really not okay.

• Bring back trading and free fun passes for f2p. The whole "disabling trading to stop rmt" and or restricting access to a games auction house/player shop to stop RMT, argument has never worked in any game and history has shown that it only hurts legitimate players. The market on global is a mess, and f2p are really struggling to earn the meseta in game since the most reliable way to earn is through selling on the player shop. You're already giving players a free SG pull a day, perhaps consider giving a free AC pull a week to players or allow players to sell SG items. It would especially help f2p if they get a lucky enough pull to then be able to participate in the market that they have been locked out of due the poor decision to strip from them any means to make money on it without whipping out a CC. The player shop is controlled by whales and dolphins and that is not okay since a f2p games majority population is the free to play players themselves.

• Per @MasterDarkwingz suggestion, add designated RP blocks for those in our community who enjoy engaging in that form of gameplay without risk of facing backlash and or criticism from other players who may not wish to see it.

I want an RP Block in Base PSO2 and NGS where users can use Auto Chat without having to hear people moan about stuff like-

"Oh, I don't want to turn the option off, but please shut up/stop spamming."

Would be a nice idea to gather the RP Alliance community together.

ERPs can happen in the Screenshot Studio now, so I don't know how the mods will handle that level of open RP on an RP block.

It might even be a nice tradeoff for those who aren't emotionally numb towards an Alliance exclusive Discord.

@MasterDarkwingz said in Improving the community:

I want an RP Block in Base PSO2 and NGS where users can use Auto Chat without having to hear people moan about stuff like-

"Oh, I don't want to turn the option off, but please shut up."

Would be a nice idea to gather the RP Alliance community together.

ERPs can happen in the Screenshot Studio now, so I don't know how the mods will handle that level of open RP on an RP block.

It might even be a nice tradeoff for those who aren't emotionally numb towards an Alliance exclusive Discord.

This. I'm tired of people complaining about pet peeves, over real issues, like bugs that still haven't been patched out yet, or lack of anything to keep bringing players back, like content that's fun and engaging enough, that people love to play over and over again, like what we had in base. And having a place where people that want to Role Play in general, without being judged for it, or it causing someone to create an in game suggestion thread about why certain features need to be removed, would be a great improvement.

@MasterDarkwingz That's one I hadn't considered, though admittedly I am not big on the RP scene. Mind if I add it to the list?