Legitimate threads outright deleted?

There's been a couple of threads that have been outright deleted, not locked as I assume is standard procedure. Granted, they were made by Zenchi, but aren't mods supposed to lock a thread and not completely nuke it?

A ton of users also got banned. Even people who weren't ZENCHI.

I do agree that locking some of the threads probably would've been the better route to take, but the one praising a well known streamer was in no ways legitimate and deserved to be nuked.

I reported the racist/homophobic troll accounts, plus the zenchi alts.

Just a reminder the end of the Guidelines. - "Our moderators have the right to edit, move, or delete any posts, threads, or comments at their discretion for those who fail to follow these guidelines. We may issue warnings and will assess at times, temporary or permanent bans to violating users, depending upon the severity of their actions. These Community Guidelines work in conjunction with the EULA and TOS."

@dreamweaver said in Legitimate threads outright deleted?:

Just a reminder the end of the Guidelines. - "Our moderators have the right to edit, move, or delete any posts, threads, or comments at their discretion for those who fail to follow these guidelines. We may issue warnings and will assess at times, temporary or permanent bans to violating users, depending upon the severity of their actions. These Community Guidelines work in conjunction with the EULA and TOS."

Quick question. Do you guys have access to seeing who is using which account on the forums? For example, I know ZENCHI remakes his account a lot, but can you tell if a user is ZENCHI?

@dreamweaver That is fine, you do whatever you feel is right. I just hope you don't mind if I happen to disagree with you, respectfully of course.

@NIC said in Legitimate threads outright deleted?:

Quick question. Do you guys have access to seeing who is using which account on the forums? For example, I know ZENCHI remakes his account a lot, but can you tell if a user is ZENCHI?

That feels a tad bit more inside baseball but I don't think we do. If we do that's not a thing that I am aware of. If a ban occurs the mod doing the banning should look at the reports and context and not just a name.

@dreamweaver I understand why it was done, but deleting threads without addressing why in a post before locking it is unprecedented on this forum.

@Nevyara Nope, not at all. Moderation is a fluid thing, not every decision will be the right one, that's why you review them.

That feels a tad bit more inside baseball but I don't think we do. If we do that's not a thing that I am aware of. If a ban occurs the mod doing the banning should look at the reports and context and not just a name.

So just a heads up, users don't know why they are banned when they get banned because the forums doesn't support it. I made a joke account in one of the threads, and y'all banned it despite it breaking no rules, and only posting once.

Just for the name.

AS far as I am aware, no rules exist about multiple forums accounts, so I am confused as to why the account was banned without warning, despite breaking no rules, when all I did was post in a thread that was swept off the forums.

@Nevyara Nope, not at all. Moderation is a fluid thing, not every decision will be the right one, that's why you review them.

We can not review them.

@The-Merfox said in Legitimate threads outright deleted?:

@dreamweaver I understand why it was done, but deleting threads without addressing why in a post before locking it is unprecedented on this forum.

Most times there is a good reason to lock and leave up a post before removal, others there is not. In general it's not a requirement that we do it and it also isn't something that should be done frequently. But there is nothing preventing it.

So just a heads up, users don't know why they are banned when they get banned because the forums doesn't support it. I made a joke account in one of the threads, and y'all banned it despite it breaking no rules, and only posting once.

Just for the name.

AS far as I am aware, no rules exist about multiple forums accounts, so I am confused as to why the account was banned without warning, despite breaking no rules, when all I did was post in a thread that was swept off the forums.

We can not review them.

The "you" I was referring to was universal, not you specifically. Sorry should have been more clear. I can review the bans.

@The-Merfox He didn't lock the threads though, they were deleted. Why would he announce his reasons for deleting a thread and then nuking it so no one can view it? That makes no sense.

Again, I do agree that some should have been locked, especially near the end when they were so derailed and going nowhere that way others could view and see for themselves the reason why it was locked. At the end of the day, the mod is going to do what they think is best. There may be circumstances they are also contending with in the background that we are not aware of.

Either way, it's nice to see a moderator online and active for once and communicating with us here rather than just be silent and nuking the pages left and right.

@Nevyara I know that, please re-read my post. I said that nuking a thread outright is unheard of. Usually it's locked with a post addressing why.