Thank you, SEGA

Your recent moderation stance is much appreciated. I know there is vocal hate, but it's just proof you are doing the right thing. It'll lead to a long term better community and one that'll grow organically.

😊

This post is deleted!

@Azuha said in Thank you, SEGA:

"All of the recent criticism that you are getting is a sign that you're absolutely correct! By dismissing all contrary opinions and claiming perfection, you'll be able to foster the small echochamber community that totally will grow rather than shrink!"

Honestly, it makes me question if people like you are actually the ones hoping that the global server crashes and burns rather than all the doomsayers.

Why did you change the wording of what I said to a completely different message?

Looks like a bait thread coming from a relatively new account with 1 post.

SEGA didn't do enough bans 👎

This post is deleted!

@HarmlessSyan said in Thank you, SEGA:

Looks like a bait thread coming from a relatively new account with 1 post.

SEGA didn't do enough bans 👎

That doesn't even make sense. I'm showing support for SEGA for them improving their moderation.

Unless you have proof they banned someone unjustly, like a photo or a video.... idk weird thing to say.

This thread is going to be great. I can already tell.

@TranamanaAU said in Thank you, SEGA:

Ban all of the transphobes! ⚧️ 💙 ❤

Yes, let's just ban people you don't agree with, because that means your morality is automatically better than theirs if you just get rid of them. You don't get to do that in society, so you can't or shouldn't want that in game. Just block these people, don't socialize with them and move on. Be the mature adult in this situation, because stooping to the level of someone that mistreats you, makes you no better than they are. You don't change the hearts of others by becoming the person you wish to change. You do that by becoming the change you wish to see in the world, lead by example. If your example is to simply silence your detractors, you become no better than a fascist, or a tyrannical dictator.

There are a lot of people I don't agree with in life, and the one thing I don't do is call for them to be treated, in a way I wouldnt wish to be treated in their shoes. Let them be ignorant, let them co-exist with you, but don't become them, and watch as they lose friends as society changes around them, forcing them to rethink how they treat others. You won't gain that with persecution or condemnation.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Thank you, SEGA:

Yes, let's just ban people you don't agree with, because that means your morality is automatically better than theirs if you just get rid of them. You don't get to do that in society, so you can't or shouldn't want that in game. Just block these people, don't socialize with them and move on. Be the mature adult in this situation, because stooping to the level of someone that mistreats you, makes you no better than they are. You don't change the hearts of others by becoming the person you wish to change. You do that by becoming the change you wish to see in the world, lead by example. If your example is to simply silence your detractors, you become no better than a fascist, or a tyrannical dictator.

There are a lot of people I don't agree with in life, and the one thing I don't do is call for them to be treated, in a way I wouldnt wish to be treated in their shoes. Let them be ignorant, let them co-exist with you, but don't become them, and watch as they lose friends as society changes around them, forcing them to rethink how they treat others. You won't gain that with persecution or condemnation.

"transphobe" implies the person is promoting hatred which in turn is against the rules. People who promote hate on anyone will be moderated. It's not a new concept.

Hope this image does an adequate enough job reflecting my feelings on this thread.

SipsTea.png

@taetett said in Thank you, SEGA:

"transphobe" implies the person is promoting hatred which in turn is against the rules. People who promote hate on anyone will be moderated. It's not a new concept.

Considering how heated politics, identity or otherwise, is right now, that's going to kill an already dying game. They should have in game chat bans, instead of full on account bans. Repeat offenders get treated differently. Point is, outright bans will solve nothing.

Edit: Upon further inspection, that other account I replied to earlier might be a troll account.

Man, that's a really bad hill to die on in a thread not worth the time. Bait taken, I guess.

Considering how heated politics, identity or otherwise, is right now, that's going to kill an already dying game. They should have in game chat bans, instead of full on account bans. Repeat offenders get treated differently. Point is, outright bans will solve nothing.

They do have chat bans. Their ban system scales on how bad what you're doing is and if you are a repeat offender or not.

I disagree that this is a "dying game", feels kinda buzzwordy. If anything, a place with proper moderation promotes more players to feel safe and want to hang around than unmoderated chaos.

@NIC said in Thank you, SEGA:

Man, that's a really bad hill to die on in a thread not worth the time. Bait taken, I guess.

You referring to me? Or is this in reference to someone that's blocked you?

They do have chat bans. Their ban system scales on how bad what you're doing is and if you are a repeat offender or not.

I disagree that this is a "dying game", feels kinda buzzwordy. If anything, a place with proper moderation promotes more players to feel safe and want to hang around than unmoderated chaos.

I wasn't aware of that system, so news to me. And the game is nowhere near where it was last month even. Feels barren, and few players on my ship at least do anything besides sit in the city, and chat. It feels dead.