More communication function changes coming. SA and chat.

https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/announcement67227

Some obvious things that should have been done from the start. Its not really enough, IMO, considering the possible content. But its a start.

This is great news. That they are finally implementing basic chat customization on the user end is a good step to take after what occurred. And if they are planning on paying for streamers to stream their game in the future, this sort of customization is must, considering people love to stream snipe for whatever reason.

It may have taken them a bit to finally get here, but I am glad it is finally happening.

This post is deleted!

You ban the offenders then prevent damage from further offenders by improving mitigation. Yes, that's how enforcing anything works.

I just want an option that hides other people entirely tbh.

@Zoe said in More communication function changes coming. SA and chat.:

I just want an option that hides other people entirely tbh.

I like this person.

Seriously, though, let me turn off chat bubbles entirely while we're at it.

So... it's getting options and Send to Area won't be the default but will exist? Awesome. Nothing to complain about here. 👍

@JudgementCut said in More communication function changes coming. SA and chat.:

Wait so first they ban everyone, then they implement a patch to their own [snip] up???

Showing your hand there, guy. I thought you believed those punishments were in error and didn't need the punished users to say anything, but now you're saying they are to do with offensive chat and symbol art? Which is it?

Also it's not Sega's [snip] up when a player says something offensive. That's on them.

Really good news! I am very glad that they are implementing measures to chat functions and restoring Symbol Arts, finally. Just got to wait one month though, but I guess it can't be helped.

I am a bit giddy at the news that SAs will be re-enabled. I will finally (again) be able to send well-timed and appropriate kitty emotes. I was about to spend an ungodly amount of SG just to get the Ran Stamp. I know some of my alliance members that are artists may even come back. Best news to come of this game in some time.

I also look forward to the implementation of selective blocking of SAs from users. In the past, I had to outright block/mute users in order to not see their hentai SAs. This new function enables me to give these users a sort of benefit-of-the-doubt scenario in which they may be SA spammers but helpful in quests, or perhaps fun to talk to otherwise.

The show or hide online status change is somewhat of an odd one. I am currently able to disable and re-enable those settings in game....I think? Perhaps I am wrong though...I do remember seeing the ability to change what I see over player's head from the quick menu on XBox-like alliance membership or level- though this might not be in the game yet. It will certainly help block out the more notorious online statuses I see roaming around on Ship 3 (a certain 'hentai oppai loli' comes to mind).

Best news in a while. I'm happy to see that they will be returning soon.

That's a good start. I still hope that one day they also give us toggles for chat bubbles and chat cut ins.

@Shinryu-M said in More communication function changes coming. SA and chat.:

That's a good start. I still hope that one day they also give us toggles for chat bubbles and chat cut ins.

I want timers for Send Auto Chat. As much as I love it, there are times when it annoys even me.

(IE- Send 1 Per Minute or Send One Per Two Minutes versus the Automatic Trigger with no rest.)

Sometime in the future they should attatch a rating to each SA after review and allow you to toggle the display of SA by rating. All crisis will be averted.

@MasterDarkwingz and yea, autochat happens way too often. My own autochat eventually got annoying lol. It would be nice if the autochat screen had frequency options.

Fixing the autochat cut-in spam is a must, then I can eventually clean out my blocklist, since most people in it have autochat cut-ins that go off every two seconds.

Autochats themselves are fine, cut-ins are OK, but there are people who abuse both systems and make it so you can't see what is going on in a boss battle.

I made it a personal rule to only put cut-ins on autochats that only go off once or twice and that's it, plus the autochat triggers that are the most frequent are still left blank.

@LazerRay I dont think everyone is doing it for the purpose of making it hard/impossible to see whats going on in the fight. If Sega were in the mindset of constant improvement to all the games function and ui this would have been taken care of years ago.