Meanwhile, Japans 2nd post on Malicious acts ban waves

This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!

@Prancing_Cat My point being that if something is not allowed in one mode of communication it is natural to assume that it wouldn't be in any other mode of communication linked to that service.

I would still wager that no one is going to be headhunting over private messages without probable cause.

@Prancing_Cat Look, there were boards, now nuked, that had 4chan users planning on false flagging accounts, as to do just this. They create probable cause, which in turn caused some of the ERP players to get ousted. I'm surprised you haven't put two and two together. The possibility of one rogue agent amongst the GM's is probable, but low, the more likely issue, is that GM's aren't taking into account that perhaps some of the reports they have been getting lately, since they managed to ban the more toxic subset of players, are likely falsified and that if someone was banned for ERP, they mistook that for the reason the report was made, (because communication violation is one of the more vague options you can report for in the game, like harassment is) assumed that the ERP players in question were harassing other players, and by their guidelines, temp, or permanently banned players, because their handbook said such talk wasn't allowed.

I still believe private conversations should remain private, but I also believe, given what's happening with these trolls right now, players getting reported, and the reports themselves should be more thoroughly investigated by moderation staff, and that for the time being, players just stick to private Discords for explicit conversations. That's all anyone can ask for right now, until a more permanent solution for said trolls is discovered.

@Prancing_Cat said in Meanwhile, Japans 2nd post on Malicious acts ban waves:

@HarmlessSyan said in Meanwhile, Japans 2nd post on Malicious acts ban waves:

@John-Paul-RAGE

五.性交及びわいせつな行為を目的とした出会い等を誘導する行為。

DeepL > 5. Acts of inducing encounters, etc. for the purpose of sexual intercourse and obscene acts.

This line is to prohibit people asking to meet IRL for sexual purposes.

Again, out of nearly 20 years of playing JP MMOs, I have yet seen JP or Taiwanese communities "RP" in game much less ERP.

Then you are just blind there is even forums, discord groups and twitter accounts only for that.

That is a earth flatter argument.

There's a bit of difference in having forums/discord/twitter where you need to specifically look for them to find them compared to what westerners do openly in chat in a MMO - is this not what this is about, getting banned in game for ERP. I'm currently playing FFXIV on Balmung - you go to Uldah and your chat log will be filled with these stuff. You won't find this on JP PSO2 or JP community on FFXIV.

This post is deleted!

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Meanwhile, Japans 2nd post on Malicious acts ban waves:

I would still wager that no one is going to be headhunting over private messages without probable cause.

My main concern is that there will be a scenario where someone gets reported for something let's say, the whole derogatory message because they told a nsfw joke in general chat for whatever reason, so "harassment".

Well, what if that same person just so happened to ERP with someone a few days prior. When the GM receives the flag on the account, because a simple drop down menu is used, and since I bet a vast majority of players aren't going to take the time to type out what they exactly witnessed, but rather just flag the account for the what they feel best fits the situation, in this case the "harassment" option, the GM is therefore provided NO CONTEXT for the flag, but they have the flag so they have to search for what caused said flag to being with, so what will they be looking for? They have nothing to go off of to begin with, so they are already in the position to go fishing (probable cause).

I think this is the problem that a lot of users are, rightfully, concerned with. Because in this scenario, if the GM is going through the logs date by date, they will stumble upon the ERP session first. Now that we have clearly been told that ERP is against the ToS, if the GM sees this, will they issue the suspensions based on discovering this, as well as the participant, because even though one account was flagged, they caught two players engaging in an action that is not accepted in game?

The user in question then receives a vague e-mail from SEGA saying their account has been suspended/permanently banned/chat locked, something, they suffer some kind of consequence for their actions under harassment because the GM found that they participated in ERP even though they were initially reported for the nsfw joke. Since the user has no context for receiving the account action, most likely due to the GM not having that information themselves, this user might feel like he was reported and punished for the ERP session, not the NSFW joke told in general chat.

So again, many players are rightfully worried and until there is some kind of announcement, statement, something to give players peace of mind, you're going to have a playerbase feeling rightfully cautious, wary and outright discouraged on many fronts. I get that in order to help combat bots you wanted to make "reporting" easier, but now, I think not only should a player wishing to support someone pick the most appropriate tag to report under, but also provide the gm with the context for said flag to begin with. That will in turn lead to the GM knowing exactly what to look for, and when they do issue whatever form of punishment they do, they can also provide the user with the context as well.

If you want to enforce the rules more strictly, fine, but do not do it half fast. Make reporting players provide a more thorough account of the incident they want to report as well, like adding a day/time the incident was witnessed as well as a small description, because as it stands, the way the reporting system is now is open to abuse.

@Berserk-Nevi In agreement with what you are saying. Even so, a NSFW joke of all things shouldn't be bannable, unless the context was that the person making the report, asked the other user to please stop, and they got a no in response. Context always matters in these cases, and some rightfully want to know that said context is what's being seen. If someone stops what someone took offense to upon request, and yet was still reported, and earlier did ERP, I'm sorry that still shouldn't result in an immediate ban. In that context, the person was breaking ToS, but he or she respected other users wishes, and wasn't being a detriment to the community.

Only people that do stuff with the intent of causing problems, making people upset, and people that don't not take responsibility for their actions should be banned from this game. And the severity should be determined by their actions. Not held In a blanket form where everyone's offenses are treated the same.

@Anarchy-Marine I agree, however I still had to present a pretty basic scenario to get to my main points. Right now, due the GM's more than likely having no information for the reports outside of the simple options that players choose in game, whether they want to admit it or not, unless the report they receive includes the time/date and an actual description of what to look for, they are more or less, snooping through player accounts that have been flagged to try and find whatever it was they were flagged for.

Every report should include a date & time stamp as well as a brief description to combat against this. We as players, have just as much of a responsibility to provide the GMs with the information so they know exactly what they are looking for so they can handle the situation accordingly as much as they have a responsibility of making sure they conduct their investigations fairly and without bias. Sending a report to a GM about a problem without context means they are already going to be biased in searching for a problem.

Has some irrefutable facts surfaced that you can say the moderators are doing their job poorly? If yes, i must have missed it. If not, why the fudge do you believe any claims some random schumck posts over the internet? Are you dense (yes, this is a question for all of you)?

@Yggranya said in Meanwhile, Japans 2nd post on Malicious acts ban waves:

Has some irrefutable facts surfaced that you can say the moderators are doing their job poorly?

Nope.

If not, why the fudge do you believe any claims some random schumck posts over the internet? Are you dense (yes, this is a question for all of you)?

Most everyone here isn't taking what the trolls are saying at face value. However, most players still have legitimate concerns and I proposed a scenario which does present a potential flaw with the report system that could be abused (UNLESS there is some policy in the background that GM's must follow that specifically states that they must ONLY search through a reported users chat logs for infractions on the same day that those infractions are received, which would completely nullify my scenario, but again, I wouldn't have this information as a customer of the game, now would I?) and which could also be easily rectified if they added 2 options (date/time) as well as make it mandatory that a player wishing to report another player for a problem provide a brief description as to why, like almost every other game out there.

It is a win-win for everyone. The players have more peace of mind, the GM's know exactly what to look for when going through the logs, which would probably save them time, time that they can turn right back around and use detailing in their email to the user why they got slapped with some form of account action to begin with.

@Berserk-Nevi So inflating the drama is just an excuse to attempt to make sega remember that they aren't beyond reproach, and you all will keep reminding them until they go to damage control, then use the ensuing chaos to parrot about changes desirable to you in an attempt to make them do it to shut you up? Ok, whatever...

I realize that i've basically said before that that is the only way to make a company listen, but i'd imagine it being used on something more productive than ganging up on some moderators who may or may not be on a power trip/confused with lack of direction/just doing their job as best they can. Get some proof, then do what comes naturally.

@Yggranya Yea I know. Sucks that there are players literally in fear of talking in game right now because they have genuine concerns because off all the drama.

The ones ganging up on moderators, well oh boy, do I have a fun story for you.

@Prancing_Cat said in Meanwhile, Japans 2nd post on Malicious acts ban waves:

@HarmlessSyan said in Meanwhile, Japans 2nd post on Malicious acts ban waves:

@John-Paul-RAGE

五.性交及びわいせつな行為を目的とした出会い等を誘導する行為。

DeepL > 5. Acts of inducing encounters, etc. for the purpose of sexual intercourse and obscene acts.

This line is to prohibit people asking to meet IRL for sexual purposes.

Again, out of nearly 20 years of playing JP MMOs, I have yet seen JP or Taiwanese communities "RP" in game much less ERP.

Then you are just blind there is even forums, discord groups and twitter accounts only for that.

That is a earth flatter argument.

Banning social aspects from social games is a flat earther argument. This game is M rated. Yet gets the PG treatment.

It's sad we live in a world where feelings are more important than facts