Why did you delete the Tweet in which you said PC players would not be missing beta content?

@Leonkh99 I wish this didn't suprise people. COVID-19 is no joke.

@John-Paul-RAGE I bet it's going to be a lot slower than one episode per month, I am okay with that though. I am in ZERO rush for episode 6 + liberate gear. All I want is PA/Tech crafting and I'll be happy.

@DKGJustus , I had a theory that SEGA does have some 'key dates' in mind that they are working towards. However, to avoid having to announce any 'delay' they do not wish to disclose what these key dates are in case that they come to realize these won't be met. So long as they get the game released on Xbox One and PC within "Spring 2020" (which in Business terms, is between April and June), then they technically can pretend that was their plan all along.

I'm starting to believe that the COVID-19 virus could in fact be affecting them for sure now but they aren't going to make any announcement if only cause they feel the game will still be done by Spring. They are trying to avoid any implication of any sort of delay completely...

I also have a theory. SEGA has found some kind of a tax loophole and are now tirelessly working around the clock for the game to fail in NA. The faster they burn through Phil Spencers money the faster they can laugh all the way to the bank.

@Leonkh99 said in Why did you delete the Tweet in which you said PC players would not be missing beta content?:

@Ranmaru, just a minor correction... but this isn't up to Microsoft. The NA version is being handled by Sega themselves... more specifically Sega of Japan's team managing the JP version. They are the ones who:

• Port the game to Xbox One.
  • Run the game servers.
  • Put up Patch Updates.
  • Implement the localization files.

In the case of lack of information... all it comes down to is either them not telling ESTsoft (the Community Team) details on the PC version or having a strong NDA against bringing up the PC version's date yet.

If Msoft has any sort of time exclusive deal going on and it's almost certain that they do, none of that really matters as it could be in contract not to detail other systems for exactly the reason @Ranmaru mentioned. PC might be going through Msoft initially as well but that doesn't bring them in xbox live money or console sales. Who really is to blame is anyone's guess but it can be said for certain it's not ESTsoft. They'll never be more than just the middle man.

What isn't a guess though is how fricken terrible it is that there even is a middle man. It almost guarantees a rough future for any sort of dev <> western player interaction. One because they don't care enough to do it themselves, and two, anything voiced from our end now has to go through a filter before they even see it. Instead of seeing the whole picture they'll only be getting what's passed along to them.

This kind of reminds me of FFXIV's NA customer service back in the day. The only response I got was basically "we have no power to do LITERALLY ANYTHING. That will need to be passed on to the JP offices for resolution." Maybe that's changed now, maybe not, haven't needed to contact them in years, but fact of the matter is middle men are just heckin' inefficient in so many ways.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE Thing is... there's always going to be that middleman... if its not ESTsoft its SEGA of America; MMO releases are not just handing over the entire source code to the game and letting them do as they please.

The reason that middleman is there at all is simple... Sega of Japan's main resources are focused on the JP version and they have admitted once in an interview concerning PSO2 NA that they didn't understand the Western market too well... thats the whole point of having Western branches and outsourcing!

Aside from delays in communication... the main issue is not so much the existence of that middleman but how willing to listen is Sega of Japan...

It's a shame that us PC players are being left in the dark without so much as a estimated release date. It was initially suggested that the game would be released to both XBOX and PC players around/at the same time. This obviously gives an edge to all players who play during beta on XBOX as they can get ahead of the crowd by several levels and items obtained through the Beta.

You guys have literally zero comprehension skills.

You keep talking to me about me being "Entitled" and "bratty" and that "I want a PC early release" and all other stupid and ridiculous arguments and accusations about how i am impatient and can´t wait.

-First of all, i am a PSO2 JP player, i have been playing the game for eight years, and i will continue to play the game long after PSO2NA closes it´s doors, if history repeats itself.

-Secondly, i own an XBOX ONE, i could be playing PSO2NA right now if that was what had me concerned.

I have explained a dozen times what the issues are and the reason why we are complaining, and so did other posters both here and in other related threads, but you refuse to understand or care because to do so , would prevent you from being defensive and petty.

Then again, these very same literal discussions and accusations were also thrown around back in the PSU era, and history has shown us who was right at the end.

@PA-Naterion said in Why did you delete the Tweet in which you said PC players would not be missing beta content?:

PC Release Delayed till end of year in Q4 or spring 2021 due to Covid-19

What's that? It's 2052 and PC release is happening in Q3?? Excellent!

I'm placing my bet now. These banners are gonna come and go before the PC Release. Watch the next Mission Pass includes all the items that PC players "might" miss. I just want to "Extended Game Mode" my Mission Pass which seems bugged or I'm missing something very important.

@Diamond-Cats258 said in Why did you delete the Tweet in which you said PC players would not be missing beta content?:

I'm placing my bet now. These banners are gonna come and go before the PC Release. Watch the next Mission Pass includes all the items that PC players "might" miss. I just want to "Extended Game Mode" my Mission Pass which seems bugged or I'm missing something very important.

Possible . It’s also possible the founder packs may be released for limited time as it comes to each platform until anything is confirmed nothing is consider exclusive excluding maybe the Xbox outfit

As a PC player I'm about to just say forget this waiting around and move on to a different game. Final Fantasy 14 looks really good and I keep hearing good things about it. I would love to play PSO2NA but this whole strategy is going to doom the game. Better off jumping on the JP servers.

I find it unfortunate that Sega is yet again neglecting the future of a western PSO2 release. First it was when they announced that a North American version was coming out (years ago) and canceled those plans shortly after. Then, they released a South East Asia (SEA) version that was IP blocked? (if I recall). That ultimately failed as well.

Now, we have PSO2 in the west yet again, but, the game is heavily underpopulated because Sega is pushing too heavily on exclusivity in a heavily-under-performing platform like Xbox. It pains me to see the couple hundred streamers for this new (in the West) and unique game. Even if it is an 8 year old game, it should have more popularity and attention than it's getting.

What we need in these difficult times is some good news. What we need is for SEGA to push forward with the PC release so that the game might still be alive when us PC players can finally get our hands on it (in the West). That, or player population continues to dwindle and they cancel their PC plans before it even comes to fruition.

You know the sad reality of this is the Xbox players dont care because they have the game and can play it.... their only response is go buy a Xbox.... well ill tell you this most of us didn't spend 1500 or more on gaming PC to go spend another 200+ to buy a game system for one game.. The whole thing that is getting on PC players nerves is the fact that

1. there has been no communication what so ever about the PC version other than soon
  2. They are deleting tweets that said PC players would have a chance to get the Beta rewards and stuff
  3. This is the 3rd time PC players have been black balled by Sega...

As for that Sega is going to kill this game by slow rolling content out... episode 4 and 5 should be out already....

@NezumiiXD said in Why did you delete the Tweet in which you said PC players would not be missing beta content?:

You know the sad reality of this is the Xbox players dont care because they have the game and can play it.... their only response is go buy a Xbox.... well ill tell you this most of us didn't spend 1500 or more on gaming PC to go spend another 200+ to buy a game system for one game.. The whole thing that is getting on PC players nerves is the fact that

1. there has been no communication what so ever about the PC version other than soon
  2. They are deleting tweets that said PC players would have a chance to get the Beta rewards and stuff
  3. This is the 3rd time PC players have been black balled by Sega...

As for that Sega is going to kill this game by slow rolling content out... episode 4 and 5 should be out already....

I do find it silly that the response is buy a new console to play 1 game that is F2P then buy online for said console that will eventually be released for PC. I get the whole play the JPN servers though as it would cost you nothing to do so as a pc player . I plan to do nether and wait patiently tbh .

Communication I do agree could be improved . I do understand however we do have a lot of things with the virus around and such which may result in lower staff . I do feel though just a QnA on the same questions asked daily may help though regarding founder packs and such outside of Xbox . I understand dates will be delayed and open beta date has even been announced .

In a way it’s good it’s only up to episode 3 . You’d only have people complaining more if that was the case . There’s only a set cap I assume you will even reach on episode 3 in terms of gear and levels and such . If it was already all released well you’d have people already progressing to max gear and people would whine more of the Xbox headstart . Like say episode 4 is released a few months after pc well that gives pc time to catch up . Sure Xbox would have more mesta opportunities but pc and Xbox on a whole would be eventually on even playing fields on episode 4 content and items in terms of finding then again I would assume I have yet to play pso2 but i am assuming that’s one of the reasons prehaps others like having to translate 4-6?