Why did you delete the Tweet in which you said PC players would not be missing beta content?

Back when you first announced the exclusive beta items on Twitter, you replied to your own Tweet to calm people down and assure us that while you could not confirm when or if PC players would geta beta test period, you could confirm that PC players would also get a chance to obtain the items, and that PC players would not be missing any content present in the XBOX beta.

I even replied to it and you replied to me in turn, saying that more information would be available at a later time. But lo and behold.

alt text

So, what is up with that, and are PC players still going to be able to receive that content?

Because we all know there are time-limited things such as the first line of AC scratches and the Mission passes and others that are not making things look all that good or hopeful for the PC community, and now this.

You guys really need to communicate with us. I think we deserve better than hushed whispers and deafening silence.

Its obvious.

Beta is over next Tuesday then the official launch will likely be after the maintenance. PC isn't here yet so they deleted the tweet regarding it because they couldn't keep their promise.

@GamerKillance said in Why did you delete the Tweet in which you said PC players would not be missing beta content?:

Its obvious.

Beta is over next Tuesday then the official launch will likely be after the maintenance. PC isn't here yet so they deleted the tweet regarding it because they couldn't keep their promise.

This is an assumption. While, it could be true, they could also have good news incoming. We won't know until they come out with a statement. Not everything is doom and gloom.

I do hope that we will get a reply and confirmation about this. For now, i agree with AmamanaAU about assumptions, but it is hard not to feel negative.

Yea, either Sega Japan or ESTSoft have been pretty bad at PR when it comes to the PC release this whole time, it's hard to not think negatively. Worst part is, we don't even know for sure who is to blame. Not that it matters.

Edit: Although, I just noticed that the Twitter stopped tweeting at least once a day since the 9th three days ago, so either the Covid-19 problems are going full force or something is happening.

The tradable items will be available to PC users cause they can buy them.

The twitter team uses Hootsuite to to schedule their tweets, but there isn't too much more to say without releasing news. If SEGA hasn't authorized any release of information, not too much to say honestly.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Why did you delete the Tweet in which you said PC players would not be missing beta content?:

The tradable items will be available to PC users cause they can buy them.

This would still make them fail their promise because not all items are tradable in nature.

Furthermore, we all know this is not what people intended when they asked about missing content and when they replied assuring us we would not be missing any beta content or items, between other reasons, because if that were the case they would not have needed to delete the Tweet.

Furthermore, even if some items are tradable, there is no way to ensure and guarantee supply, and therefore the Tweet would not make sense to begin with regardless.

Oh no, did plans change?!? Inconceivable, especially in this day and age.

@IfrianMMO I never saw anything stating the exclusive rewards would be available.

And the current Scratch is going until 4/28, the expectation is PC will be onboarded by then, but that is just an expectation.

All AC items are tradable tho.

@Ilúvatar said in Why did you delete the Tweet in which you said PC players would not be missing beta content?:

Oh no, did plans change?!? Inconceivable, especially in this day and age.

Please, keep your ninth grade snark to yourself.

First of all, it is disrespectful and dishonest to change plans and leave half the playerbase in disadvantage at the very launch of a new game, but above that, it is extremely disrespectful to do so without saying a word and on people´s backs.

But on top of that, and much more importantly, Sega/Phantasy Star has a 16 years long precedent and two different Phantasy Star games in which, per their own admission, they failed to deliver a proper PC experience and did not communicate with us properly.

In fact, back before half of you were even born, Sega had to publicly apologize to the PC players for the disaster that was their handling of Phantasy Star Universe on the Western PC release, and promised that they would never treat us like this again.

Yet they are doing it once again right as we speak.

If you cannot see a porblem with that, well, what can i say.

@IfrianMMO You honestly believe Sega has the same management back then as they do now? 😕 Sega's gone through massive corporate restructurings after cumulative amounts of issues like the failures of the 32X, Sega CD, Saturn and Dreamcast's and the death of Arcades in the west. The people responsible for PSU's failure probably got fired a long time ago...

what disadvantage though ?

@IfrianMMO I'm as cynical as they come, chum, but it seems reasonable to cut them some slack right now. I understand it is not enjoyable to wait, but patience is a virtue.

@Mattwo7 said in Why did you delete the Tweet in which you said PC players would not be missing beta content?:

@IfrianMMO You honestly believe Sega has the same management back then as they do now? 😕 Sega's gone through massive corporate restructurings after cumulative amounts of issues like the failures of the 32X, Sega CD, Saturn and Dreamcast's and the death of Arcades in the west. The people responsible for PSU's failure probably got fired a long time ago...

You are not wrong, but it does not really matter.

Yes, the staff is (mostly) new and they are not the same people that caused the BB/PSU failures.

That does not mean that all of their failures, responsbilities and moral obligations suddenly vanish because of a change in management, that does not work anywhere else and it does not work like that in the media industry either.

When you take over the mantle of a service or company that has a long history of failures and customer dissatisfaction, you do not get to wash your hands away from all those issues, that would be and is unreasonable.

Furthermore, they claimed to have studied and learned a lot of from previous failures in the series and promised not to repeat those same failures, when we first began expressing our doubts, so at this point they are responsible for their words regardless.

@Ilúvatar said in Why did you delete the Tweet in which you said PC players would not be missing beta content?:

@IfrianMMO I'm as cynical as they come, buddy, but it seems reasonable to cut them some slack right now.

I am not trying to be funy here, this is a honest question.

Why would we cut them any slack when they are basically doing the very same things they promised not to do, and are repeating the same mistakes they have been making for nearly 20 years?

It´s not just about the wait, it is everything related to it, and them going back on their words , and doing so on our backs.

It is not okay for them to sneakingly delete promises and hope no-one notices and it is hardly worth of slack-cutting.

It might have something to do with a global virus pandemic interfering with literally every aspect of normal life and delaying all sorts of things, I dunno.