Aside from the Height restrictions, is there any other thing censored in the global version of NGS?

I mean, like changes on existing costumes/gear, or the removal of those, or changes in story content/cutscenes/dialogs. Would like to know this before downloading 100GB

Yes and we have SJW GMs who ban you for stupid words which are CENSORED you whisper or talk in alliance too.

Seems like most of the in game censors are from base PSO2 which most of them carried over though a few did get reverted when they did graphic update.

But as for new NGS content, everything been made pretty mild from the beginning to not run into censorship problems. Most I can say is probably the NPC name changes and Symbol Arts getting disabled for area chat due to lewd and rmt spams while the function is still alive and kicking on the JP servers.

They changed an NPC name LMAO

The Episode 4 bath scenes are still "deleted" in base PSO2. That dummied out content is an internet search away though.

@JudgementCut

Well the controversial one was Diggah -> Excator, the JP has always been ディグホール "Dighole"

Dozer was changed from his JP name also, his name on JP is ブルーダー Bruda/Bruder/Brooder

There are other minor characters name changes that is more for localization - like the gate guards in central city, I haven't ran around on global since base PSO2 days so I can only assume

トウエン Touen -> Eastman

ホクシー Hokushi -> Northampton

セイマー Seima -> Weston

ナンデル Nanderu -> Southerton

might be more, but who cares at this point

In terms of what I recall that was censored:

• Episode 4 had the bath scenes involving a curious Xiera spying on young characters on their normal day life in the bathrooms/bathhouses being cut. These don't add anything particularly spicy to the story (other than that there were two distinct scenes that have callbacks to this but these aren't major story developments as much as they are more examples of showing Xiera's nosy behavior)
  • Episode 4 also has a removed clock in Hitsugi's room and gave clothes to Aru/Al and Hitsugi in scenes where they were originally nude (but nothing particularly lewd showing)
  • The "Slave" series of weapons was renamed to "Raven"
  • Auxiliaries/Partners refer to your character as "Handler" instead of "Master" (though this does not affect Lucotte who refers to your character as "Master" anyways)
  • On release, Hariette's basewear was merged with her innerwear but this has since been corrected with the Graphics Engine update (the basewear now functions the same as it did on the Japanese side).
  • Some vocabulary was changed over time (Blacklist -> Blocklist for example)

None of what was actually censored is game-breaking or has you missing anything from the game but I do have my gripes with what wasn't included on Global instead of what was cut. I don't think any of the censorship is particularly worth getting up in arms over as much as it is that there are still segments and snippets of the story that were never brought over in the first place.

@HarmlessSyan I suppose it makes sense for "Diggah", but it's certainly weird for the others.

At least it seems things aren't as bad compared to the original PSO2

Thread of over a hundred pages where we complain about pretty much every censored change.

H-game loli SA appears to be under moderator scrutiny, although there's only so much information I can discern from Reddit users complaining about the recent ban wave.

Lol, I forgot about "blacklist -> blocklist." All these words/names that got changed due to "muh perceived racism" is hilarious. Can't wait to see what's next in clown world.

@TagitsuH this u? jw would explain ur thread

lol it is

i get it noww)

They might as well rename all these N-items. Well, come to think of it they also might as well rename the game title.

Well this thread is certainly finding all children that scream censorship at everything over such minor changes.

@HarmlessSyan said in Aside from the Height restrictions, is there any other thing censored in the global version of NGS?:

There are other minor characters name changes that is more for localization - like the gate guards in central city, I haven't ran around on global since base PSO2 days so I can only assume

トウエン Touen -> Eastman

ホクシー Hokushi -> Northampton

セイマー Seima -> Weston

ナンデル Nanderu -> Southerton

might be more, but who cares at this point

To add a bit of extra clarification (just in case someone might think these were changed for no reason), those 4 names in japanese are based on the cardinal directions, so the localized names take the same idea but in a western way.

@n_n said in Aside from the Height restrictions, is there any other thing censored in the global version of NGS?:

Lol, I forgot about "blacklist -> blocklist." All these words/names that got changed due to "muh perceived racism" is hilarious. Can't wait to see what's next in clown world.

Slave weapons became Raven weapons for the same reason. Imagine looking at words like slave and blacklist and getting offended by them.