Techter vs Braver?

Hey Guys,

I was playing a quest with my friend who is a braver. He hit a boss for 23k with some charged shot with his bow, meanwhile the best I could hit the boss was 8k. His gear is just as good as mine and we are the same level. On my skill tree I leveled all the tech power up stuff and wondering is there something Im doing wrong? I'm using a wand and were both lvl 48. The fact that he can do more than double my damage makes me think I did something wrong with my build.

Any advise?

TE generally has the lowest single-target DPS in the game, and by a significant margin. It's unfortunate, but it's just the way it is.

This isn't to say that TE is bad. When you want party support, TE is by far the best.

Exact damage numbers have a lot of factors to consider: weapon, affixes, PA usage, class combination, skill levels, etc.

Yeah Techter is a class that absolutely shreds Mobs since the more enemies there are the faster a Techter can dispose of them. Single Target DPS is a little lacking but its not as bad as Ilúvatar makes it out to be. You are just comparing it to the probably best single target weapon in the game. Once Heavy Hammer and Compound Techniques Come out you'll have much more tools at your disposal to deal with Single Targets yourself and I really hope the NA version wont dick around with this "EP3 but not really" state for too long.

PSO2 class builds generally fall into 1 of three types. Either they excel at single-target DPS (bossing), Area of Effect (mob crowds) or they excel at neither as they aim for a balance.

At the end of the day however, everyone except for the balanced build has a weakness. So while your Braver friend may be taking down bosses with minimal effort, if that boss produced loads of mobs then your friend would really struggle to clear them out. What really matters in PSO2, as with any game, is; "Am I having fun?"

If you have the ultimate one-shot build but find it tedious and dull, then play something else.

@Kryyss-X said in Techter vs Braver?:

PSO2 class builds generally fall into 1 of three types. Either they excel at single-target DPS (bossing), Area of Effect (mob crowds) or they excel at neither as they aim for a balance.

At the end of the day however, everyone except for the balanced build has a weakness. So while your Braver friend may be taking down bosses with minimal effort, if that boss produced loads of mobs then your friend would really struggle to clear them out. What really matters in PSO2, as with any game, is; "Am I having fun?"

If you have the ultimate one-shot build but find it tedious and dull, then play something else.

Well said! Play to have fun. Enjoy the breadth of the story and lore. And all the beautiful environments, graphics, effects, etc.

If you focus too much on the Min Maxer side of playing you'll very likely grow tired, impatient, and troll-y in a few weeks max. ;~)

o/ =^.^=

A bow braver is definitely going to make you look silly on bosses, but you're going to make mobbing look hilariously easy by comparison to him, so know where your strengths are. If you need help playing the Techter the way it's meant to be played, it's better to figure out the real issues such as by posting your skill tree or telling us your sub, etc.

Like said before just have fun. All the classes aren't even out yet and you may end up liking one of those play styles more later. The good thing is you have a friend, and with teamwork you can enjoy the game and be ready for any situation. No one is going to look at you and be mad because you're not tanking a boss, but you can support your team to drop them quicker and better. But always remember you will eventually find you're playstyle and have fun playing around.