A way to switch the equipped weapon when equipping weapons.

Whenever I try and do a weapon refresh and go through my pallet to see which weapons are better than others, the positive and negative stat changes are only in reference to the weapon I have equipped. I can tell which one that is because the weapon pallet is highlighted in orange suggesting that it is my currently equipped weapon. For example, if I have a Rod equipped but I am trying to switch out a Talis for another Talis in my weapon equipment menu, it still only cross references it with the rod. I have to back out of the menu, use the D-pad to select the Talis I want to potentially swap, then go back into the weapon equip menu. If there are any other weapons, I have to repeat this process and it feel very tedious.

Could there be any way of changing your equipped weapon in the actual menu, or do I always have to do it outside the menu with the D-pad?

There's a feature in Destiny that would be very useful here, where you hold a button while a weapon is highlighted and it pulls up the stats of the weapon currently equipped in that same slot for a side-by-side comparison. While it is a bit easier in Destiny as weapons are defined as three classes (kinetic, energy, heavy) while PSO2 allows us to stick any weapon in any slot, it could still work the same way. When we select a slot anything we highlight would be compared to what's currently equipped in that slot.

Borderlands series I think did it best to be honest. You first click on the weapon already equipped in any slot, then hover over the weapon you want to compare it to. The downside is, you have to click on an equipped weapon first. You can't click on a weapon that's still in your inventory to compare between another inventory weapon.

I suppose a better title would be "A way to switch the equipped weapon when customizing weapon pallet". I do like how other MMOs have a hold button for comparing, does PSO2 have any more free menu buttons? I know R is for multi-select...

@Merelambasted said in A way to switch the equipped weapon when equipping weapons.:

I do like how other MMOs have a hold button for comparing

FFXIV doesn't. You have to have a weapon equipped and hover over the weapon you want to compare. Basically just like PSO2. You can't do a side-by-side either:

alt text

This weapon is actually comparing to my gunbreaker level 60 weapon, it only shows the stat value for attack/etc. You have to manually check its bonuses between each weapon just like PSO2. And if you attempt to compare a weapon that has a different attack stat than your currently equipped weapon (IE: Magic attack) it won't bother to compare at all:

alt text

@coldreactive I guess both games have been around for a similar amount of time so I can imagine it might be hard to work in. At least in FFXIV you can have your equipment open in a separate window from your character and switch out your weapons without backing out at all. As far as the console version of PSO2 I have to escape out of the menu entirely just to switch weapons. I had the thought of the little gear next to the weapon palette swap where it has "copy" and "paste" have an "Equip" or "Switch". I keep wanting that checkmark on the right of the weapon palette to do something too even if I had to press Y to get to it.

@Merelambasted said in A way to switch the equipped weapon when equipping weapons.:

@coldreactive I guess both games have been around for a similar amount of time so I can imagine it might be hard to work in. At least in FFXIV you can have your equipment open in a separate window from your character and switch out your weapons without backing out at all. As far as the console version of PSO2 I have to escape out of the menu entirely just to switch weapons. I had the thought of the little gear next to the weapon palette swap where it has "copy" and "paste" have an "Equip" or "Switch". I keep wanting that checkmark on the right of the weapon palette to do something too even if I had to press Y to get to it.

In PSO2, with keyboard / mouse, it's a lot easier to do because you can just quickly open your inventory (Escape to open the menus initially), hover over the item then close everything at once and speak to the NPC. Since hovering over a menu item is the same as using D-Pad on it.

@coldreactive Oh man I didn't even think about trying to do this with comparing weapons you don't even have with an NPC. I just meant within my own weapon equip menu. Anyways, I'm just trying to suggest the implementation of an input s'all.

the side by side comparison is also in the dragon age games but yes I agree that it would be useful in PSO2 as well however you can switch between equipped weapons by using up and down on the D pad and by using left and right you can chage the sub palate just don't do it when being attacked by a monster

@TURION-MOONSTAR Right, its just a pain to back out of the menu, switch weapons, then navigate back to equipping weapons.

@Merelambasted all the more reason to equip more than one weapon set when in the lobby