I need a little clarity on the skill tree.

I've been doing a custom build for a while but then decided to try doing the recommended feature. I had about 7 skill points to spare and was wondering where it would put them. I was unaware that it would retroactively change my skill allocation and that the notice it usually gives me would relay the same information. So I thought "great they are interchangeable", but I couldn't find a way to move skill points around. Does this feature actually have the authorization to change my skill points, but I still have to pay if I want to do it myself? Now I no longer have a Talis upgrade I had previously.

Does this feature actually have the authorization to change my skill points, but I still have to pay if I want to do it myself?

Yep. You have to just get a new skill tree to manually place points next time. The recommended feature has always been like this in JP's version. it even gives a listing of what skills will be taken. If you are patient and read through all of them, you'll note that it takes as many skills as you have points for that it will take, so if you put two and two together, it just re-assigns all of your skill points.

Oh yea I see that now, and I'll never do it again haha.