Please Add a Pvp Mode for New Genesis

It would feel great to use the new dashing, dodging, and floating abilities in a PvP mode. There aren't many fast-paced third-person action games with New Genesis' mix of shooting and hack'n' slash; it would be great to have a versus mode to use these new mechanics in.

@KyleBacchieri said in Please Add a Pvp Mode for New Genesis:

It would feel great to use the new dashing, dodging, and floating abilities in a PvP mode.

It sounds like you never played classic PSO2's PVP, where fast movement barely exists because the game has a tick rate of 1 (1 update per second) and cannot handle it. You constantly die when an attack hits where you used to be 1-3 seconds ago, especially if you live outside North America and this would be way worse with dashing involved.

To accommodate the terrible lag, NGS PVP would probably come without dashing entirely, along with the base PSO2 trappings of locking you as a generic Warrior class with none of your skills or gear, random weapons half of which are barely usable with higher pings, and one PA per weapon. Barely anybody enjoyed it in PSO2 even on the JP side and when the main game is lacking content it would be a huge waste of development resources to spend the required effort to make an unwanted game mode.

I would also like something like the arenas or bgs of wow and well implemented (it would be a good repeatable content or something else to do in this game). The excuses of the players of why they should not add it do not matter to me, I am a consumer and I am not interested in the excuses of a product and less when I pay for it

@Chantro said in Please Add a Pvp Mode for New Genesis:

The excuses of the players of why they should not add it do not matter to me

Hey remember when PSO2 added Battle Arena and the game's population skyrocketed but a vocal minority of the original players complained because Sega subsequently abandoned the PVE game mode entirely over how wildly successful its PVP was?

Exactly. It's not an excuse if we know it won't be popular based on very recent history.

The excuses of the players of why they should not add it do not matter to me:D

I'll never understand people wanting PVP in these kind of games, it's usually executed horribly. Yes they could re-balance everything separately for PVP (rather than having to mess with the balance of classes outside of the mode), but that's just not something it seems like devs are usually willing to do.

PVP was already unbalanced in base PSO2, even with the mode functioning differently since it was more of a battle royale, and it became dead pretty quick after it's introduction. It would be nice if SEGA would make a good PVP that doesn't have issues like that, but if they don't do anything like that I just wouldn't want it, since it would probably end up the same as the PVP in base PSO2 did, dead after a few weeks.

Will just point out they did rebalance a bunch of stuff just for PVP mode, from obvious stuff like the Sword Surfing PA and Jet Boots movement locking to less noticable things at first glance like TMG rolls actually costing PP to do. Still a horrid gamemode that the only reason anyone played was to get SG or the items locked to that place, no one was playing that mode for fun.

@KyleBacchieri said in Please Add a Pvp Mode for New Genesis:

It would feel great to use the new dashing, dodging, and floating abilities in a PvP mode. There aren't many fast-paced third-person action games with New Genesis' mix of shooting and hack'n' slash; it would be great to have a versus mode to use these new mechanics in.

Yes, i'm sure a ranger/force permanently floating in the air while the melee players fume at their inability to fight back would be great fun all around...

@Chantro said in Please Add a Pvp Mode for New Genesis:

I am a consumer and I am not interested in the excuses of a product and less when I pay for it

Won't pay unless PvP exists? Good thing the insignificant minority that PvP players are don't matter. You should try to entice someone with something valuable rather than a cesspool.

I spend like 100 to 200+ almost every month, what are you talking about? Xd