The prices on everything are horrible...

Did RMT and bots really get ban? The prices are much worse than the last scratch. Is this because the banwave of whales?

This is unplayable as F2P, 1.5mil for a costume, 5.5mil for a hairstyle, 6mil for a standing pose...

They are... at least on the JP side. https://pso2.jp/players/support/bugfixes/i_measures_20210802/

if they are on the global side, they haven't decided to post any numbers. Its pretty clear people are getting banned left and right for one reason or another, and RMTers would assumingly be part of those bans.

The higher prices are a combination of things only present in the minds of globalites with this game, as you'll find all prices are much lower on the JP ships.

The market will be in a dire state for a while.

Red box money is still floating around the system.

This event is giving away a free 700k for all players.

Less people are playing so less people are scratching and therefore less items are circulating.

And Sega won't do a thing because it means more people will scratch.

I want to see some steam charts after major ban waves and see how many people are "playing." Think we'll lose about a thousand player count with all the bans? I'm interested to see. I'd also like to see an auto-logout put in so it doesn't count the people that just leave the game running 24 hours a day while they are afk asleep or at work. Consistent playerbase- 2k! Maybe.

@Furious-0 said in The prices on everything are horrible...:

I want to see some steam charts after major ban waves and see how many people are "playing." Think we'll lose about a thousand player count with all the bans? I'm interested to see. I'd also like to see an auto-logout put in so it doesn't count the people that just leave the game running 24 hours a day while they are afk asleep or at work. Consistent playerbase- 2k! Maybe.

We had 6.4k last week on update day. 5.4k today.

But ammount of players is meaningless if they dont pay.

The prices on the AC items this set will be bad, as we didn't have an AC scratch last week. It's meant players are sitting on two weeks of income to fight on the market with. Saw that one coming.

Even though I'm barely playing at this rate, I am once again glad that I do not and have never cared about fashion the way some people do.

I'm not trying to look cute. Money saved.

I'm not trying to be constantly scantily clad. Money saved.

I play a CAST. Money saved.

Unfortunately, since dress up simulator is 90% of PSO2 and NGS, that doesn't leave me much to do.

@Furious-0 said in The prices on everything are horrible...:

Even though I'm barely playing at this rate, I am once again glad that I do not and have never cared about fashion the way some people do.

I'm not trying to look cute. Money saved.

I'm not trying to be constantly scantily clad. Money saved.

I play a CAST. Money saved.

Unfortunately, since dress up simulator is 90% of PSO2 and NGS, that doesn't leave me much to do.

Personally I'm glad, I'm also a Cast, most oppressed of races.

All this no content gives me time to study, work more and catch up with series + most of my friends I ran UQs with are banned so I have no reason to do those anymore. Paranoia strikes hard.

@Furious-0

Yeah, having less mainstream preferences certainly pays off.

Although I wouldn't call PSO2 a dress-up simulator. It's more of a dress-down simulator.

Thankfully, there's other options as well and they're usually fairly cheap in comparison, so if there'll be something for me in a future scratch, I'll probably not have to break the bank for it - Assuming it'll be AC stuff in the first place. The stuff I use right now has mostly been SG stuff and I got over 10k of those still stockpiled.

@AngryRhombus563 said in The prices on everything are horrible...:

They are... at least on the JP side. https://pso2.jp/players/support/bugfixes/i_measures_20210802/

if they are on the global side, they haven't decided to post any numbers. Its pretty clear people are getting banned left and right for one reason or another, and RMTers would assumingly be part of those bans.

The higher prices are a combination of things only present in the minds of globalites with this game, as you'll find all prices are much lower on the JP ships.

Guess it is just another reason why if you are going to play PSO2/NGS, unless you are incredibly invested into the Global version, better to just play the JP version. Only catch is that you have to deal with the IP block.

And the threat that you've already broken the terms of use on jp hangs over the head.

@Pok That term belongs in the dumpster. You dont see global IP blocking Japan xD "They have their own service" dont even apply

@AngryRhombus563 said in The prices on everything are horrible...:

You dont see global IP blocking Japan xD

I don't think Japan is included in the list of regions that are able to claim the game on at least the Microsoft Store or Steam (and don't know or care if EGS is able to do per-game region-locking).

Price went up crazy as a result of combined factors:

inflation <- judging by the player counts I believe this is the lesser factor.

short of supply <- main factor, there aren't many spender players left, which causes the remaining players who spent on gasha can price high, the demand is much higher than supply anyways. This is the major factor

Scalpers running on RMT/Redbox money still rampant and are buying up everything worth a damn. Less scratchers too since game is deader than a debt-ridden college student's future.