Finally, Another Phantasy Star Online In-Depth "Review." Also I Kinda Want Anamana React to This Video Like Asmongold

Well it's more like an Overview/Retrospective of the game's official life span before it died and unlike Nerdslayer's previous Death of a Game videos, this isn't about how a game failed but how it lived its life before dying off.
https://youtu.be/AZrpQfd2Ajs

I was waiting for Austin Eruption's big review of this game first but he's focusing on FFXIV now, so I'm kind of glad this sort of in depth look into the game's lifespan came out. By the way, if you're wondering why he's calling PSO an MORPG and dropped the Massive part of the acronym, well as he literally mentions that in that very video, his reasoning is described on his video about Final Fantasy XIV and why he calls it that as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIsv6ESBFrU

Long story short: the large amount of instances of making you play with a 4-man party compared to fitting a HUGE amount of players at any given time is a Huge difference in how Japanese MMORPGs are designed compared to something like WoW.

Writing of that, ever since Asmongold started to play Final Fantasy, I started to listen to his reaction videos to other people's videos about the news of the MMORPG, guides for Final Fantasy, the comparisons between that game and WoW, and general discussions about how he's playing and enjoying the game with his stream. All of that was pretty nice to listen to while I do my dailies in NGS, especially his reaction to comparison videos where he gave his own commentary about his actual experience in WoW and gives a different insight into what it's really like to play the game or compared to how he played it.

Basically this is what I want Anamana to do with Nerdslayer's video about PSO since I want to hear what he has to say while Nerd gives out his explanation of the game's lifespan and how it changes. This is in no way to try to get Anamana to be like Asmongold where he makes a large amount of reaction videos to his fellow WoW and new fellow FFXIV creators. But I would like to hear his experiences of playing PSO during the other video to get a somewhat double history lesson of PSO, one from a research/personal perspective, and the other a purely personal perspective of the game.

By the way, how many of you have Phantasy Star Zero for the DS and still have it like me?

I'll never understand the fascination of giving a crap about someone's reaction to something.

Or watching other people play a game when I could just be playing the game myself. Streamers and reaction posters are such a useless concept to me.

Why do you care what they think or how they react? They have no bearing on how or why I enjoy a game, and being influenced so heavily by other people and the things they do is such lemming behavior that it makes me confused to see it happen.

@Furious-0
Short answer: They give greater context to things that the original uploader either never knew about or had the wrong idea about it. Not to mention exposure to a different audience for the original uploader, although this doesn't apply to to this case.

I haven't watched the video but I will say one thing: this game has the seed of an actual MMORPG. For all of the failings of Gigantrix implementation, it is something that can be done with 32 players. Also, lobbies can hold quite a large amount of people too, Alliance ones in base PSO2 too.

Sustracting a "M" because of some esoteric reasons makes me not want at all to watch that, really. Also FFXIV is absolutely a MMORPG.

There you go, a nobody's reaction for you. I doubt content creators care about some guy video too, so what the community writes here might have to do.

@Furious-0 Doesn't apply to NGS since i don't think it has any content creators with a large enough following, but in the case of say FFXIV and WoW, Asmongold actually did have a significant effect on the game population. While it may not directly affect you, a streamer can affect a game's population and what they do and say can affect things in game.

For example, in FFXIV, I actually noticed that you get thrown into extreme trials more often lately when queueing for mentor roulette. I suspect it may have something to do with Asmongold and the wave of WoW players that followed him.

Essentially, content creators can have a pretty significant effect in a game if they have plenty of followers. NGS probably doesn't have to worry about this at the moment.

When someone has an army of vacuous followers who pay them to do what they were doing anyway, it's not exactly surprising that they follow their master wherever they go. I also despise how people keep posting the garbage they push out as if it had some insight that is beyond others who have played the game as long as these idiots. They just go with the times and react accordingly to get more followers, which gets them more money, and that is it.

I'd tell their followers to think for themselves, but that would be pointless. This is my opinion on all the fake personas and the people who follow them like lost puppies.

Do it for your own entertainment and stop pretending that they are larger than life, dummy.

@Yggranya Yea I really dont care much for what Anamana thinks, or the rest of them. These influencers may have an effect on the weak who cant formulate their own opinions based on their own experiences, But I go my own way.

@AngryRhombus563 said in Finally, Another Phantasy Star Online In-Depth "Review." Also I Kinda Want Anamana React to This Video Like Asmongold:

@Yggranya Yea I really dont care much for what Anamana thinks, or the rest of them. These influencers may have an effect on the weak who cant formulate their own opinions based on their own experiences, But I go my own way.

Odd take

Let's not get it twisted, and we'll use Anamana as an example from what I have seen-

The guy does streams of himself playing the game and talking to viewers and such. Okay, whatever, don't care. He puts out his random video of "IS THIS A THING!?" and talks about something that happened somewhere related to the game. Again, don't care, whatever.

But when that same person also makes potentially useful guides? That is where it matters to me. I watched a number of his videos when I first picked up PSO2, and they were useful to me. Guides and how-tos and so on are fine and dandy, it's the streaming and reactionary types that I am lost on.

@Furious-0 said in Finally, Another Phantasy Star Online In-Depth "Review." Also I Kinda Want Anamana React to This Video Like Asmongold:

I'll never understand the fascination of giving a crap about someone's reaction to something.

Or watching other people play a game when I could just be playing the game myself. Streamers and reaction posters are such a useless concept to me.

Why do you care what they think or how they react? They have no bearing on how or why I enjoy a game, and being influenced so heavily by other people and the things they do is such lemming behavior that it makes me confused to see it happen.

They're free advertising for said games. Wow wouldn't be hemorrhaging (even more) players if Asmongold didn't start playing FFXIV. More people would be trying PSO NGS if most of the YouTubers didn't run out of content to make videos about.

@TechyAzeem They would have hemorrhaged players regardless. A guy just plotted a course, for those who cant plot their own.

@Aumires
You have the wrong idea about what I meant when he subtracted the M as he's not really trying to demand that everyone change their definitions to suit his, it's more of a suggestion that he just brings up here and there but not the main focus of the video. This video really is about the Life and Times of the Original Phantasy Star Online and how it changed the gaming world for the better and a mention or two here and there about how many of the MMORPGs we have today wouldn't have existed without Phantasy Star Online. It's more of a history lesson of the game's lifespan and I wanted a reaction to it with Youtubers like Anamana because it's pretty much the equivalent of a War Veteran talking about and confirming things in a history book by talking about his point of view during that time.

@Yggranya
Okay, I get it, you don't like Content Creators especially ones that do Reaction Videos and their fans who treat their words as gospel. I'm not asking for exposure, I'm asking for a different perspective on things as someone who was potentially there on PSO's early days before it officially shut down. Also, I'm asking for a new video to listen to while I play the game, not to mention that discussion of between other Youtubers who played PSO during it's official life span sounds intriguing. Also let's face it, videos about PSO are very rare and Nerdslayer's history lesson of it is very much worth a watch in how it changed gaming forever and it may be a new discussion to have while waiting for more content on NGS. I also don't want the conversation about that to be limited to just that guy's video, I believe it's a conversation worth having among everywhere in the community for a week or two.

@AngryRhombus563 said in Finally, Another Phantasy Star Online In-Depth "Review." Also I Kinda Want Anamana React to This Video Like Asmongold:

@TechyAzeem They would have hemorrhaged players regardless. A guy just plotted a course, for those who cant plot their own.

Are you saying you've never looked up gameplay before trying/buying a game?

@TechyAzeem long ago when i too was a fool who let reviews sway me. one day i decided to ignore a bad review and was surprised by how good the game actually was, to me. Just because someone thinks some way about a game doesnt mean youre required to think the same way. Not to mentiom fake reviews such as review bombers.

Most reviews are done with less than 3hrs total played in a game. They none of the reviews i can read for any game im currently playing can tell the whole picture. You certainly cant even bother with mmo reviews.

Tl;dr no i dont care about reviews in 2021. I'll either get it or I wont.

But, there are SOME exceptions, but they mainly have to do with forced injection of views into games. Tho you dont need reviews to find out about those, you can learn from the info the developers put out before or after the game launches, also developer actions. But just like that, i only need go off the info the developers put out to make by buying choices.

@AngryRhombus563 The more advertisement a game gets, the better. Just because you feel you don't want or need reviews or content creators doesn't mean it doesn't help a game, or any form of media for that matter. Want to know how I found out about PSO2? From a YouTuber. I watched them run some missions and was like "Hey! That looks cool, I might give that a try!"