Guess the bot problem has spread to the forums

Noticed it happen earlier in the month as well. There were a bunch of deleted threads started by bots, though it wasn't this bad.

When you think about it, wouldn't it make more sense if deleted threads and posts were just hidden? So you don't have them filling up the entire front page.

@Archetype-Luna said in Guess the bot problem has spread to the forums:

When you think about it, wouldn't it make more sense if deleted threads and posts were just hidden?

My thought too, though looking now I'm not sure if NodeBB supports that.

It's actually happening every night (well guess the spammers also have weekends off), but usually they not only remove the thread but also make it not visible anymore.

Last night's worth of spammers

Friday night

and if you keep going back further, you will see every night there's a bunch of users with a question mark avatar with some letters+numbers name banned

On the subject of bots, how many do you suppose make up this number?

af7cf8dc-dd6f-413b-8740-d9571ac56d65-image.png

Snapshot from Steam's NGS Community Hub page as of August 31st at 1450

I've always wondered when people are quick to point out the number of players with one report or another just how many of those are bot accounts. A dozen? A hundred? A thousand? Are there even less players than people think? Probably so.

It is concerning too that there are four topics by regular users here. Wonder if it was complaining about it or they got bot'd.

Not to mention that around this time the topics are already cleaned up. Cause as mentioned, this has been going on for a couple of weeks I think, at the same time every night.

I know at least one post was about people possibly abusing the report system in-game. There's a lot of drama going on with Ship 2 and rivaling guilds using the mass report system against each other.

Right, I went to the NGS subreddit now and read about it... sigh. Thanks.

@Aumires One was a text art of an among us avatar that was...cough well endowed. Another was talking about leaving the game due to a moderator for SEGA having a questionable past. There it the one Techy mentioned, and not to sure about the last one. Still, when these posts get deleted, the forums are subsequently cleaned up to look like nothing has happened.

Why are they now leaving these deleted posts on the front page for all to see? It's a bad look imho. Either the moderator that usually cleans up is on vacation, or they just don't give a rats toosh anymore, which again, bad look.

@Nevyara said in Guess the bot problem has spread to the forums:

@Aumires One was a text art of an among us avatar that was...cough well endowed. Another was talking about leaving the game due to a moderator for SEGA having a questionable past. There it the one Techy mentioned, and not to sure about the last one. Still, when these posts get deleted, the forums are subsequently cleaned up to look like nothing has happened.

Why are they now leaving these deleted posts on the front page for all to see? It's a bad look imho. Either the moderator that usually cleans up is on vacation, or they just don't give a rats toosh anymore, which again, bad look.

Community management has been really bad on all fronts lately. You got people abusing the mass report system against top ranking players in challenge mode just like in the old JP days, some drama I'm not going to mention I full detail on the discord, and the issue with the guilds on ship 2. All the while nobody is given a reason for their ban.

I really don't think we're going to make it to December.

Oh, its been that way for days. They just keep deleting them and eventually removing them entirely from view.

@TechyAzeem See, the problem I have, and really the only problem I have, with those claiming to be innocent and falsely banned is that you can recover your own chat logs in SEGA > PSO2 > Log.

If they are as innocent as they claim, why are they only making their support tickets public, but not their chat logs? That is why I am still very skeptical for the time being. Not saying that there isn't a potential problem with SEGA support (There is) but so long as these individuals want to claim they are innocent and not provide the information some have said they "reviewed" to find nothing wrong, I am going to remain cautious.

@Nevyara Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking sides. But just conveying that the way it's being handled is terrible PR. I was actually going to try out challenge mode, but if people are abusing the ban system, I'd rather not risk my account.

@TechyAzeem Absolutely. I think staying away from challenge mode is the best bet for the time being. If there is a potential for reports to be abused and for support to be, well, unsupportive, then we just have to be mindful of the rumors and react accordingly to protect ourselves.

@Nevyara said in Guess the bot problem has spread to the forums:

I think they may be leaving up the posts regarding the Drama Lama so that the issue can be put on the list of things for SEGA staff to glance over.

According to a Reddit post, only moderators may view the topic.

Leaving those ToS breaking topics open for the public to view and comment isn't going to help not only SEGA's public image, but the mental well-being of the playerbase.

However, the topics became too consecutive and targeted towards the staff for them to be permitting such discussion anytime soon.

Screenshot_19.jpg

@Nevyara "Questionable past" sounds interesting. Do you know yourself if they were the same mod?