Extremely Bad Server Quality: Defense UQ bugging out

Joined the Mining Rig Defense UQ just now. I queued, and the server just stopped responding for a long time (map and basic stats etc all just rotating circles).

When I entered the UQ, I found the first wave had already started, so I joined the fight immediately, and a couple of seconds later, I see the UQ start countdown:

alt text

WTF.

And then there's no quest info on the left hand side, no wave countdowns, all thoughout the UQ, and the wave clear messages were completely out of sync, with mobs still spawning AFTER the wave clear message had popped up:

alt text

And there are only 4 people not because I set a password on the UQ. I joined an open queue and that's all we got. 4 people.

Come on, what is the problem with this game? The lag has been more frequent and lasting longer these days. We're already close to 3 months into NGS launch, and this is the kind of quality we get?

Is this the kind of gameplay we can expect for the next couple of years? Come on!

I don't know if you were there during NGS release, but this is exactly what it was like back then. I also don't remember if they ever pretended that they fixed/improved it, but if they did, it was unsurprisingly BS. It just requires enough people logging in at the same time to make the game unresponsive.

Just wait till the next big update and we'll all be standing around for 1-3 minutes in every fight waiting for the enemies to move.

Unless they figure out how to handle azure on block based data centers that have player packages being sent on a global scale and also returned to offer similar experiences on every screen globally, you won't see a fix.

100k,50k,1k players, doesn't matter. If your on a full block, expect things to get weird.

What I hate most is doing uqs where the break bar is empty, but you won't see a break status on the boss, because the server lost that info somewhere. It's embarrassing at this point

Yeah the lag spike problems happens on full blocks but you can't help it in UQs when you get succed to block 34 or such.

@shadonic-0 For me there hasn't been much problems in weeks even on full blocks, although it has been slightly worse than elsewhere, but now we're going back to how bad it was during the beginning. I don't know why, and it is what it is, but considering how the player numbers have dropped, it seems reasonable to assume it's the reason for the improvement. The question being why is it getting worse now when nothing of note is coming, as far as i know anyway.

Most likely more data being added to the game while not fixing the main issue which is the net code. The servers have to process more files now on a daily basis compared to the launch size

@Yggranya said in Extremely Bad Server Quality: Defense UQ bugging out:

I don't know if you were there during NGS release, but this is exactly what it was like back then. I also don't remember if they ever pretended that they fixed/improved it, but if they did, it was unsurprisingly BS. It just requires enough people logging in at the same time to make the game unresponsive.

Just wait till the next big update and we'll all be standing around for 1-3 minutes in every fight waiting for the enemies to move.

Yeah, they took the game down for emergency maintenance, and when it was bought back online, they said that it was because of peak times. They didn't actually fix anything, they just forced players to stop playing to take the stress off the servers. It soon came back though and nothing has improved since launch. Nearly 3 months of this garbage, and Sega have done nothing to fix it. I have never seen a company just straight up ignore the issues with lag for this long. Fixing it should be top priority.