Question on "Multi-accounting'

Recently heard about the ban on multi-accounting and just had a short question.

Got another family member that plays pso2 with me sometimes. Neither of us buy or trade from each other since we don't have or use any premium features. Since we're connecting to the same router and would have similar IP addresses should we worry about the multi-account ban, or is this change in the TOS only targeting people abusing the red boxes/RMT bots?

It's impossible to know, really. ToS is too unclear and Support isn't working.

Multi-accounting is the use of multiple accounts by one person and I think it's defined as such by the ToS, but now you mention it there is a concern about false-positives yes. I regularly share an IP with another daily player so this is a question it'd be good to see answered.

I was wondering about this issue myself, since my husband and I do play games together. He has since left for the time being, but may return during the Winter. Clarification from SEGA would be nice since the wording is left intentionally vague. If SEGA "reserves the right" to ban for multi accounts, I do hope they will do their part and due diligence to ensure that those of us with family who play together under the same IP are not incorrectly associated with multi accounting and banned simply for wanting to play together under the same household.

I would like to think sega wouldn't simply jump to ban just because accounts share the same ip when there's plenty of situations where that may happen; household, dormitory, public access points etc.

Transfer of mesta would most probably raise red flags though.

That makes sense, but also causes concern since there have been times where my husband and I have traded in previous games where trading isn't player to player via the auction house/market board.

Maybe I'm being overly cautious, but again, I just want to ensure bases are covered. Would my husband and I be allowed to trade back and forth with one another using the market (which could look like a meseta transfer from one account to another) or would that result in an automatically flag in the system due to the similar IP's and cause our accounts to be banned?

I don't trust support, and it is infinitely harder to prove your innocence in these kinds of situations, so I much rather just have the information outright so I know what to avoid doing.

@Reiven said in Question on "Multi-accounting':

That makes sense, but also causes concern since there have been times where my husband and I have traded in previous games where trading isn't player to player via the auction house/market board.

Maybe I'm being overly cautious, but again, I just want to ensure bases are covered. Would my husband and I be allowed to trade back and forth with one another using the market (which could look like a meseta transfer from one account to another) or would that result in an automatically flag in the system due to the similar IP's and cause our accounts to be banned?

I don't trust support, and it is infinitely harder to prove your innocence in these kinds of situations, so I much rather just have the information outright so I know what to avoid doing.

Why would you trust support when it doesn't even exist

They actaully talk about multi-accounting in the 'Shut Down of Online Services' section they added. heres that specific secttion:

SEGA shall not be required to provide refunds, benefits, or other compensation with discontinuing such online servcies. Without limiting the foregoing, if you access the product using multiple accounts or IDs, and if you use products or services that relate or rely on the product, you acknowlodage and agree that your acess to such products and services may also be terminated.

So basically if the service shuts down you canl lose access to all your accounts, not that having multi accounts is against the ToS. The only way sega have said that using multi accounts will get you banned is if you use it to particapate in RMT. I wouldnt reccomened doing red box farming though cause even if you just do it for personal use it could very well flag you for RMT and get you banned.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Question on "Multi-accounting':

They actaully talk about multi-accounting in the 'Shut Down of Online Services' section they added. heres that specific secttion:

SEGA shall not be required to provide refunds, benefits, or other compensation with discontinuing such online servcies. Without limiting the foregoing, if you access the product using multiple accounts or IDs, and if you use products or services that relate or rely on the product, you acknowlodage and agree that your acess to such products and services may also be terminated.

So basically if the service shuts down you canl lose access to all your accounts, not that having multi accounts is against the ToS. The only way sega have said that using multi accounts will get you banned is if you use it to particapate in RMT. I wouldnt reccomened doing red box farming though cause even if you just do it for personal use it could very well flag you for RMT and get you banned.

That's by assuming things though. The text is very unclear and possible ToS infractions are pretty much up to interpretation and context. If anything, we can't even plead being innocent because we don't even know what's right or wrong.

It's amazing that they don't simply fix a problem they created.

@El-Zenchi said in Question on "Multi-accounting':

That's by assuming things though. The text is very unclear and possible ToS infractions are pretty much up to interpretation and context. If anything, we can't even plead being innocent because we don't even know what's right or wrong.

Im not assuming anything, its very clear what it says. When drawing up contracts and ToS they need to written in a clear and specific way because anything that is unclear benefits the person who signed the contract/ToS if a disbute arises. The only reason people are unsure on what is being said is because its written in a style that we dont use in out everyday lifes, but for people that read and draws up contracts like these its very easy for them to read. Think of physics equations, to most people they make no sense at all, but to a physicts they are extremely easy to read.

If using multi accounts was against ToS it would specifically say that, which this does not, all this says that in the event of a shut down of online services you can lose access to all your accounts or IDs. I'll give you an example from Valorant ToS of were they specifically forbide account sharing:

You agree that: You can't share your account or login Credentials with anyone. You can't sell, transfer or allow any other person to access your account or login credentials, or offer to do so.

Its very clear and specific that you cant share your account with anyone and covers a wide range of situations. If specifically owning multiple accounts in ngs was forbidden we would have something very similar detailing all the different permutations that would be breaking the ToS, which we do not. So having multiple accounts is not against ToS, but improper use of multi accounts i.e using them for RMT is against the ToS.

Im not assuming anything, its very clear what it says. When drawing up contracts and ToS they need to written in a clear and specific way because anything that is unclear benefits the person who signed the contract/ToS if a disbute arises. The only reason people are unsure on what is being said is because its written in a style that we dont use in out everyday lifes, but for people that read and draws up contracts like these its very easy for them to read. Think of physics equations, to most people they make no sense at all, but to a physicts they are extremely easy to read.

If using multi accounts was against ToS it would specifically say that, which this does not, all this says that in the event of a shut down of online services you can lose access to all your accounts or IDs. I'll give you an example from Valorant ToS of were they specifically forbide account sharing:

You agree that: You can't share your account or login Credentials with anyone. You can't sell, transfer or allow any other person to access your account or login credentials, or offer to do so.

Its very clear and specific that you cant share your account with anyone and covers a wide range of situations. If specifically owning multiple accounts in ngs was forbidden we would have something very similar detailing all the different permutations that would be breaking the ToS, which we do not. So having multiple accounts is not against ToS, but improper use of multi accounts i.e using them for RMT is against the ToS.

What if I have dynamic IP and one day I log with an IP used by a gold bot or RMTer?

What if I have dynamic IP and one day I log with an IP used by a gold bot or RMTer?

Then you will possibly get flagged for RMT and possibly get your account banned, and be forced to likely going through a lengthy process to get your account unbanned. So in short i wouldnt use dynamic IP's, Vpn's, Smart DNS, ar anything else similar while playing ngs

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Not to try and undermine your points, but the wording in the ToS is vague at the present that leaves it open to wide interpretation. It would be very helpful if they included a clause such as the one you provided as an example, however, until such a time that they either do so, or address our questions, we have a right to be concerned.

Maybe have everyone's favorite copyright attorney take a look for clarification.

@TechyAzeem said in Question on "Multi-accounting':

It's amazing that they don't simply fix a problem they created.

Yep the most simple method to address this, would just be to take the mesta out of the red boxes, and replace it with something account bound like SG, or minerals