AC scratch every 2 weeks is great.

@Ashen-Rust happy for the further spreading out of gambling periods, not for the periods themselves

@Furious-0 said in AC scratch every 2 weeks is great.:

@AngryRhombus563 Do you think it is possible that they have more whales and that is why they don't have the fomo issues?

We seriously lack numbers to compare but I personally expect it's a compounding combination of a slightly less favourable whale:free ratio, a reduced average spend by occasional scratchers, a greater willingness by Global players to hoard and scalp (not helped by people who wouldn't if they didn't have to feeling like they need to to get by when prices are higher), and a greater proportion of cheating due in part to less stringent geographic access restrictions.

@AngryRhombus563 They are moving even if it's a slow rate on the NA side anyway. I know because I continually check to snipe good deals. For example the Parasol emote used to be 5mill. It's now 3.7 on my ship. This is a pretty clear example of a price shift due to lower demand. If you look often enough you'll see people undercutting eachother and some doing moderate undercuts. Those are the items that get sniped real fast. Every now and then new stuff gets listed. With this in mind anyone who's actually sold anything or checks on the market on a regular basis will know that these items are in fact selling. They don't need to sell in a day or a week especially when it's better to hoard until the scratch rolls out of rotation. The only items that barely sell or take ages to sell are the undesired featured ones which cannot be sold lower than 500k and other less desired items such as male outfits. All of the less desired items have been reducing in price over time for the most recent scratch tickets still in rotation.

Where do you think all that money is coming from that people are able to afford 4-8mill priced hairstyles and 1mill+ outfits? It's certainly not coming from players grinding normally that's for sure.

@Zenny From other premium whale players buying what they didnt win? By someone who at least bought a shop pass so they can sell unwanted augment/gear drops? By saving a number of weeks worth of daily, weekly, and field mobster/trial meseta?

If you assume only red boxers and RMT meseta buyers could ever afford anything in this broken economy, then that would make you a red boxer/meseta buyer for being able to snipe that great 3.7mil undercut. Or youre one of the above and can consider that argument dashed. The silent minority is doing enough legitimate meseta gathering in the various ways offered, which they kindly sped up the weekly acquisition rate.

@AngryRhombus563 The meseta has to come from somewhere to begin with. 1 person doing weeklies on 1 account with a bit of grind amounts to absolute fuck all especially when you consider that the average play time for a casual is roughly 1 hour and a bit per day. Yes, by saving each week you will be able to afford something eventually if you spend on nothing else but these aren't the main people pumping money into the economy. We wouldn't have the situation we have now with prices if it was only these people. Also we may as well change that casual play time number and make it even lower as people are currently bored shitless in this game so they are naturally playing less.

The people who are farming meseta at alarming rates in mass are redbox spammers, weekly spammers and goldfarmers. Even a mere 100 people doing this is enough to shift the market. This is where the bulk of the money is coming from.

I didn't say I sniped a 3.7 mill deal. I mentioned there was a price shift due to lower demand for the item. You said the prices weren't moving in your previous post which is a lie. When I talked about sniping it was in relation to watching the market often enough to see price shifts and items being bought up.

@Zenny I didnt say PRICES weren't moving, I said SUPPLY, isnt. Those items are still there because DEMAND is not as there as people want to say it is, yet prices are just higher than JP counter part. And it is because of the mindset, not because of supply/demand, Fomo, [insert other excuse here]. Fomo especially would have caused those things to fly off the shelves, but it did not. Just mindset mixed with hostile elements.

3.7mil is still much higher than a new motion/emote on JP too. Rare to rare is higher, common to common is just ridiculous.

@AngryRhombus563 said in AC scratch every 2 weeks is great.:

@Zenny I didnt say PRICES weren't moving, I said SUPPLY, isnt. Those items are still there because DEMAND is not as there as people want to say it is, yet prices are just higher than JP counter part. And it is because of the mindset, not because of supply/demand, Fomo, [insert other excuse here]. Fomo especially would have caused those things to fly off the shelves, but it did not. Just mindset mixed with hostile elements.

3.7mil is still much higher than a new motion/emote on JP too. Rare to rare is higher, common to common is just ridiculous.

NA is full of hoarders that resell, japan probably have more ethics than USA's religion of capitalism

@dalamar Thats the kind of thing ive been trying to say.

@AngryRhombus563 Supply is moving though. Obviously way slower compared to the first day or 2 and it depends on the item. Lealu hair is 1 example of something that is still selling at it's current prices. Most who have ample money get their stuff in the first 2 days of a scratch releasing. That's when things fly off the shelves. People are still buying at these ridiculous prices clearly illustrating that there is some demand still. There's absolutely no reason to drop the prices drastically as items become coveted once out of rotation. That's thanks to Sega's design.

I noted down some of the changes to stock and prices that occured from a small selection of items from the recent scratch over about a 8 hour period.

Lealu hair- 29 listings to start. Dropped to 26, no price change. Rose to 30 listings with 2 listings of 3.5mill from 4.5mill. 3.5mill listing sold. Rose from 29 back to 30 with base listing of 4mill.

Taure hair- 24 listing to start. Dropped to 22, no price change. Rose to 23 listings with 1 listing of 3.6mill from 4.4mill. Back down to 21 listings with base listing of 4.6mill.

Servante Lealu- 46 listings to start. Dropped to 44 listings with 1 listing of 540k from 900k. Further drop to 43 listings with base listing of 900k.

Marine Taure/b2- 41 listings to start at 1.5mill. Dropped to 38, no price change.

This is only over a small period of time well after the main 2 day rush has already happened yet prices are still moving and selling at these ridiculous prices.

@dalamar I'm sure JP has people who hoard and sell items out of rotation. They just don't have the absurd inflation we have.

@Zenny "i'm sure they hoard too !", even tho its obvious in every game you can do this comparison that it is not conclusive whatsoever with pricing structures. As much as you want to believe we're the same in the aspect just because we are all complaining about the game, theres no proof of that simply based of the vastly lower prices there. Theres no supply constraint that warrants the higher prices, no demand moved by Fomo because there are tons of listings, having 2 out of 46 in probably more than 1 day far from agrees with your from assumptions. You can even try searching for AC items before this scratch, multiple scratches before if you like, and you can find items, probably still able to scroll down the list, because that Fomo demand doesn't really exist. And those items would still be priced considerably higher than they would on the JP service, 'popular' or not, regardless of actual supply.

"Global" is higher priced because "Global" people tend to want more money for something in an online game economy than Japan, particularly and especially if any real money was spent acuqirong that item, because as I said, its the tendency to place a higher value on ones own dollar. Greed, helped by hostile elements. Players do the inflating, not much else. Japanese players are clearly showing better self control than Global. Hard pill to swallow, but swallow it.

@AngryRhombus563 Which is why it's still dropping for those items. It's not going to be comparable to JP because they haven't had money printed since launch like we have. We have way more money in circulation. Our baselines are way higher than theirs because of what people are willing to purchase at and people sticking to small undercut increments is why it takes so long to reach lower prices. This influences the prices people scratching sell for.

NA just has too many cheaters contributing to the problem.