AC scratch every 2 weeks is great.

I think this is the best item of interest that wast really mentioned in the headline, but is really great for multiple reasons.

1st is to me it shows theyve got a clue that we dont like a new wallet drainer every single week. Im sure it took JP complaining anout it (and i saw the tweets), and my mention of it closer to launch had no bearing :3

2nd, f2p players have more time to collect meseta from dailies, weeklies, and field grind before greedy globalites put new AC items up for near unobtanium prices. Tho im sure the hostile globalites are taking this into account 😮 next week may confirm whether or not they really need to do something about the global market.

3rd, its less of a drain on whale wallets. Im sure SEGA knows many of the whales are going to throw all the money at every new ac scratch even if they left it weekly, but theyve shown some consideration and retraint.

Theyve earned a bit, just a bit, of respect for slowing down the AC scratch release schedule. I think i wouldnt mind it if it slowed down even further. I think its only fair. Since they decided to be snail pace with actual content from the start, AC scratch release should be snail pace too.

This whole game is about cash grabing its gotten progressively worse over the last 2 years.

I guess this is better? even though its what it should have been from the start. I have a feeling they will do a scratch on October 6th though since 29th is a revival.

Like I loved pso2 for 7 years but NGS turns me off more and more.

When they did those prologue streams they orginally advertised they would be getting 2 or 3 scratches a month, its only cause weve had 2 oracle renewal scratches, which were released in jp before ngs even launched and had 4 throwback scratches for emotes, accessories etc that it has felt so heavy on the AC scratch front. We've got 2 more oracle renewall scratches to go? Once we get through those the pacing of AC scratches should be a lot nicer for everyone

@TEN-SQUARE-3 But this time they didn't inject the renewal into a middle week and end up with 4/5 weeks of the month with scratches, its a bi-weekly scratch of its own. They could have done that with the latest one too.

@AngryRhombus563 said in AC scratch every 2 weeks is great.:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 But this time they didn't inject the renewal into a middle week and end up with 4/5 weeks of the month with scratches, its a bi-weekly scratch of its own. They could have done that with the latest one too.

Yeah they could of spaced it out more, especailly those 4 throwback scratches in the same week. I guess they wanted to get them out has quickly has possible to make the most of the launch boom?

Honestly, y'all should have known this shit was going to be pushed on everyone as soon as they started reporting that PSO2 NA was pulling in more money then PSO2 JP before NGS's release.

@NIC I would think it was because at the time we were getting scratches that JP had probably gotten 6 or so times over. Since they had a habit of putting older items in many of the scratches, during our year of PSO2 JP players had no reason to continuously scratch for every release. Global also very much had as much of the scratch content JP got over its 8 years of operation shoved onto us in 1 year xD

I was also only really talking about NGS scratches. Now that we are at parity as far as NGS goes, theres no reason for them to continue force feeding every week like pre-ngs, or like they were practically the first 3 months of NGS. They should start being slow with them like they want to be slow with content.

One a month would be better!

Pretty sure 2 weeks was standard for JP. It's mainly because we are still playing catch up with cosmetics for New Genesis and probably to profit off launch boom. Not speeding it up simply puts us further behind.

Tbh in any other scenario weekly releases would be welcome. Since the content isn't there and the monetization is incredibly aggressive is why it's seen as bad. The fact that shop passes are not available in any capacity to free players severly limiting the amount they can earn overall. Trade not existing is a huge detriment to the game. All that coupled with the fact that money making is so limited and clear cut in this game. It shouldn't be that way for MMO games. There should be a plethora of ways to earn money. If everyone is doing the same thing that method ends up earning way less unless it is not tied to the market. Again, having a rushed release lead to this as they're now rushing to complete a game that should have been in a launch ready state 3 months ago.

They could easily leave all scratch tickets up forever or eventually shove them into a bigger scratch with all the older items. Anouther way would be to have older scratches be released in full more often. Once they're out, after 2 weeks bring them back along with the new stuff. This would definitely help with the prices.

@Zenny said in AC scratch every 2 weeks is great.:

Pretty sure 2 weeks was standard for JP. It's mainly because we are still playing catch up with cosmetics for New Genesis and probably to profit off launch boom. Not speeding it up simply puts us further behind.

Tbh in any other scenario weekly releases would be welcome. Since the content isn't there and the monetization is incredibly aggressive is why it's seen as bad. The fact that shop passes are not available in any capacity to free players severly limiting the amount they can earn overall. Trade not existing is a huge detriment to the game. All that coupled with the fact that money making is so limited and clear cut in this game. It shouldn't be that way for MMO games. There should be a plethora of ways to earn money. If everyone is doing the same thing that method ends up earning way less unless it is not tied to the market. Again, having a rushed release lead to this as they're now rushing to complete a game that should have been in a launch ready state 3 months ago.

They could easily leave all scratch tickets up forever or eventually shove them into a bigger scratch with all the older items. Anouther way would be to have older scratches be released in full more often. Once they're out, after 2 weeks bring them back along with the new stuff. This would definitely help with the prices.

If they don't remove scratches, how will they exploit FOMO & gambling at the same time?

@NIC yeah.... one can hope this sort of stuff ends up being illegal in the future.

@NIC said in AC scratch every 2 weeks is great.:

Honestly, y'all should have known this shit was going to be pushed on everyone as soon as they started reporting that PSO2 NA was pulling in more money then PSO2 JP before NGS's release.

Could you please link to where you saw this? I'm sure you're right given that JP had a content drought for quite some time, I'd just like a source on hand.

Citation needed, sincerely doubt.

Lower player base and Japanese make more money in general - as well as tolerate gacha more.

@dalamar said in AC scratch every 2 weeks is great.:

Lower player base and Japanese make more money in general - as well as tolerate gacha more.

Screenshot_1.png

Between April and June PSO2 NA earned more then PSO2 JP, and that was only 1 month into it's release.. meaning in only 1 month it had made what JP made all quarter, according to Sega.

@dalamar said in AC scratch every 2 weeks is great.:

Screenshot_1.png

Between April and June PSO2 NA earned more then PSO2 JP, and that was only 1 month into it's release.. meaning in only 1 month it had made what JP made all quarter, according to Sega.

First month is always like 5-10x higher than successive months... current player base is low via steam stats