Sega added a "Shutdown OfOnline Services" section to the EULA

SHUTDOWN OF ONLINE SERVICES

SEGA reserves the right to stop offering or supporting online services (if any) related to the Product at any time. If this happens, any related account or data you have may be terminated and you may lose your ability to access some or all portions of the Product, earned or purchased Virtual Items, and User‑Generated Content. SEGA shall not be required to provide refunds, benefits, or other compensation in connection with discontinuing such online services. Without limiting the foregoing, if you access the Product using multiple accounts or IDs, SEGA reserves the right to discontinue your access to the Product via any of those accounts or IDs, and if you use products or services that relate to or rely on the Product, you acknowledge and agree that your access to such products and services may also be terminated in connection with any termination of your access to the Product.

https://ngs.pso2.com/support/terms-and-conditions

A little concerning.

Will honestly be shocked if this game makes it past December. They are completely clueless on how to run the game. Don't forget they also added a clause to protect themselves from class action lawsuits (this is unenforceable tbh, but still very telling that they added it, as if you needed any more red flags at this point).

Remember that they have shut down Global PSO in every single iteration (dc, gc, xbox, bb, psu) years before JP. The difference is never before have they been so predatory with the fashion monetization right before doing it, all of which of course you will completely lose once they shut down the server.

The roadmap shows that they knew that they would be doing this all along, and released an alpha demo of a game solely to grab money from gullible people before closing shop.

This is about banning cheaters not about shutting the servers down. Stop naysaying. Check Steamstats and Google to see that PSO2 NA has a stable 5k playerbase and is doing fairly well.

Slow content does not mean failure, please have faith in our game instead of scaring people. I tweeted Sega asking for a clear statement. If we get one, I'll post it here.

I would be very surprised if their wasn’t a clause about how sega reserves the right to shut down the servers at any time to begin with. Literally it would be TOS 101, has no matter how success online service games are they eventually shut down.

More trolls just keep coming on...

This is about the redboxing thing, which peoples exploited for meseta. With the clause, it is now made illegal and SEGA can take action without any concern of repercussions from the Japanese government.

Admittedly I'm getting tired of the doomtalk, I just want to enjoy the game, but you're not letting other enoy whatever content the game has, however lacking it may be.

@Michele said in Sega added a "Shutdown OfOnline Services" section to the EULA:

More trolls just keep coming on...

This is about the redboxing thing, which peoples exploited for meseta. With the clause, it is now made illegal and SEGA can take action without any concern of repercussions from the Japanese government.

Admittedly I'm getting tired of the doomtalk, I just want to enjoy the game, but you're not letting other enoy whatever content the game has, however lacking it may be

I wonder if this applies to people using multi accounts to farm weeklies for mesta? We had a statement from support in the past saying it was ok to use multiple accounts has long has you dont participate in RMT.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Sega added a "Shutdown OfOnline Services" section to the EULA:

I would be very surprised if their wasn’t a clause about how sega reserves the right to shut down the servers at any time to begin with. Literally it would be TOS 101, has no matter how success online service games are they eventually shut down.

Seems there wasn't. Wayback Machine has a copy of it from 11 days ago without that section. Sadly it doesn't seem to have the PSO2 ToS page at all; I thought I saw this section there before so there's a possibility it was omitted when migrating it to the NGS page but I don't know how to find out.

the EULA always had a section over shutting down service and literally every single online game has one of those and clearly there is not about shutting down the service of the game is about shutting down the account of an individual

They changed it from 60 days to anytime.

Out of those 5k consistent players, how many do you suppose are bots?

How many of them are sitting AFK in town?

How many of them are just logging in and sitting in town all day using it as a dress up chat lobby? Is it still "playing the game" if all you're doing for over 90% of your time logged in is sitting in town or being afk? How many people do you think are actually out actively playing the game?

I bet that is a much smaller number.

@Furious-0 said in Sega added a "Shutdown OfOnline Services" section to the EULA:

How many of them are just logging in and sitting in town all day using it as a dress up chat lobby? Is it still "playing the game" if all you're doing for over 90% of your time logged in is sitting in town or being afk? How many people do you think are actually out actively playing the game?

Yeah and they're kinda randomly banning whales so...

Situation is looking grim.

@S2-s-Flask-Abuser 5k is not doing well. 5k shows there were no effective increases in player population from pre-NGS.

Latching hard onto this as a doomer is silly because sega doesn't need it to do a shutdown. It just makes the posters' blatant effort to scare people away from playing more conspicuous.

@El-Zenchi said in Sega added a "Shutdown OfOnline Services" section to the EULA:

@Furious-0 said in Sega added a "Shutdown OfOnline Services" section to the EULA:

Yeah and they're kinda randomly banning whales so...

Situation is looking grim.

Could you please stop trolling now? We know already this isn't really the case

@Pok said in Sega added a "Shutdown OfOnline Services" section to the EULA:

Latching hard onto this as a doomer is silly because sega doesn't need it to do a shutdown. It just makes the posters' blatant effort to scare people away from playing more conspicuous.

Sega doesn't care if we play, they only care if we pay