PSO2 NGS thoughts of how to improve the game experience

As it's stated in this post, instead of just throwing hate to the actual state of the game, what do you think it could change the actual condition that NGS is passing by and improve the general experience? 'cause I know that we need more content but aside that, what else you think it can help to make this better so we all can benefit from it.

Of course this is not just a post trying to hide the state of the game with distractions, but more like a way to shout out what we think in an objective and reasonable way to reach improvement, so once more, what do you think it can make Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis a better game for us?

Anything is better than nothing so please, even if there are some small ideas, just share them with the rest.

Even the big updates may not help the game in the long term, if the new region ends up being the same as Aelio (with similar content, such as the story expansion, exploration areas with cocoons, towers, veteran bosses and gigantix bosses, battle areas and urgent quests), then with each update less and less players are going to return to the game. Big updates with more of the same followed by months of almost nothing in-between is not going to work.

I wish they would make more use of the data that is already available in the game (the Aelio region) to produce more varied content.

One option would be instanced dungeons. With the Nex Vera urgent quest and the story quests we can see that SEGA can use pieces of the available areas to create instanced dungeons, I think it would be nice to have dungeons for high level players based on the exploration areas, but including barriers to gate progression with goals such as defeat enemies or clear puzzles to progress, and with high level versions of the enemies and veteran/dread bosses from the exploration areas.

To make these worth doing, I guess they could be more reliable ways of getting augments that are only available from exploration areas? And I guess they could also have leaderboards and weekly rankings like the PSO2 time attack quests.

Other than that, side activities such as fishing, and I wish they would flesh out the world more, such as having NPCs outside of central city with additional side goals.

Basically, I wish the dev team would make more use of the available regions for more varied content between the big updates.

@Ezodagrom said in PSO2 NGS thoughts of how to improve the game experience:

Even the big updates may not help the game in the long term, if the new region ends up being the same as Aelio (with similar content, such as the story expansion, exploration areas with cocoons, towers, veteran bosses and gigantix bosses, battle areas and urgent quests), then with each update less and less players are going to return to the game. Big updates with more of the same followed by months of almost nothing in-between is not going to work.

I wish they would make more use of the data that is already available in the game (the Aelio region) to produce more varied content.

One option would be instanced dungeons. With the Nex Vera urgent quest and the story quests we can see that SEGA can use pieces of the available areas to create instanced dungeons, I think it would be nice to have dungeons for high level players based on the exploration areas, but including barriers to gate progression with goals such as defeat enemies or clear puzzles to progress, and with high level versions of the enemies and veteran/dread bosses from the exploration areas.

To make these worth doing, I guess they could be more reliable ways of getting augments that are only available from exploration areas? And I guess they could also have leaderboards and weekly rankings like the PSO2 time attack quests.

Other than that, side activities such as fishing, and I wish they would flesh out the world more, such as having NPCs outside of central city with additional side goals.

Basically, I wish the dev team would make more use of the available regions for more varied content between the big updates.

Pretty much the same opinion as me. The "big" winter update simply cannot be more of the same as we have now. If it is, then I fully expect another big drop in players. The content we already have got boring after a few weeks (and I am being kind) more of the same will not be anywhere near enough to impress the remaining players.

Instanced dungeons are a must for me. If done right, they could be the thing that takes this game to the level it should have been at since launch. I also desperately want a personal quarters and daily rotational quests. How this game launched without either of these is just baffling. Players have loved their Personal Quarters since PSU, what idiot thought it would be a good idea to not include them in this game? Daily Quests are another way to keep people playing, it gives people something to do.

The game needs a new director that actually listens to the players.

Random generated cocoons with depth scaling difficulty floors with rare cap rates and higher chance of fixa drops as endgame content

With the Bouncer coming, i was thinking it would be nice for it to be even more melee focused, but since melee is garbage with the enemy groups gang raping you, giant/flying bosses that require you to jump around with terrible gap closers and no ability to move around properly, i retract that kind of thinking. The game needs more bosses like Bujin or better aerial combat and less groups of frail(ish) enemies and more sturdy one on one fights.

What's the point of making you fight in the air so much if the aerial combat is bullshit?

Want the game to get better? Stop spending money on AC and campaign for Daiki Hamazaki to step down as director. After Sakura wars flopped, Sega is too desperate to can NGS. But once their revenue stops coming in, heads will roll and changes will be made. Let's just hope the right heads roll. Hiro Arai looks like the head of the snake Sega is willing to cut off since you don't see anyone but him anymore. Hope that's not true, because he's the only one really fighting for us right now. He's the one that got us more meseta from dailies and other little quality of life additions because he sees our tweets.

Considering NGS has been in production since 2017 and boasted 5 areas to travel between, (dessert, plains, swamp, jungle and industrial area?) I wouldn't be surprised if HMZK is rationing out what we were supposed to get on full release because he's stuck in a development mindset from 5-10 years ago. Judging from his track record, we'll probably get reskinned buster quests and Bouncer will probably be crazy OP. Also, there's no question that Sega mismanaged resources because Sega. Hell, NGS still had ads out saying "Winter/Late 2021" just days before it suddenly got released this summer to everyone's surprise.

It was released in Spring not Summer.

@El-Zenchi said in PSO2 NGS thoughts of how to improve the game experience:

Random generated cocoons with depth scaling difficulty floors with rare cap rates and higher chance of fixa drops as endgame content

this, absolutely.

A thought I had that would give players something to do would be to use base pso2 quests in ngs just scaled down. That way we could use our ngs classes and gear in some of the base games content. This would let us gain ngs items while reliving some of bases glory.

Just remake pso2 bosses like Luther/Magatsu and put them in vr cocoons. Lazy way to get content in, but it'll still be a new experience regardless because we have to use the inferior ngs skills to fight the old bosses we used to faceroll on pso2.

Alright, Here are my two-Cents:

I like the idea of the cacoons, Perhaps Not on a daily basis, That would just jade players in a hurry. More like part of the daily/ Weekly tasks that need to be done? I whole heartedly agree to add some more level of depth/ difficulty, So for instance - If Players wanted to do the next tier of that same training, You have to meet X requirment first.

As far as the Gigantix, They will spawn in the new areas , regardless, I Think we may even see that new Boss from the Mining defense OP and even the other From The Plataue.

As for Xiandi, Or whatever her name was - I think her presence was a bit too short., If she spent a bit more time, How much time? Well - It just feels short at this point.

How about instead a UQ that consists of some Town Invasion? Wouldn't that be cool? You are called to arms, Because central city is under siege and the best of the best of the best are needed to fend off wave after wave after wave of endless dolls.

Getting rid of fixas or making them transferable/upgradable.

Upgrading and affixing a weapon in pso2/ngs takes way too much time and resources for a system to exist that just says "fuck you, and 20h for of your grind for materials, here is the exactly same weapon, but with 1% more damage, upgrade it instead"

Working on anything that isn't fixa 5 feels like a complete waste to me.

You know during the interview they said that they didn't want people to hesitate to enhance their gear but fixas do the opposite.

I think that's the idea. Upgrades are a cash sink, they assist in pushing people into premium because having money to buy/upgrade whatever you want is easier when you have constant shop access. If you upgrade something then get the same thing with a fixa you have incentive to keep sinking meseta, pushing you a little harder towards the idea of spending AC on prem or a 30 day shop pass.