Sega too obsessed with new (old) classes instead of content?

Most mmo build up their content, and then put out new classes every now and then. Here, we only have classes, with no content to run them with.

And gacha scratch tickets, can't forget those.

Gotta play those classes while bring as scantily clad as possible.

Most MMO's also give purpose with new classes even base PSO2 when we got a class we got some weirdo running around the ship doing weird things with new quests to promote the new weird class. Heck I would have even preferred random nobody NPCs sitting in some of these scattered camps. Maybe less scratches and more content because this ship doesn't look good and if they manage to pull a realm reborn on this game what we will be left with is a broken auction house filled with overpriced back breaking items from the time the game was bare bones with nothing to do yet flooded to the brim with constant scratches.

@Furious-0 said in Sega too obsessed with new (old) classes instead of content?:

And gacha scratch tickets, can't forget those.

as scantily clad as possible.

There's nothing wrong with options, but do the females even have anything other than that stuff?

Anyway, there's something to be said about the newest scratch of swimwear "that are perfect for summer". I don't think the ones who designed the male one have ever seen a guy on a beach.

I mirror these concerns. Who gives a crap about new classes when the game itself doesn't have much at all to with the said classes? Leveling 1-20 in a couple days isn't content.

Yeah I love Bouncer but I do not give a crap essentially when I'll be doing the same thing I am currently after leveling it in a day or two, nothing.

@Vashzaron At least to me, I don't think I would mind the "doing the same thing I am currently doing" provided there was something substantial to work towards. To me, New Genesis is a relatively fun game to simply hop onto if I wanted to just press some buttons and win but I feel it's a very far and significant departure from where something like Episodes 5-6 ended up for their end-game where you couldn't just press buttons and win against Omega Masquerade or when Endless Quests would punish you for just playing as you normally do.

I do feel that Sega could have tackled both because I don't see the classes needing "that much" in work to be updated/refreshed (when you look at how the Successor classes were designed in Episode 6 for example) and that at the same time there could have been something content-related or gameplay-related that would have helped introduce those classes. It baffles me that the class trainers have absolutely no involvement in the game's story unlike the original game and that the newest class being introduced is similar to the Luster's introduction where literally you walk up to the class counter and pick the class when you pass requirements (in the case of New Genesis, getting past the prologue). Even if all that is just fluff and not "real" content players would want, I feel it's nice to have for the people who do care about the world or want their character to feel involved in the world of Halpha to which I don't really feel convinced Sega is all that invested in it either.

It really does feel as if SEGA is putting in the very bare minimum into aspects of the game we loved in base PSO2, IE story, side characters, quests, mini games, CONTENT, and focusing a lot more on their gacha fashion. I truly do not mind content drops every 4 - 6 months, but if that is how SEGA wants to run things, then they should also be dropping enough playable content between those periods for players to enjoy.

Right now, most of their end game content, from UQ's, to Gigantix, to trying to obtain decent weapons/units with the right fixa is all locked behind RNG. Despite all the open world farming we can do between areas, there is no way for a player to turn those resources into something tangible for their preferred class, as there was before. There is also no way to transfer your augments, so if you spent all that time grinding and they introduce a new weapon series...You're right back to grinding mobs for capsules.

NGS may look pretty, and it may have the PSO name, but it plays more like a cheaply made old school Korean grind fest. They didn't keep to the ARPG roots at all that makes the franchise so loved in NGS, and it is really frustrating that they've shifted so much in the wrong direction.

I felt disappointed by Bouncer for some reason.

I don't know if it's because I'm going Force/Braver or what, but the basic functions of Jet Boots on a multi somehow seem out of place for my build.

I would rather use Wand with Katana rather than Jet Boots, but Wand seems to work similarly to Katana.

They are stretching things out til their so called content update in December.

@Star-Platinum I think once they've finally released all the classes they want to we'll probably start getting more content overall.

I think a lot of players wanted to play the class they fell in love with from PSO2. So class releases have become the priority.

@Zenny said in Sega too obsessed with new (old) classes instead of content?:

I think a lot of players wanted to play the class they fell in love with from PSO2. So class releases have become the priority.

I know I can think a bit exceptionally at times but even as an old Bouncer main I'd have certainly preferred waiting until spring/summer 2022 to get my class back if it meant having something to do between this summer and then.

@Miranda said in Sega too obsessed with new (old) classes instead of content?:

They are stretching things out til their so called content update in December.

If that interview with Arai is any indication of things to come, were all going to be really disappointed by then. He said we're only going to be getting a couple weeks of content every 6 months. Unless profits severely drop before then and Sega starts listening to feedback (and hopefully fire HMZK) they're going to stick to their guns while continuing to shove AC scratches down our throats. Maybe another "Why aren't you buying AC?!" survey tossed in for good measure in between now and then. Calling it now: December is going to be a copy/paste of what we have now, but in a different setting. Maybe some new monsters with different weaknesses but that'll get old fast.

@TechyAzeem You're late on that call. People have been saying that for weeks.

@Furious-0 said in Sega too obsessed with new (old) classes instead of content?:

@TechyAzeem You're late on that call. People have been saying that for weeks.

Even though I hate the combat, FFXIV is looking better and better every day. I was going to wait until December to say this, but PSO2 New Genesis may already be beyond saving. Even if Hamazaki gets fired, Endwalker and Blue Protocol are right around the corner.