Friend partner set up information

Unless it’s there and I’m just not finding it I would like some information on how to set up the friend partners there are 3 categories with no explanation of what the choices do and I would like to understand that part of the game

If I’m wrong please point me to the information

@SaviorZero82 said in Friend partner set up information:

Unless it’s there and I’m just not finding it I would like some information on how to set up the friend partners there are 3 categories with no explanation of what the choices do and I would like to understand that part of the game

Playing this game for almost 8 years and having logged over 10K hours, it never crossed my mind that the information is/was never (fully) described/displayed in-game. Back in the day I used http://srpgp.supersanctuary.net/cirnopedia-test/partner_2.php#nav & https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?フレンドパートナー to figure out what each Trait, Nature & Inclination does. Same for Auxiliary/Support Partner Personalities.

You make a good point.

@ErinXh said in Friend partner set up information:

You know playing this game for almost 8 years and having logged over 10K hours, it never crossed my mind that the information is never fully described/displayed 'in-game'. Back in the day I used http://srpgp.supersanctuary.net/cirnopedia-test/partner_2.php#nav & https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?フレンドパートナー for that. Same for Auxiliary/Support Partner personalities.

You make a good point.

For the suxpport/aux, you get no EXP when they fail a mission, despite the guide saying they get EXP: http://srpgp.supersanctuary.net/cirnopedia-test/partner_3.php#nav (At least from my own experience in JP version.)

@coldreactive I’m talking about the friend avatars, I want to set up a tech/fo for other players to use that will prioritize healeing and bufffing with the chance to raise if they die from what all I have researched it can be done but the us and JP terms are different

@SaviorZero82 equip your tech/fo setup, go to viz phone, friends avatar, add friends avatar, hit check mark make me visible to non-friend players, fill out info, confirm

@TRAVISTYxxx ..... that does not explain what the options are at all

@ErinXh said in Friend partner set up information:

You know playing this game for almost 8 years and having logged over 10K hours, it never crossed my mind that the information is never fully described/displayed 'in-game'. Back in the day I used http://srpgp.supersanctuary.net/cirnopedia-test/partner_2.php#nav & https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?フレンドパートナー to figure out what each Trait, Nature & Inclination does. Same for Auxiliary/Support Partner personalities.

You make a good point. ^ this is the information that I’m talking about and @ErinXh answer the best it just needs to be updated for the NA version’ just wish the information was in the game DCEC7C9E-9BBA-4C9D-8508-D117A85616F6.png 6678067B-3CD4-47D7-8812-2192266A4D81.png 64662F3E-3B8D-490C-B527-E9483DC375E2.png

The dumb thing is none of that info is even present in the Japanese Online Manual or in-game; that was all compiled by players who went through testing each attribute.

@AndrlCh I know that’s why I’m suggesting they put the information into the game, I mean why have this feature if your not going to explain how to use it

@SaviorZero82 Thank you for the praise, that aside. I think I got a 'workable' solution for you, for now. I sadly can't check if it works due not owning a XBOX One.

But what you could do is to cross reference the Traits, Natures & Inclinations between the JP and the NA version. For this to work, the order in which the 'entries' in each of the categories are displayed/sorted needs to be the exact same between the JP and NA version. I don't have many reasons to believe that they would be different. (Unless the NA version sorted them alphabetically or something or the fan translation in the JP version mixed up the names of the entries. I could turn off the fan translation and check the order with the original Japanese names, but too lazy.) See picture below for a sample of what I mean.

The tables show how the entries are currently sorted in the JP version.

Nature (Top category)

# Fan Translation Name Description
1 Brave Characterization (It does nothing)
2 Poser Characterization (It does nothing)
3 Shy Characterization (It does nothing)
4 Leadership Characterization (It does nothing)
5 Clumsy Characterization (It does nothing)
6 Senior Characterization (It does nothing)
7 Sickly Characterization (It does nothing)
8 Daredevil Characterization (It does nothing)
9 Innocent Characterization (It does nothing)
10 Spontaneous Characterization (It does nothing)
11 Intellectual Characterization (It does nothing)

Trait (Middle category)

1 Morning Bird More active during day time (6:00 to 18:00)
2 Night Owl More active during night time (18:00 to 6:00)
3 Enjoys Sun More active when the weather is sunny
4 Enjoys Clouds More active when the weather is cloudy
5 Jumbo Smasher Prioritizes attacking larger enemies
6 Tiny Crusher Prioritizes attacking smaller enemies
7 Brave Adversity More active when in critical condition
8 Slow Starter More active after some time has passed since starting the mission
9 Lonesome Prefers to be nearby party members
10 Tsundere High chance to use Star Atomizers or cast Resta when a party member is in critical condition
11 Native (Naverius) Killer Prioritizes attacking Native (Naverius)-type enemies
12 Darker (Falspawn) Exterminator Prioritizes attacking Darker (Falspawn)-type enemies
13 Machine Scrapper Prioritizes attacking Machine-type enemies
14 Dragon Slayer Prioritizes attacking Dragon-type enemies
15 Oceanid Killer Prioritizes attacking Oceanic-type enemies
16 Titan Destroyer Prioritizes attacking Titan-type enemies
17 Phantom Buster Prioritizes attacking Phantom-type enemies
18 Demon Hunter Prioritizes attacking Demon-type enemies
19 Targets Luminmechs Prioritizes attacking Luminmechs-type enemies

Inclination (Bottom category)

1 Healer Uses Star Atomizers or cast Resta when a party member is injured
2 Battle-Ready Automatically casts Shifta on themselves when nearby enemies
3 Guardian Automatically casts Deband on themselves when nearby enemies
4 Fiery Casts Shifta and Deband on themselves when a party member is defeated
5 Savior Low chance to use Moon Atomizers when a party member is defeated
6 Condition Master Randomly inflicts Burn I, Freeze I, Panic I, Poison I, or Shock I
7 Human-Lover Regularly casts Shifta and Deband when a human party member is nearby
8 Cast Fanatic Regularly casts Shifta and Deband when a cast party member is nearby
9 Newman-Lover Regularly casts Shifta and Deband when a newman party member is nearby
10 Dewman-Lover Regularly casts Shifta and Deband when a dewman party member is nearby
11 Prefers Men Regularly casts Shifta and Deband when a male party member is nearby
12 Prefers Women Regularly casts Shifta and Deband when a female party member is nearby

alt text (In the Nature category, 'Brave' is number 1, 'Poser' is 2, 'Shy' is 3 etc etc.)

This is not a perfect solution but hopefully this works for you, if not temporarily. (Going to be a slight annoyance counting the entries though.)

With all that being said, I am curious to how differently the Traits, Natures & Inclinations are named between the fan translation and the official NA localization.

Traits like 'Enjoys Sun' & 'Enjoys Clouds' are determined/effected by the in-game weather during the quests, not real life weather. While Traits like 'Morning Bird' and 'Night Owl' are real life time based. I have never cared to figure out if they are local time based or server-sided. Pretty sure it's local.

I wonder if the NA version has the 'Demon Hunter', 'Phantom Buster' and 'Targets Luminmechs' Traits as of right now. If it does lack these Traits, then currently it only has 16 Traits. Most likely still sorted in the same order though. If the order of the Traits doesn't match with the JP version, it probably might match with Cirnopedia's then. At one point in time the order of all 3 categories used to correspond with Cirnopedia, before it got outdated and 'died' in 2015.

(EDIT: Against my own laziness, I went to check the order without the fan translation to see if it still matched with the tables above. The order is indeed correct, so nothing wrong with the fan translation at least. I just had to make sure.)

If it all fails, one may only hope that the naming conventions aren't too far apart.

Unless someone eles gets to this I will try and post the new names tomorrow and hopefully we can figure this out together

@SaviorZero82 sry i thought you were asking how to save one not what the descriptions mean