Why SEGA wants NGS to fail? (my love letter to a dying love one)

@Rain-Gnyu said in Why SEGA wants NGS to fail? (my love letter to a dying love one):

When the holidays come in these guys won’t say a word. They all going to disappear. Or they going to try to take credit for any up trend, knowing good and well they tried to destroy the game. But I will be here to remind them. I am cataloging every naysayers and always watching who’s going to change there avatar. Not one is going to admit they were wrong!

I am going to create a thread that is titled............Rain Ginyu was right and lets see who will admit it!!!???

Make sure to pass this on to your fiddle playing bandwagon YouTubers!!!

People complain because they care enough about the game to do so.

@Archetype-Luna said in Why SEGA wants NGS to fail? (my love letter to a dying love one):

@Rain-Gnyu said in Why SEGA wants NGS to fail? (my love letter to a dying love one):

When the holidays come in these guys won’t say a word. They all going to disappear. Or they going to try to take credit for any up trend, knowing good and well they tried to destroy the game. But I will be here to remind them. I am cataloging every naysayers and always watching who’s going to change there avatar. Not one is going to admit they were wrong!

I am going to create a thread that is titled............Rain Ginyu was right and lets see who will admit it!!!???

Make sure to pass this on to your fiddle playing bandwagon YouTubers!!!

People complain because they care enough about the game to do so.

Then make it constructive. Complaining for the sake of it does nothing. If people truly want their voice heard then type in a way that offers what they think would be the best way to do it. Be it handling content rollout or the content itself.

Looooooots of people here are just claiming the game will die and shut down. That isn't constructive in the slightest and only creates pointless arguments.

Who is my comrade and why? I would love to know why you would see any connection between me and any other individuals on this forum when I posted twice in the last 30 days excluding this day. I come to visit this forum every once in a while -> I see laughable topics to enjoy -> I sometimes post my 2cents when I clearly see BS or anticipate any entertainment and that's that. For some reason you are always being part of these topics for all the wrong reasons, so how come you try to be a forum clown so desperately when you could enjoy a great game that is NGS?

@Zeke People tried that and were met with silence. Why spend the time and effort on long, constructive posts offering suggestions, ideas, and so on if they are going to be completely ignored? At best, that one GM responds that they will pass it on, and nothing is ever heard about it again.

@Zeke Most of the people who complained pointed out the flaws in NGS. Often citing things like the lack of content, the market prices, how JP gets better treatment, etc.

In the words of Yoshi P, "A complaint is worth twice a compliment." A complaint shows that they still care enough to complain. They are still more helpful than the silent leavers that make up the majority.

You pointed out FFXIV before and one thing that SE did that Sega hasn't was outright apologized to the players. FFXIV then actually began regularly communicating with its players, actually taking and answering their questions live. The level of management in FFXIV is just vastly superior. This has been mentioned so many times in the past 3 months.

So even if a complaint may not seem constructive, it is still more helpful than someone silently leaving.

"Then make it constructive. Complaining for the sake of it does nothing. If people truly want their voice heard then type in a way that offers what they think would be the best way to do it. Be it handling content rollout or the content itself.

Looooooots of people here are just claiming the game will die and shut down. That isn't constructive in the slightest and only creates pointless arguments."

People used all opportunities to voice their ideas/complaints and never got any response (and all that started basically with base pso2). Once the devs told us that they are satisfied with the market (NA) and update schedule, there is pretty much no reason to have any hope left for the game. How on earth can you claim people are just complaining for the sake of it and mean it when you are part of the community and not trolling? Get out please.

Why are you all wasting your time arguing with someone who's entire argument is loudly not understanding things?

I swear, them getting mentioned in a youtube comment has lead to a five minutes of fame complex that has completely driven them off the deep end.

@Archetype-Luna said in Why SEGA wants NGS to fail? (my love letter to a dying love one):

@Zeke Most of the people who complained pointed out the flaws in NGS. Often citing things like the lack of content, the market prices, how JP gets better treatment, etc.

In the words of Yoshi P, "A complaint is worth twice a compliment." A complaint shows that they still care enough to complain. They are still more helpful than the silent leavers that make up the majority.

You pointed out FFXIV before and one thing that SE did that Sega hasn't was outright apologized to the players. FFXIV then actually began regularly communicating with its players, actually taking and answering their questions live. The level of management in FFXIV is just vastly superior. This has been mentioned so many times in the past 3 months.

So even if a complaint may not seem constructive, it is still more helpful than someone silently leaving.

A complaint that puts down nothing on how to help the game is just as bad as someone leaving without saying anything. Useless complaints hold no value to anyone.

@Furious-0 said in Why SEGA wants NGS to fail? (my love letter to a dying love one):

@Zeke People tried that and were met with silence. Why spend the time and effort on long, constructive posts offering suggestions, ideas, and so on if they are going to be completely ignored? At best, that one GM responds that they will pass it on, and nothing is ever heard about it again.

To be honest if they had replied that they received the feedback and are working on a solution it would be equally dismissed by the community. That's how it always goes when companies make public announcements that they're listening -- words matter not, people just want actions.

Now while that isn't a problem per see, actions take time to happen. I debate wether if SEGA was paying full attention to every single line of feedback from day 1 they would've had time to make meaningful changes to it. Saying they don't listen to feedback is untrue. For in-game stuff they have made a lot of changes (including some controvertial ones like Gigantix no longer being timed).

There are possibly things that they could've done in a few days, things that would take weeks and things that would take months -- that on top of whatever it is they are currently on. Making things is not that simple, it doesn't get done because people want it to get done. Even if they were planning something to address the issues we have so far I doubt it would be something they'd finish in less than two months or so.

Now that doesn't excuse the sorry state the game the game launched on -- which I think is the main issue -- it does show that things cannot get magically fixed by the snap of a finger.

The worst case scenario is SEGA deciding that it isn't worth going to the trouble of dealing with Global's viewpoints and demands and just end the service -- well that would be very bad for people who actually invested on it. I don't see that happening as long as they keep making the mad money they are right now -- because truth be said... angry internet armadas have very little effect on profits, we've seen that time and time again with games beign released in the past decade... two decades even.

I said it before and I'll say it again... The people who are handling this are far more capable, smarter, richer and cunning than us and they know exactly what they are doing -- the moment they don't see this as worth it they'll just put and end to the service and go make money somewhere else.

If we were as smart and capable as we think we are we'd all be rich successful people in here.

I just want to point out - FFXIV, when first released, was a dumpster fire, I think we all can agree on that. The comments and complaints about the game varied, you of course had a lot of game journalists writing out well structured criticism for their articles, you also had players doing the same on reddit, while others just flat out flamed on the game, and others defended it.

Point is, criticism is going to come in many different forms, however, the principal message that the players were trying to tell the developers was still there - That the game was a wreck. FFXIV released on Sept 30th, 2010 and was closed on Nov 11th, 2012 - That is more or less two years of players being critical/complaining about the game. Now while Yoshida did get tagged on early to try and save the game (Dec 2010), he did spend time the first year/ year and a half trying to fix 1.0 until he and the development team realized, "No, we gotta redo the whole game from the ground up." It took time for them to get to that point where they finally realized that shutting it down was the better option to take, despite the overwhelming consensus that the game was a failure from the get go.

So, while the criticism may or may not be constructive enough, any and all criticism does have value. The burden of how to respond to that criticism ultimately falls onto the one receiving it, and well, we know how Squeenix responded. Sega...well, we won't know that for a while.

@Nevyara said in Why SEGA wants NGS to fail? (my love letter to a dying love one):

I just want to point out - FFXIV, when first released, was a dumpster fire, I think we all can agree on that. The comments and complaints about the game varied, you of course had a lot of game journalists writing out well structured criticism for their articles, you also had players doing the same on reddit, while others just flat out flamed on the game, and others defended it.

Point is, criticism is going to come in many different forms, however, the principal message that the players were trying to tell the developers was still there - That the game was a wreck. FFXIV released on Sept 30th, 2010 and was closed on Nov 11th, 2012 - That is more or less two years of players being critical/complaining about the game. Now while Yoshida did get tagged on early to try and save the game (Dec 2010), he did spend time the first year/ year and a half trying to fix 1.0 until he and the development team realized, "No, we gotta redo the whole game from the ground up." It took time for them to get to that point where they finally realized that shutting it down was the better option to take, despite the overwhelming consensus that the game was a failure from the get go.

So, while the criticism may or may not be constructive enough, any and all criticism does have value. The burden of how to respond to that criticism ultimately falls onto the one receiving it, and well, we know how Squeenix responded. Sega...well, we won't know that for a while.

Absolutely the case and a great example to use.

Unfortuantely it takes time, things won't change next maintenance, it is just not possible to make changes in such limited time. It might feel like it is taking forever for us but... Realistically... It's not been long, at all, we just feel it much harder for expecting chances to come every wednesday and nothing.

There is no sizeable chance coming before the winter update, there is just not enough time to do it if they are really willing to. We just need to look at the content cycle for any MMO and see how long sizeable updates come -- PSO2 Global was an anomaly of fast content because it was already made.

If you really want chances to come... Check again in December/January. Before that we are all free to complain, get angry, organize hate threads ------ or be like respectful people and provide polite feedback and conversations, that would be really great to have more of ----- but it is very unlikely that anything sizeable will happen when there was barely time for it to come out of planning stage.

@TheLinksow Well to be honest with you, from I what read PSO2 ep5's director is infamous for not taking criticism well. Which is why people want ep6's director to be the one doing NGS instead of ep5's director.

@TheLamp5 said in Why SEGA wants NGS to fail? (my love letter to a dying love one):

@TheLinksow Well to be honest with you, from I what read PSO2 ep5's director is infamous for not taking criticism well. Which is why people want ep6's director to be the one doing NGS instead of ep5's director.

And who are these people again? Are you talking about me?

@TheLamp5 said in Why SEGA wants NGS to fail? (my love letter to a dying love one):

And who are these people again? Are you talking about me?

e21129c9-d835-4901-9d5c-d92416ef00f2-image.png

Begone Rain I wasn't talking to you.