Why SEGA wants NGS to fail? (my love letter to a dying love one)

Even thou we can say this game is beautiful on its mechanical core I can't stop making a question "Why sega wants this game to fail?"

SEGA is the biggest "Inept" word ever, when other MMO are blooming thanks to WoW massive bleeding of players somehow SEGA managed to bleed more players than Blizzard and Hiro Arai does absolutely nothing besides sabotaging themselves, like turning off comments in YT stream annoucements which only reflects they don't give a damn about players opinion even more than the Survey.

Putting any technical issues aside this game have fatal flaws on it's MMO core, what do I mean? This game can't hold old players nor new players, Premiun is a MEME and the F2P experience is broken, who in it's sane mind (I'm insane but I feel more regret each day) would decide to spend money in this game when the first thing you have to face will be the follwing problems:

-The Market is broken by 5 or 10 single scalpers by ship that buy everything until they can re-sell them for over 10m.

-There is no way to get money from enemies in game because all of them give 20 meseta.

-Exchanging a 4* weapon like straga for cash give you only 65 meseta.

-Doing every single quest and picking reactors every day religiously will barely give you around 1m weekly.

-RMT breaks the market even more since AC scratches are expensive AF and won't guarantee you to get what you want, also is the quickest way you can afford scalper prices.

-There is no trading to at least give something away to a friend.

-There is no access to the shop for players to make money as non premiun player since FUN scratches shop tickets don't exist.

-There is NO CONTENT to make money besides doing an UQ that has no Schedule.

-The content is boring, unrewarding and uninteresting, the only good thing this game has is the character creator but none one can afford anything as F2P, so you can't even make your waifu/husbando look good without scratching AC or buying RMT

Before people come saying my criticism is not constructive... When even your most "Shill" content creator start to panic you know things are going wrong and no Vtuber will save you they have better things to do. The issues I mentioned are facts, they happened, they happen and cotinue to happen and the solutions are simple to implement:

-Give access to the shop to F2P players so they can make n-meseta from their items

-Use BDO market, bidding system and general system to avoid scalpers to ruin the economy or at least don't destroy it already while game is basicaly an open beta (that is how it feels PSO1 on dreamcast had at least all biomes from the start 20years ago)

-Lower the AC scratches prices or at least give a "exchange tickets" before having to scratch 30 times that's 5600AC.

-Increase n-meseta from enemies or n-meseta rewards on the UQ (let the poor guys afford their bikinis by just playing the game ffs)

-Give back the trading option to premiun players at least people can be free to give something away without having the risk of some scalper to buy it from us.

I have no idea what SEGA has in mind with the content and I don't really care, also our players community is at least MENTALLY CHALLENGED at managing the market and we can't control that but at least these solutions can patch a bit the wound that makes this game unrewarding and make people say "hell no, I can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award-winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for FREE with no restrictions on playtime!" (it does have other restrictions but it won't stop you from ENJOYING the game).

You can't stop RMT from happening and now even less since for some reason you dum dums made all the stores anonymous so NOBODY can tell who is selling items to RMT nor identify scalpers to at least try to haggle with them (yes you made your GMs useless they can just ban bots now).

Also, scalpers there is no a craddle triggers on NGS to afford your scalp prices without RMT, you have money that you will never use and ruining the game itself and everyone experience, I hope you hit your pinky toes every day.

@Prancing_Cat said in Why SEGA wants NGS to fail? (my love letter to a dying love one):

I hope you hit your pinky toes every day.

Never have I read something so filled with such palpable hatred.

BDO's market system is inefficient, it makes many items not worth producing (I spent almost 1 year looking at prices, product sales etc, it is the most stupid system I have seen, a sw should not limit the prices they set users never ever), the unique thing that has to be done is something very simple, make ac items can only be sold once, whoever buys it would be linked to it (if you don't like this option it is because you are a reseller like me :D)

giving more meseta to users will only create more inflation, what is done in this case is to place an option to spend meseta on something that users use from time to time, such as passes for the salon and color change for suits (100,000 ?), spending meseta on upgrading equipment is temporary and not everyone spends a lot on it

@Prancing_Cat said in Why SEGA wants NGS to fail? (my love letter to a dying love one):

Even thou we can say this game is beautiful on its mechanical core I can't stop making a question "Why sega wants this game to fail?"

No game company designs and runs a game with the intention of wanting a game to fail, sure they fail to bad decision making etc but that’s not the same thing.

SEGA is the biggest "Inept" word ever, when other MMO are blooming thanks to WoW massive bleeding of players somehow SEGA managed to bleed more players than Blizzard and Hiro Arai does absolutely nothing besides sabotaging themselves, like turning off comments in YT stream annoucements which only reflects they don't give a damn about players opinion even more than the Survey.

While ngs has lost players since launch and sure it would have lost less if theirs was more for people to do, but to say it’s lost more players than wow, when it had a fraction of the player base of wow to begin with is a gross exaggeration.

Putting any technical issues aside this game have fatal flaws on it's MMO core, what do I mean? This game can't hold old players nor new players, Premiun is a MEME and the F2P experience is broken, who in it's sane mind (I'm insane but I feel more regret each day) would decide to spend money in this game when the first thing you have to face will be the follwing problems:

-The Market is broken by 5 or 10 single scalpers by ship that buy everything until they can re-sell them for over 10m.

I’d love to know where you got this number from? I’m not saying scalpers aren’t an issue, but this a very specific numbers range.

-There is no way to get money from enemies in game because all of them give 20 meseta.

Nope only the small enemies give that amount, bosses, vets, and gigas give anywhere between 120-340 mesta. Also it doesn’t matter how high this number is it wouldn’t solve the affordability issue of buying items from the market but more on that later

-Exchanging a 4* weapon like straga for cash give you only 65 meseta.

Even on the shops they are going for 1k each, that’s if you can even sell them, I actually npc them now unless they have a Fixa. Again increasing the amount of mesta from the npc wouldn’t help at all.

-Doing every single quest and picking reactors every day religiously will barely give you around 1m weekly.

They’ve already increased the amount of mesta you get each week by 200k, they could increase it by 10million, but it still wouldn’t help.

-RMT breaks the market even more since AC scratches are expensive AF and won't guarantee you to get what you want, also is the quickest way you can afford scalper prices.

Sega have made changes to try and reduce or stop RMT, one of them being completely locking the shop till you’ve done Mt Magnus, and it seems to be working I can’t even remember the last time I saw a bot advertising in game. Of course I have no way to tell how much is going on outside the game

-There is no trading to at least give something away to a friend.

This is almost certainly a change they made to hinder RMT, it would be nice if sega gave us what the reason was but it’s the only thing that makes sense. Considering it was one of the main reasons people brought premium.

-There is no access to the shop for players to make money as non premiun player since FUN scratches shop tickets don't exist.

This is the first point you’ve made that I actually agree with, even putting a single one day pass in the login stamps would help F2P afford to buy stuff from the shop.

-There is NO CONTENT to make money besides doing an UQ that has no Schedule.

Yes would be great to have a schedule for both UQs and storms, but again even if everything in the game dropped more mesta, it still wouldn’t help with buying stuff of the market. Here’s the reason why the market would simple inflate and adjust to that amount of mesta being pumped into the game, the easiest way to help with this is to give F2P some access to the shop.

-The content is boring, unrewarding and uninteresting, the only good thing this game has is the character creator but none one can afford anything as F2P, so you can't even make your waifu/husbando look good without scratching AC or buying RMT

This is all personal opinion, I know plenty of people who have no problem playing the current content. That doesn’t mean they couldn’t make changes to what we have like schedules, making sure a vet is always available in a room etc, and that it wouldn’t be great to have more content to do. You definitely do not need to do RMT, though anyway that’s willing to spend AC is always going to have it easiser to make mesta even if it just the shop pass. This is really the way it should be, not a lot of incentive to spend AC if someone who’s F2P can just buy everything in game that someone else had to spend real money on. Though giving F2P some access to the shop is definitely something they should do has it will at least give them some way of making mesta outside of raw mesta drops to buy the stuff they really want.

Before people come saying my criticism is not constructive... When even your most "Shill" content creator start to panic you know things are going wrong and no Vtuber will save you they have better things to do. The issues I mentioned are facts, they happened, they happen and cotinue to happen and the solutions are simple to implement:

I think I’ve pointed out enough that except for a few points most of what you’ve said is not fact.

-Give access to the shop to F2P players so they can make n-meseta from their items

Agreed give F2P some access to the shop.

-Lower the AC scratches prices or at least give a "exchange tickets" before having to scratch 30 times that's 5600AC.

Something I would love to see, though highly unlikely they had these prices for a long time.

-Increase n-meseta from enemies or n-meseta rewards on the UQ (let the poor guys afford their bikinis by just playing the game ffs)

Pointed out and explained how this won’t help at all has the market will just simply inflate and adapt to this new increased source of raw mesta.

-Give back the trading option to premiun players at least people can be free to give something away without having the risk of some scalper to buy it from us.

I know a lot of people would love this, though I would want to hear the exact reasoning sega took this out to begin with, before they put it back.

I have no idea what SEGA has in mind with the content and I don't really care, also our players community is at least MENTALLY CHALLENGED at managing the market and we can't control that but at least these solutions can patch a bit the wound that makes this game unrewarding and make people say "hell no, I can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award-winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for FREE with no restrictions on playtime!" (it does have other restrictions but it won't stop you from ENJOYING the game).

Ngs has no restrictions on playtime either, and none on stopping you leveling up past a certain point. The issues you have with the game and that stop you from enjoying the game is you’re personal opinion, I know plenty of F2P that have a lot of fun on the game, and actually have some of the best gear I’ve seen. I’m not saying you don’t have a right to your opinions, and that you shouldn’t share what you do or dislike about the game, but they are just that your opinion not a fact which you in your own words have said these statements are.

You can't stop RMT from happening and now even less since for some reason you dum dums made all the stores anonymous so NOBODY can tell who is selling items to RMT nor identify scalpers to at least try to haggle with them (yes you made your GMs useless they can just ban bots now).

Just because we don’t have access to this information and it’s a shame we don’t, and hopefully something they add in later. But that doesn’t mean sega doesn’t have access to this information.

Also, scalpers there is no a craddle triggers on NGS to afford your scalp prices without RMT, you have money that you will never use and ruining the game itself and everyone experience, I hope you hit your pinky toes every day.

I really don’t think scalpers are driving the price up has much has you think at least on stuff like emotes and stuff. I’ve been watching the market pretty closely, and they stay at more at least the same price since the scratch drops. So it’s mostly just what people are listing these items for, and I can hardly blame them I’ve seen people draw 60 scratches and not get a single featured item, so when they do get something valuable, it’s hardly surprising that they want a lot for it. I’m sure scalpers are definitely driving some prices up but it’s not the only factor affecting the prices.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Why SEGA wants NGS to fail? (my love letter to a dying love one):

No game company designs and runs a game with the intention of wanting a game to fail, sure they fail to bad decision making etc but that’s not the same thing.

I disagree, when they decided to put Hiro Arai and HMZK who were guilty of E4 and E5 the weird direction and the lowest point in the game makes you think this is either a money grab or they don't give a damn and even less about global.

We have the dead of PSO2 Ocenia preceding us, SEGA JP doesn't give a damn about us, they just straight up eliminate a comment section from their announcement in TY and made the worse survey ever. Knowing how Hiro operates if global dies we would be making him a favor, it would be less work for him (less lawsuits) and he still gets payed.

While ngs has lost players since launch and sure it would have lost less if theirs was more for people to do, but to say it’s lost more players than wow, when it had a fraction of the player base of wow to begin with is a gross exaggeration.

It's called proportions it's not about the raw number of players it's about the % of players ( I don't know how you didn't get that) the game went from 60k people to 4k, how do you bleed 90% population with no signal of growing up and do nothing? not even WoW bled that huge portion of it's population in such a short period of time.

I’d love to know where you got this number from? I’m not saying scalpers aren’t an issue, but this a very specific numbers range.

With time you start knowing names, they boast about it, they brag about it, they post pictures about it and somes even walk around flexing it with a menssage over their heads and most importantly they know each other.

Nope only the small enemies give that amount, bosses, vets, and gigas give anywhere between 120-340 mesta. Also it doesn’t matter how high this number is it wouldn’t solve the affordability issue of buying items from the market but more on that later

Bosses, Gigax are random spawn vet have huge time gaps still not rewarding enough for nothing.

Even on the shops they are going for 1k each, that’s if you can even sell them, I actually npc them now unless they have a Fixa. Again increasing the amount of mesta from the npc wouldn’t help at all.

Exactly but F2P can't sell nothing they have no acess to shop and 1k still better than 65 nm

They’ve already increased the amount of mesta you get each week by 200k, they could increase it by 10million, but it still wouldn’t help.

It would help if the put a cap to stuff or at least as other person suggested in this thread @Chantro "made items selleable just once"

Sega have made changes to try and reduce or stop RMT, one of them being completely locking the shop till you’ve done Mt Magnus, and it seems to be working I can’t even remember the last time I saw a bot advertising in game. Of course I have no way to tell how much is going on outside the game

Bruh... the bots were just an annoyance people can use google and get results, RMT has not been solve at all people who does it just don't talk about it openly for obvious reason

Also RMT are people live from this do you think such an isignificant change like MT Magnus will stop them? No specially when story mode is easy and short AF, GW2 faction starting quest are twince as long at our whole Story content.

This is almost certainly a change they made to hinder RMT, it would be nice if sega gave us what the reason was but it’s the only thing that makes sense. Considering it was one of the main reasons people brought premium.

It didn't hider them RMT are unaffected at all, this is just SEGA being Inept as always (over 25 years watching SEGA f-ing up since Genesis)

Yes would be great to have a schedule for both UQs and storms, but again even if everything in the game dropped more mesta, it still wouldn’t help with buying stuff of the market. Here’s the reason why the market would simple inflate and adjust to that amount of mesta being pumped into the game, the easiest way to help with this is to give F2P some access to the shop.

(Discarding the market inflation issue since it was argued before) scheudling is still important to make the game enjoyable because holy hell it's hard to get an 8/8 team for a defense mission when your alliance and friends have a real life and you don't want to go with randoms because those UQ are nightmares because of the players not the difficulty.

This is all personal opinion, I know plenty of people who have no problem playing the current content. That doesn’t mean they couldn’t make changes to what we have like schedules, making sure a vet is always available in a room etc, and that it wouldn’t be great to have more content to do. You definitely do not need to do RMT, though anyway that’s willing to spend AC is always going to have it easiser to make mesta even if it just the shop pass. This is really the way it should be, not a lot of incentive to spend AC if someone who’s F2P can just buy everything in game that someone else had to spend real money on. Though giving F2P some access to the shop is definitely something they should do has it will at least give them some way of making mesta outside of raw mesta drops to buy the stuff they really want.

Those people must have a mental disorder or are high on "COPIUM" like me until few days ago but after reading Hiro interview I said "enough", the content is bad, inconsistent and there is no way to get pretty stuff at all.

In old PSO2 players had the F.U.N. scratch which allowed players to be creative enough to pull out something up but not anymore, there is nothing valuable at NPC shops that can be obtained with in game currency to give you some sense of reward that isn't using my credit card, at least they could give us cammos with badges like before even if it means hunting 10.000.000 Gigas and probably some people would already have it (kudos to Giga Murderers).

The shop it's a real issue and for some people RMT is their only option too because they sadly live in a country like my birth country, SEGA doesn't sell AC to those countries on the microsoft nor Steam shop because of USA goverment has regulations against those countries.

I think I’ve pointed out enough that except for a few points most of what you’ve said is not fact.

Somes are debatible because I can't go Japan to torture Hiro until I get a confession, Im sure he is a Bandai Namco spy sabotaging NGS leaving free space for Blue Protocol (Tin foil hat).

Ngs has no restrictions on playtime either, and none on stopping you leveling up past a certain point. The issues you have with the game and that stop you from enjoying the game is you’re personal opinion, I know plenty of F2P that have a lot of fun on the game, and actually have some of the best gear I’ve seen. I’m not saying you don’t have a right to your opinions, and that you shouldn’t share what you do or dislike about the game, but they are just that your opinion not a fact which you in your own words have said these statements are.

You totally missed the point on this one, the whole point is that FFXIV is way more enjoyable than NGS just as a Free Trial, this is factual evidence supported by numbers, popularity and there is nothing NGS has to offer against FFXIV besides maybe the combat and custom bewbs with 8 different accesories.

Even with the restrictions to the players shop on FFXIV you still can get everything to customize yourself with in game currency, the NPC shops sell useful thing, you can even paint your armor for free, FFXIV is a game that WANTS YOU to ENJOY it because they WANT YOU to BUY IT.

What do we have in NGS that feels like that? nothing we just have Hiro Arai telling us "go get credit card and buy bikini".

Just because we don’t have access to this information and it’s a shame we don’t, and hopefully something they add in later. But that doesn’t mean sega doesn’t have access to this information.

They don't, I know and I can't say more, if SEGA knows it isn't their GM's.

I really don’t think scalpers are driving the price up has much has you think at least on stuff like emotes and stuff. I’ve been watching the market pretty closely, and they stay at more at least the same price since the scratch drops. So it’s mostly just what people are listing these items for, and I can hardly blame them I’ve seen people draw 60 scratches and not get a single featured item, so when they do get something valuable, it’s hardly surprising that they want a lot for it. I’m sure scalpers are definitely driving some prices up but it’s not the only factor affecting the prices.

They do raise it a lot, these are people that have between 300m-600m (and growing more as I write) they buy everything on launch day and push up the price of anything that is undercuting, they can buy up to 10 emotes on 2-3m and push them back to 5m o more and the people that can afford their prices are people buying to the RMT.

I'm a Hoarder, I buy my AC to scracth my stuff and let it root in my bank until it's rarity increases, scalpers on the other hand are toxic for market, they actively take away the oportunity from others to buy stuff on a natural market to sell them 3 times more expensive because in their sick minds "it should worth that much" only to feed their stupid egos with fake money they won't use at all because most of them don't even play the game even when there is fresh content.

Seriously I hope they mutate and get 2 pinky toes to hit at the same time.

@Chantro surprised pikachu face

This is actually a nice idea, limiting the times you can sell an item to avoid the same item to be scalped again and again.

SEGA hire this man.

Keep it up people and this game will go to a subscription platform. Because the underlying tones of these complaining thread post is nothing more than (some not all) F2P players who don’t want to support the game but want same advantages a premium player has. Those numbers that Sega is looking at, and are comfortable with, are the premium players who are enjoying the game in spite of the doomsday predictions. You guys keep it up and they going to change the game to the same type of format FFXIV is doing and you really going to be crying. You keep on pushing this fake narrative and Sega going to give you the real one!

Your YouTube bandwagon favorite are going to abandon the F2P community to ride that money train!!!!

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Why SEGA wants NGS to fail? (my love letter to a dying love one):

I disagree, when they decided to put Hiro Arai and HMZK who were guilty of E4 and E5 the weird direction and the lowest point in the game makes you think this is either a money grab or they don't give a damn and even less about global.

We have the dead of PSO2 Ocenia preceding us, SEGA JP doesn't give a damn about us, they just straight up eliminate a comment section from their announcement in TY and made the worse survey ever. Knowing how Hiro operates if global dies we would be making him a favor, it would be less work for him (less lawsuits) and he still gets payed.

I don’t deny they’ve made some very bad decisions in the past ep5 is a very clear example of that, which they had to make a public apology for, but to say a game company wants a game to fail is kind of insane. Think about it pso has been a stable source of income for them for the best part of 20 years now, add in the fact all the losses in revenue due to the COVID-19 outbreak, they would need this game to be doing well finically. While it’s extremely annoying when companies turn off the comments section in videos, they generally do it to stop negative comments spreading which if they didn’t care if the game failed they wouldn’t even bother doing. Not saying I agree with it, it’s just what it is. Our version of ngs is exactly the same has the jp version, we get the same updates (with the exception of a few collabs) and maintenance at the same time.

It's called proportions it's not about the raw number of players it's about the % of players ( I don't know how you didn't get that) the game went from 60k people to 4k, how do you bleed 90% population with no signal of growing up and do nothing? not even WoW bled that huge portion of it's population in such a short period of time.

I was looking at player numbers not percentages. Nearly every game has a pretty big drop off after the initial launch, and it’s a lot easier to get a higher % drop when the player count is a lot smaller to begin with, so comparing the two is kind of like comparing apples and oranges. That’s doesn’t mean people and sega shouldn’t be paying attention to the numbers though.

Bosses, Gigax are random spawn vet have huge time gaps still not rewarding enough for nothing.

Most of the reward is in the items they drop, and has we’ve already discussed increasing the mesta drops from them is going to do very little to help F2P.

Exactly but F2P can't sell nothing they have no acess to shop and 1k still better than 65 nm

We’ve got to very careful how much mesta you can get from the npc, just look at cradle and how quickly that destroyed the economy.

It would help if the put a cap to stuff or at least as other person suggested in this thread @Chantro "made items selleable just once"

I’ve seen this suggestion a few times, and I really don’t think it would have the effect people would want. tI would very likely greatly reduce the money they make in the game and would do very little to reduce the prices of AC items except in maybe the first few days, let me explain.

One of the main reasons people buy AC items is either to flip them, or to store them for later to sell when the item is not in circulation anymore. Doing this would completely remove this option which means far less people buying AC items of the shop, which would then have a knock on effect to people buying the AC scratches. One of the main reasons people buy AC scratch is to make mesta selling them, which is only going to be harder with less people buying of the shop and initially driving prices down making it less profitable for these people to sell their AC items. Which in turn will mean they will buy less AC scratch the supply will go down and prices will go back up, eventually supply and demand will find a new equilibrium with the only difference being now the game is making less money. Then let’s get into what happens once a scratch goes away, you are going to have a situation where the supply is going to run out very fast and prices skyrocketing has a result has no one but the original buyers who didn’t sell the items to begin with would be able to list any of these items, so we are still going to have a situation where we have very high priced AC items.

Bruh... the bots were just an annoyance people can use google and get results, RMT has not been solve at all people who does it just don't talk about it openly for obvious reason

Also RMT are people live from this do you think such an isignificant change like MT Magnus will stop them? No specially when story mode is easy and short AF, GW2 faction starting quest are twince as long at our whole Story content.

The bots have had no issue advertising in public up until now, and they’ve stopped since this change has happened so it’s had some effect at least.

It didn't hider them RMT are unaffected at all, this is just SEGA being Inept as always (over 25 years watching SEGA f-ing up since Genesis)

Do you really think they would take away one of the main features of premium for the hell of it and not for an actual reason? Of course wether this decision has had the effect they wanted I can’t say has they have never gives us the exact reason why they took it away.

(Discarding the market inflation issue since it was argued before) scheudling is still important to make the game enjoyable because holy hell it's hard to get an 8/8 team for a defense mission when your alliance and friends have a real life and you don't want to go with randoms because those UQ are nightmares because of the players not the difficulty.

Yep I already agreed that having a schedule would be great.

Those people must have a mental disorder or are high on "COPIUM" like me until few days ago but after reading Hiro interview I said "enough", the content is bad, inconsistent and there is no way to get pretty stuff at all.

In old PSO2 players had the F.U.N. scratch which allowed players to be creative enough to pull out something up but not anymore, there is nothing valuable at NPC shops that can be obtained with in game currency to give you some sense of reward that isn't using my credit card, at least they could give us cammos with badges like before even if it means hunting 10.000.000 Gigas and probably some people would already have it (kudos to Giga Murderers).

Yep all the mesta you make is to be used on the player store, wether that be weapon, units, affixes, cosmetics. While I personally loved the idea of Zig, I know not everyone liked it so they’ve at least for now anyway gone away from npc vendors and everything that is worth is buying is through the player shop.

The shop it's a real issue and for some people RMT is their only option too because they sadly live in a country like my birth country, SEGA doesn't sell AC to those countries on the microsoft nor Steam shop because of USA goverment has regulations against those countries.

RMT isnt the only way to get mesta In these countries you can buy gift cards for a country that you can purchase AC from. Also pretty sure it has nothing to do with the USA government, and the laws of that specific country, like holland having very strict gacha laws.

You totally missed the point on this one, the whole point is that FFXIV is way more enjoyable than NGS just as a Free Trial, this is factual evidence supported by numbers, popularity and there is nothing NGS has to offer against FFXIV besides maybe the combat and custom bewbs with 8 different accesories.

You’re also comparing a game that’s been out for years and has had multiple expansions to a game that’s only just come out. The original version of ff xiv was so bad they had to shut it down and go back to the drawing board. That doesn’t mean ngs doesn’t have its own flaws that need to be addressed, but comparing ffxiv and ngs at when they had been out for the same amount of time would be a more realistic comparison

Even with the restrictions to the players shop on FFXIV you still can get everything to customize yourself with in game currency, the NPC shops sell useful thing, you can even paint your armor for free, FFXIV is a game that WANTS YOU to ENJOY it because they WANT YOU to BUY IT.

What do we have in NGS that feels like that? nothing we just have Hiro Arai telling us "go get credit card and buy bikini".

Theirs only a handful of cosmetics items that are truly unavailable to F2P which are the items locked behind scratch bonuses, everything else can be brought with ingame mesta. Of course has a F2P you are going to have to pretty selective with what you buy but the option is still there. You can also edit your char for free has well the game gives you saloon passes and you can earn SG to buy additional passes if you want. I would of course love to see them make some changes to the system like being able to change your hair colour with out a need to use a pass, or allow premium users to change their looks whenever they want.

They don't, I know and I can't say more, if SEGA knows it isn't their GM's.

I find this very hard to believe, at least without seeing some very significant evidence. Look at all those ark reports they published had very detailed stats on a whole range of stats. If you have something to show but don’t feel comfortable sharing on the forums can always message me it.

I'm a Hoarder, I buy my AC to scracth my stuff and let it root in my bank until it's rarity increases, scalpers on the other hand are toxic for market, they actively take away the oportunity from others to buy stuff on a natural market to sell them 3 times more expensive because in their sick minds "it should worth that much" only to feed their stupid egos with fake money they won't use at all because most of them don't even play the game even when there is fresh content.

Seriously I hope they mutate and get 2 pinky toes to hit at the same time.

Yeah I don’t think anyone really likes scalpers

@Rain-Gnyu said in Why SEGA wants NGS to fail? (my love letter to a dying love one):

Keep it up people and this game will go to a subscription platform. Because the underlying tones of these complaining thread post is nothing more than (some not all) F2P players who don’t want to support the game but want same advantages a premium player has. Those numbers that Sega is looking at, and are comfortable with, are the premium players who are enjoying the game in spite of the doomsday predictions. You guys keep it up and they going to change the game to the same type of format FFXIV is doing and you really going to be crying. You keep on pushing this fake narrative and Sega going to give you the real one!

Your YouTube bandwagon favorite are going to abandon the F2P community to ride that money train!!!!

There is literally 0 chance of this happening, pay to play games require steady content streams and actual work put into them to maintain subscriptions.

@DoBarrelRolls Indeed. This isn't the first time @Rain-Gnyu has posted that dumb remark. SEGA - "The game is floundering, let's make it so people are FORCED to pay for it instead with nothing more gained from it!" I'm convinced Rain is just out of touch with reality. Good for him for enjoying the game, but he's loopy if he thinks this game will ever go P2P.

@Rain-Gnyu said in Why SEGA wants NGS to fail? (my love letter to a dying love one):

You forget that there are paying customers who are complaining as well. If the game went p2p, you would be the one crying because the game would shut down shortly after. A game has to be successful to be p2p.

Honestly, at this point, it kind of feels like you are just poor shaming f2p players.

@Furious-0 said in Why SEGA wants NGS to fail? (my love letter to a dying love one):

@DoBarrelRolls Indeed. This isn't the first time @Rain-Gnyu has posted that dumb remark. SEGA - "The game is floundering, let's make it so people are FORCED to pay for it instead with nothing more gained from it!" I'm convinced Rain is just out of touch with reality. Good for him for enjoying the game, but he's loopy if he thinks this game will ever go P2P.

I am trying to warn you guys! They testing it by not giving F2P access to sell on the market. The metrics is right there. You guys are not paying attention! Read between the lines of that interview and their actual actions. Keep on comparing Pso2 NGS to FFXIV and you will get just that, subscription platform you don’t want.

Asides from this lame talk, lemme at least correct something.

SEGA is the biggest "Inept" word ever, when other MMO are blooming thanks to WoW massive bleeding of players somehow SEGA managed to bleed more players than Blizzard and Hiro Arai does absolutely nothing besides sabotaging themselves

Hiro Arai isn't in control of the developer team. He just directs the PSO2 Headlines. If you want to complain, the real director is Hamazaki. I think he was the one who also worked on base PSO2 EP5.

@Rain-Gnyu No, they were just being greedy, and even if they were, that test failed horribly on global. They can't switch to a p2p model because the game does not have enough players nor content. So yeah, people can keep bringing up FFXIV, because maybe Sega will take some actual notes from FFXIV's management.