Hiro Arai himself confirms they will keep following their update model and that global has a good and healthy marketplace

@Zeke It will exist for it in December

@Nevyara said in Hiro Arai himself confirms they will keep following their update model and that global has a good and healthy marketplace:

@NIC

In before the "But this is a f2p mmo therefore you can't compare the two because they are not the same." point.

@NIC said in Hiro Arai himself confirms they will keep following their update model and that global has a good and healthy marketplace:

@Nevyara said in Hiro Arai himself confirms they will keep following their update model and that global has a good and healthy marketplace:

@NIC

In before the "But this is a f2p mmo therefore you can't compare the two because they are not the same." point.

This is a better argument then "Discussing PSO2 negatively on the PSO2 forums is just causing drama."

I mean you guys are proving my point of sides not budging. What else is there to say? It's either agree and call it a day or deny and keep talking. It's circlejerking on all sides which is what the thread turned into.

@Zeke said in Hiro Arai himself confirms they will keep following their update model and that global has a good and healthy marketplace:

@NIC

@NIC said in Hiro Arai himself confirms they will keep following their update model and that global has a good and healthy marketplace:

@NIC

This is a better argument then "Discussing PSO2 negatively on the PSO2 forums is just causing drama."

I mean you guys are proving my point of sides not budging. What else is there to say? It's either agree and call it a day or deny and keep talking. It's circlejerking on all sides which is what the thread turned into.

It's a circlejerk because people in this thread don't agree with you?

It's drama because people are responding to you in a thread on a forums?

@Zeke said in Hiro Arai himself confirms they will keep following their update model and that global has a good and healthy marketplace:

It's why I said earlier that people create or fall for drama created in this thread or forums in general. It ends up being a circlejerk for both sides going at each other throats. If and until this game announces its closure this thread holds little value because most of what's being said here isn't constructive. Just drama with more drama over things people here can't control.

Some of us might sound a tad inflamatory in our attitude about the game but everyone here (as far as I know) wants this game to continue and be better and, at least I also think, some of us tend to not go for the throat between each other as, well, it doesn't benefit the game nor ourselves.

Many of us don't write stuff for the sake of drama, but for us to be heard. It isn't that we can't "control", it is so that SEGA JP listens. Not a circlejerk or an echo chamber, but to voice our opinions, which are from many very negative about the game's state. It is complaining about a game that:

1. Has done all kinds of circumvents cutting stuff from the Global version instead of simply removing N-Meseta from red boxes and/or making market items one transaction only. And the representant voicing that there isn't enough N-Meseta flowing. While keeping the market as a premium only option.
  2. Wants to release big content patches in half a year while all that has to show are two events that have really little to do, awards or lifetime. And on top of that, when the currently most successful MMO is going to release their big expansion.

I mean there is more but I don't want to talk your ear off as you have heard the stuff many times voiced in as many different ways possible.

The people that lost all hope aren't here anymore. We keep on talking cause it is what we want... so that those people might come back someday.

@NIC

@NIC

@NIC

@NIC

I entered page 14 of this thread. It's pretty clear I'm not referring to me. Trying to twist my statements into that is moot because of how long this thread has been going.

@Aumires said in Hiro Arai himself confirms they will keep following their update model and that global has a good and healthy marketplace:

It's why I said earlier that people create or fall for drama created in this thread or forums in general. It ends up being a circlejerk for both sides going at each other throats. If and until this game announces its closure this thread holds little value because most of what's being said here isn't constructive. Just drama with more drama over things people here can't control.

Some of us might sound a tad inflamatory in our attitude about the game but everyone here (as far as I know) wants this game to continue and be better and, at least I also think, some of us tend to not go for the throat between each other as, well, it doesn't benefit the game nor ourselves.

Many of us don't write stuff for the sake of drama, but for us to be heard. It isn't that we can't "control", it is so that SEGA JP listens. Not a circlejerk or an echo chamber, but to voice our opinions, which are from many very negative about the game's state. It is complaining about a game that:

1. Has done all kinds of circumvents cutting stuff from the Global version instead of simply removing N-Meseta from red boxes and/or making market items one transaction only. And the representant voicing that there isn't enough N-Meseta flowing. While keeping the market as a premium only option.
  2. Wants to release big content patches in half a year while all that has to show are two events that have really little to do, awards or lifetime. And on top of that, when the currently most successful MMO is going to release their big expansion.

I mean there is more but I don't want to talk your ear off as you have heard the stuff many times voiced in as many different ways possible.

The people that lost all hope aren't here anymore. We keep on talking cause it is what we want... so that those people might come back someday.

People last hope in ESO and look at that. People lost hope in FF14 and look at that. People lost hope in BDO and look at that. People lost hope in pso2 and look at that.

Games change for the better(most anyways) overtime. I see this one as being no different. Only time will tell if this is one of them. I personally believe so.

And I hope so too. But we need to keep complaining so that time can actually tell, sadly. That's at least what got FF14 into doing such a turnaround and even a public apology. I don't want NGS to reach THAT point.

@Aumires said in Hiro Arai himself confirms they will keep following their update model and that global has a good and healthy marketplace:

And I hope so too. But we need to keep complaining so that time can actually tell, sadly. That's at least what got FF14 into doing such a turnaround and even a public apology. I don't want NGS to reach THAT point.

As long as it's constructive. Lot of threads and comments here are far from that.

You are always going to find less than what one may consider "constructive criticism" in the sea of criticism, unfortunately. Some have difficulty putting their emotions into words, others may be able to articulate what they are feeling better. While I do see some getting carried away at times, and plenty of heated arguments, for the most part, for as small of a population as we are being active on the forums, most of the criticism is indeed constructive.

We have those that are full of sarcasm and sass, and others that go way extreme off one end or the other. The fact of the matter is that you are always going to find, within any forum space, these types of individuals. And yes, while it can be incredibly frustrating to deal with and see, it's just another normal day on the internet.

I took issues with the statement

That's why you go off of financial quarters. Doesn't really matter what people here say because their last quarter was great for them. They even added a comment that PSO2 NGS was one of the key factors for it being high. I think the total was 450 million USD they made last quarter? Not exactly an amount to scoff at.

It was why I posted SEGA's previous financial quarter data where they boasted Sakura Revolution as strong performance yet still decide to shut it down during the following quarter (game lasted 6 months). 450 mil is sure nothing to "scoff" at and you are claiming it was great for them - but is it that great that the company's net worth (shareholder's equity) went down from March 2021 to June 2021.

I'm not saying NGS is going to shut down like Sakura Revolution but rather don't take those financial presentations or media articles about them at their face value - they are designed to soothe investors.

Please remember that the interview happened 2 months ago, aka before everyone started to get pissed off at the state of the game.

Also, the 2nd part of the interview is missing.

@HarmlessSyan said in Hiro Arai himself confirms they will keep following their update model and that global has a good and healthy marketplace:

I'm not saying NGS is going to shut down like Sakura Revolution but rather don't take those financial presentations or media articles about them at their face value - they are designed to soothe investors.

Bingo. Talking pretty and flexing words around to make the investors happy is the primary purpose of these reports, therefore, they always will reflect positively for the company. A company is almost certainty never going to publicly disclose that they are having any kind of trouble or concerns and will always spin things in their favor. It isn't until the excrement really hits the fan (aka bankruptcy) do the troubles then come to light.

@VanillaLucia said in Hiro Arai himself confirms they will keep following their update model and that global has a good and healthy marketplace:

I'm not expecting a grand big update for December but I do hope that it isn't more of the same of what we have already had in either Phantasy Star Online 2 or New Genesis (I do want to see something "new" and something that also pushes the gameplay more than what we currently have).

JRPGs often coast on nostalgia, so I can say with 99% certainty that the new areas will have the "new" enemies you'd expect.

@Yggranya I don't think you are wrong with that. I would much rather see something more that have not seen in either game but I'm not certain if that is something Sega is considering considering how much Halpha currently repeats of the original game (and that some spoilers/rumors I have heard from elsewhere point to more of that being the case).

@Zeke A complaint is worth twice a compliment. The fact that people are complaining means they still care about the game. Even if it may not seem constructive to you, it can still be of use to the developers because it can help them at least pin point issues and guage their severity.

People leaving without giving any feedback is worse than people complaining.