Aelio Town Swimsuit Packs are unacceptable

This has gotten ridiculous. TWELVE AC SCRATCHES in two and a half months, and now YET ANOTHER PACK THAT COSTS AS MUCH AS A FULLY FINISHED GAME? Not only that, but "politics" unavoidably is forced into the issue as the female tax hits once again (in a game now) and women are forced to pay more than men!? Seriously?! They're charging the price of a fully finished game just for a bunch of CRAP to use in an UNFINISHED ALPHA STATE GAME. This level of corporate greed is unacceptable. This is seriously EA/KOEI levels of unethical tripe. I only wish we could get Sega in legal trouble for this, but countries refuse to outright ban Gacha. Ugh. I think we all need to team up, organize a boycott of NGS, and make sure Sega either changes or goes under. This is entirely unacceptable.

The prices were announced months ago. However, I thought at least you would get 2 of each cosmetic item. I don't think it's worth paying 2 times to just unlock all items on an account.

Females pay slightly more because they have 1 more item than males.

Sega are lucky they don't attact the same attention as the likes of EA / Activision / Ubisoft, because if they did, they would be getting torn to pieces by gamers, youtubers and the games media.

@Kofi9867 said in Aelio Town Swimsuit Packs are unacceptable:

Females pay slightly more because they have 1 more item than males.

That is a terrible excuse, especially as the extra isn't even worth 10 cents much less $2. The pack itself doesn't have the value but does have the price of a full indy game release. To say it costs more because of one extra simple accessory is just repulsive. It's a female tax, plain and simple, there is no defending this. How do people continue to defend Sega? I just don't get it. They have absolutely no business charging this kinda money for ANYTHING until the game itself is actually a full real game and not an Alpha stage Mobile app. If they want it to be a dress-up game only, they should just admit it.

@HermitST said in Aelio Town Swimsuit Packs are unacceptable:

Sega are lucky they don't attact the same attention as the likes of EA / Activision / Ubisoft, because if they did, they would be getting torn to pieces by gamers, youtubers and the games media.

You need people to care about your game for that to happen.

@PyroSaphuron

Oh don't get it twisted. I'm not defending SEGA or their current practices, just clearing up why one is higher priced than the other.

According to how Sega priced things in AC, they are actually pretty good deals.

Aelio Nadar Deluxe Pack - Total value in SEGA's mind: 4250 AC and 400 SG (6250 AC total)

• Premium Set (30 days) - 1300 AC
  • Material Storage (30 days) - 300 SG (1500 AC)
  • N-Rare Drop Rate +50% x3 - 800 AC
  • N-EXP Earned +10% x3 - 350 AC
  • Salon Pass - 100 SG (500 AC)
  • 9 AC scratch equivalent items - 9x200 AC (1800 AC)

Aelio Nager Deluxe Pack - Total value in SEGA's mind: 4450 AC and 400 SG (6450 AC total)

• Premium Set (30 days) - 1300 AC
  • Material Storage (30 days) - 300 SG (1500 AC)
  • N-Rare Drop Rate +50% x3 - 800 AC
  • N-EXP Earned +10% x3 - 350 AC
  • Salon Pass - 100 SG (500 AC)
  • 10 AC scratch equivalent items - 10x200 AC (2000 AC)

The problem is that there is a fair amount of fluff items in each pack that people don't really buy (i.e. the RDR and XP buffs) and SG->AC really inflates AC prices of SG purchases.

I think people would likely be complaining less if the RDRx3 (800 AC) and XP+10%x3 (350 AC) buffs had been replaced by Character Storage Expansions/Sub-Palette Tickets (800 AC) and N-Inventory +10 (350 AC) tickets respectively and you could swap those tickets in for the buffs at the item trader.