Terrible new UQ schedule

Remember with PSO2 (mainly JP, but even globally too) when new UQs would be common when they first came out so that people could actually do them? Well with NGS we've had a grand total of three Mining Base UQs within about 24 hours of server uptime. As opposed to, oh I dunno, every other hour so that the time gated content can actually be done by most people.

I think I've officially discovered who's in charge of the decision making for this game at SEGA.

V alt text

Surprised the forums didn't blow up with this already. People should be flat-out revolting at this point.

Me and a few of my alliance members commented on this, it used to be you get the new UQ spammed the day after maintenance so people could try it out, but instead we are getting long waits in-between any UQ and getting a mix of both the new one and the existing ones.

I miss the old UQ schedule, since you could plan around it and have parties set up and ready to go, instead of the 15 minute scramble when alliance members are scattered across multiple blocks or not paying attention to alliance chat.

I recall a vocal minority saying the schedule was horrible and everything would be better if UQs went back to the way they were originally... Strange that those voices aren't on the forums anymore praising the success of the old ways aint it?

Here we're witnessing how the idea of scheduled UQs began and have been torturing PSO2 for years

• UQs exist and is the only way to play content because it has added unique enemies and game modes instead of being buffed up free field like they were originally supposed to be
  • UQs exist with little other content between updates
  • People want to do that UQ so they go for the simplest remedy being Sega giving them a schedule with a lot of them
  • Other quests are getting less attention because there is a perma schedule going on and often contains the only relevant content in the game or locks your ability to get BIS gear behind it
  • Content has to keep getting simpler and simpler because failing an UQ is ten times worse than failing a normal quest on top of the random matching being pretty much a requirement given there is a fat chance your friends and team mates all play during all the schedule slots.

The real mistake is that the new UQs aren't only getting bundled with new regions releases where it's not the only content in the update, while the intermediate updates use other forms of quests, which funnily despite NGS claiming that it will concentrate less on UQs added only UQ content in the two updates we got being Gigantix and TD. It's also really funny seeing NA fall for the same shit JP fell for. At least for TD now you're not getting that much out of it, so people complaining will stop in half a week after they've played enough for novelty.

Are you talking about storms for Giga's? Well - I think this is how its worked out thus far. Normally - you would hear a clap of thunder and then a storm would then spawn in a GIGA, Right? - Well have you noticed when there is FOG around your area? As it turns out, you'll need to goto the Ryouku device and find a room that has those that are giga farming, Mind you - its not changing blocks, It's the room. So- I changed to that room and bingo, Giga farm as per usual.

I am truly worried for the state of the game with these UQs tbh. In JP, trigger quests were released in OG PSO2 as the "solution" to UQ scheduling woes... except in JP, those triggers always cost ~200 SG apiece. The only triggers you could buy in bulk and spam were solo PD, and solo mother/deus.

I fear that what we got in Global (essentially, access to near-unlimited triggers just by playing the game/farming badges) was only due to Global's accelerated release schedule, and wasn't at all what it was intended to be going forward... I would love to be proven wrong, but NGS has had a track record with being FAR more money-grubby than its predecessor so far. It's really sad to see tbh.

The SG triggers in JP were actually an old design from I think EP4 that was just kinda left there even if some new triggers were added. EP5 and EP6 both had triggers that were drops from quests and could be sold on player shops, and depending on the quest in question some of them ended up extremely cheap or drops were worth more than the trigger. A bunch also ended up in various badge shops.

So much of the QoL stuff has been cut out of NGS. PSO2 was a major success for Sega, they had so much there that could have been incorporated into NGS, but they just dumped it all.

This is just exasperating tbh. Some people I know who had quit or were on the verge of quitting were psyched for the new UQ and the inability to play it has pushed them further from the game. It sometimes feels like Sega is deliberately trolling us lol. WHY can't we just have schedules and failing that WHY can't they at least follow the old model of spamming the new UQ in the first few days so people can try it? I've seen so many angry people over this, and so many rage quits it's just.... Sad. Please do better.

Well all i wanted from this shitty defence UQ were those armors to upgrade my last to armor 40. Now that that's done, there's no need to do it ever again. I expected that with the removel of those dumb points people would focus more on defence and less on piling on the enemies, but no such luck. Ugh...

Haven't played the game in a few days, do I assume a boss spawning in defense is basically the boss using warcry on players just like PSO2? lol

Asking for a schedule from Sega isn't the answer to this problem; that's a bandaid solution. All UQ style content should be doable whenever someone wants to play it. There is no reason to force someone into following a schedule or have them wait around randomly for a chance to do the content.

The UQ trigger points should always be accessible to queue up for. Put a limit of 15 clears per week. If you want to keep running it after that you can, but you will only get rewards/drops for the first 15 clears per week.

Now we have a system where someone can log onto the game and do the content they want when it suits them. If I want to run all 15 runs over the weekend and not fall behind I can do that.

If they have to keep the randomly occurring UQs around for some reason then that can be a method around getting more rewards per week in addition to the 15 clears you can always get.

Also, there should be multiple difficulties (easy/normal/hard) because not everyone is at the same gear and skill level and I'm tired of braindead UQs you cannot even fail.

@Clairvoyant said in Terrible new UQ schedule:

Asking for a schedule from Sega isn't the answer to this problem; that's a bandaid solution. All UQ style content should be doable whenever someone wants to play it. There is no reason to force someone into following a schedule or have them wait around randomly for a chance to do the content.

The UQ trigger points should always be accessible to queue up for. Put a limit of 15 clears per week. If you want to keep running it after that you can, but you will only get rewards/drops for the first 15 clears per week.

Now we have a system where someone can log onto the game and do the content they want when it suits them. If I want to run all 15 runs over the weekend and not fall behind I can do that.

If they have to keep the randomly occurring UQs around for some reason then that can be a method around getting more rewards per week in addition to the 15 clears you can always get.

Also, there should be multiple difficulties (easy/normal/hard) because not everyone is at the same gear and skill level and I'm tired of braindead UQs you cannot even fail.

Sorry but rewards only for the first 15 clears? What problem does that solve? That's still putting a gate on the content which this game does not need at all

UQs as they stand are pointless anyway. Just buy the drops for 1k off the market. There isn't a lick of content that requires high end gear. If you meet the BP that's all you need which makes the whole system null n void.

Id say keep the random UQs ONLY when you have other content in the game to keep folks busy. This is not the case now n now we have old UQs equally contending with the new one at release which shouldn't be the case.

@Clairvoyant said in Terrible new UQ schedule:

Yeah I get the idea they had with UQs and that probably a lot of people won't do UQs that often if you can just enter then whenever, but there's a much better solution for that. They could have simply made the UQs hot-time versions of content we can enter whenever we want (basically have the quests be accessible at all times but have worse rates for everything, but have a UQ version that basically has a triboost effect on it every time it appears to make it worth doing them at the UQ times still).

Then they could still do events that increase the drop-rates of UQs even further too. Triggers should have never been necessary to do these quests at a time of your choosing.