What happened to the colour you showed of the Type 2 Marine Taure BA in the promotional video?

740DE859-9658-4524-A9E5-B61E0690DE6C.jpeg

This colour isn’t in the scratch. The first one is the closest buy the colour is still quite a bit different

This is what the preview looks like in game

3EA5F40A-78E5-4C32-9C5A-B661BF45991A.jpeg

There's this weird thing called lighting that can make things look brighter or darker than they really are.

@Kos said in What happened to the colour you showed of the Type 2 Marine Taure BA in the promotional video?:

There's this weird thing called lighting that can make things look brighter or darker than they really are.

That’s more than lighting, you see the outfit in a few different lightings in the video and it doesn’t change how the outfit looks. The colour is actually different on the one in game

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in What happened to the colour you showed of the Type 2 Marine Taure BA in the promotional video?:

@Kos said in What happened to the colour you showed of the Type 2 Marine Taure BA in the promotional video?:

That’s more than lighting, you see the outfit in a few different lightings in the video and it doesn’t change how the outfit looks. The colour is actually different on the one in game

He's talking about your brightness. The official screenshot has theirs at either the base, or turned up brighter than yours, which is obvious because your grass looks about as, if not darker than mine, and I turned my brightness down. The outfit is the correct color, your settings however, aren't the same as standard, so color is contrasting differently. The first picture is obviously oversaturated by a white sheen, and that's because base PSO2, and NGS both have an issue with the standard brightness setting being a smidge too high.

@Anarchy-Marine said in What happened to the colour you showed of the Type 2 Marine Taure BA in the promotional video?:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in What happened to the colour you showed of the Type 2 Marine Taure BA in the promotional video?:

He's talking about your brightness. The official screenshot has theirs at either the base, or turned up brighter than yours, which is obvious because your grass looks about as, if not darker than mine, and I turned my brightness down. The outfit is the correct color, your settings however, aren't the same as standard, so color is contrasting differently. The first picture is obviously oversaturated by a white sheen, and that's because base PSO2, and NGS both have an issue with the standard brightness setting being a smidge too high.

That would make sense if I was noticing the same thing on multiple items in different scratches, but it’s just this one outfit and it’s only one part of it, the orange section, and even in the saloon where the lighting is a lot brighter it’s still the same colour has it is here. The outfit is in the banner in the game has well, and even with my settings still looks different to the preview or the saloon, the orange setting has been set to high.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Ok, so they changed from a more gold/yellowish orange, to a more deeper red/orange(?) (Don't know what to call that). Maybe that was a design choice to sell more scratches in an attempt to sell more N-type color change passes, as the original color scheme looked good, and we can't have that, lol. (That last part was a joke)

Honestly I don't know what to tell you then, it's just a design choice, likely implemented last second for whatever reason. Was the original color scheme a selling point? Or is this just a personal gripe with marketing/false advertising?

@Anarchy-Marine said in What happened to the colour you showed of the Type 2 Marine Taure BA in the promotional video?:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Ok, so they changed from a more gold/yellowish orange, to a more deeper red/orange(?) (Don't know what to call that). Maybe that was a design choice to sell more scratches in an attempt to sell more N-type color change passes, as the original color scheme looked good, and we can't have that, lol. (That last part was a joke)

Honestly I don't know what to tell you then, it's just a design choice, likely implemented last second for whatever reason. Was the original color scheme a selling point? Or is this just a personal gripe with marketing/false advertising?

I really wanted the original colour in the video. I can use my one n-colour pass to adjust it, but I’m reluctant to do so when it could be a long time before I get another, especially when I’d be changing it to s colour I thought I was going to be able to buy.

colorcomparisonlines.png

Nah dude. It's the same.

@Browren said in What happened to the colour you showed of the Type 2 Marine Taure BA in the promotional video?:

colorcomparisonlines.png

Nah dude. It's the same.

It definitely looks a lot closer on your screen than it does on mine, the orange on mine is so heavy, but it’s still not exactly the same. It’s just weird how I’m having this issue with this one specific colour on this outfit

@TEN-SQUARE-3 they are probably using different color vibrancy modes on their hardware. its definitely more orange than yellow on a normal setup, but i bet it can easily turn to that yellow color with the right settings.

@AngryRhombus563 said in What happened to the colour you showed of the Type 2 Marine Taure BA in the promotional video?:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 they are probably using different color vibrancy modes on their hardware. its definitely more orange than yellow on a normal setup, but i bet it can easily turn to that yellow color with the right settings.

Has the general consensus seems to it’s my colour settings, I caved and just used my colour pass to adjust it to how I wanted