Microsoft Store installed PSO2NGS is not the same version as server and doesn't offer upgrade

Title says it all. What do I do? Microsoft store just says "Play" and does not offer update.

Microsoft store still doesn't offer update for the game. Meanwhile I downloaded the entire 80 GB or whatever it was to re-download the game again on Steam. Steam has the correct version and allows me to connect to servers. This is an issue

I met the same problem as you, but I don't want to download it again on another store, it's too big...

I have the issue as well - no idea how to work around it either.

Same problem, PC version Microsoft store. Last time I got an update was on August 4th when Braver released.

Have you tried the PSO2 Tweaker?

https://na.arks-layer.com/

Still no update offered to users who have installed the game through the Windows Store. Note the time and date stamp captured in my snippet. I can load the game just fine through Steam.

If the tweaker works, that's great. I just don't want that to be 'the solution' because sega can't work with M$ to provide an update in a timely fashion. Many people won't come to these forums when they're disgruntled, they'll just stop playing the game.

Edit: fixed typos

StillNoUpdate.PNG

Me and few of my friends have the same issue. Re-installing fixed it for me, but it is going to be pretty annoying if I have to do it on every update.

@AKA-Dubz Can't you update the game from somewhere in that PSO2NGS screen of the Microsoft Store App? I could and am playing the mining rig defense on my MS Store PC without trouble.

If I remember right, it was from a menu of the "..." button right to the "Play" button, but I'm not sure since that menu now shows no update option for me.

@Fiona-Respha I had tried that solution, there are 3 . . . next to your account name, you can click on downloads and updates, when I click on it, Microsoft store tells me there are no new updates and everything is up to date. I think Sega totally missed the MS store version and there is no viable way around it. I do not want to uninstall/reinstall, I do not want to have to go through tweaker (Again) I don't want to have to use another stores version. If Sega simply wants the game to fail, they are doing a great job at it. I for one have no issues of never playing this game again if this keeps up.

https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/announcement67237

Sega has posted a way to update the game.

Install the Xbox app via the Microsoft Store.
Launch the Xbox app, go to My Collection > Manage Installs, and click either Update or Update All.
Launch the Microsoft Store, enter “PSO2” in the search bar, and select “Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis”.
Confirm that the game was updated and launch the game.